Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 15.1 Preliminary Release Notes

Bob
To be clear, I'm all for vaults being at risk, particularly those at holdings. I also think there are probably some reasonable ways to make that so, and to deal with the concerns I raised, though they're not simple enough for us to rush them in before implementing some other higher priorities. Making sure that raids and other PvP options have a good potential for profit is very important, and something we're certainly thinking about as we're evaluating next steps on the roadmap. I can't make any guarantees about where it might fit in exactly, other than to say that finishing off the promised social features plus enchanting takes priority over pretty much everything other than completely unanticipated issues that require immediate attention.
Bringslite
Bob
To be clear, I'm all for vaults being at risk, particularly those at holdings. I also think there are probably some reasonable ways to make that so, and to deal with the concerns I raised, though they're not simple enough for us to rush them in before implementing some other higher priorities. Making sure that raids and other PvP options have a good potential for profit is very important, and something we're certainly thinking about as we're evaluating next steps on the roadmap. I can't make any guarantees about where it might fit in exactly, other than to say that finishing off the promised social features plus enchanting takes priority over pretty much everything other than completely unanticipated issues that require immediate attention.
Thank you for clarifying that, Bob. If the take away from anything I write is that I am suggesting you would put priority on player discussion/desires over what you deem more important that is my bad. smile I feel like enchanting and the social features are going to be big hits. Now and ongoing.

I also recognize that you guys are trying to move mountains with sandbox play shovels and HAVE TO prioritize to make any real progress. Guess that in my desire to see things sooner rather than later, I am just dreaming about Smaller game tweaks, both more easy for you and possibly of more appreciation from portions of the player base. Keep the interest up, improve retention kind of thing, you know?

Now the above may just be an obvious example of my being a great Poster Boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect, especially relevant as I have zero Pro game design experience. Still, please bear in mind that I do not intend applying undue pressure on Paizo. I just enjoy discussing and debating in places that I have interests.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
No worries. It's still good to bring up various issues and possibilities, even knowing they'll probably fall behind other issues in terms of priority. It's always possible they'll spark some very quick idea that we can somehow fit in while tackling our main priorities, and if not they're still food for thought when we do get a chance to tackle related areas. And beyond our own selfish needs, these discussions can at least help all of you understand why we're prioritizing certain things over others. That's why I try not to shut down conversation on things too quickly, but I do eventually tend to throw in comments about priorities since Cole and I have to resist the temptation to participate too much in design conversations until we're really able to give them serious consideration. That usually means either when we're doing a bunch of scheduling and need to at least discuss the overall scope of possible features, or when we're close to implementing those features and are really ready to discuss implementation specifics.
Smitty
May have been asked somewhere else:

Question on Guild Codex Collections :
Looks to me the Guild collections should use the same number of items to make the collections as the Cleric/Fighter/Wizard .. Instead they appear to use the same number of codex items that a crafting/refining collection requires
Is that a bug or is that by design ?
Bob
Smitty
Looks to me the Guild collections should use the same number of items to make the collections as the Cleric/Fighter/Wizard .. Instead they appear to use the same number of codex items that a crafting/refining collection requires
Is that a bug or is that by design ?

Good catch, that's definitely a bug. Just didn't notice there were different numbers for the expendable-based collections than for the recipe-based ones. I'll get that fixed in the next update.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post