Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

knowlege skills question

Gross
Looking at my mob drop feat levels I realise that for 2 of them dungeoneering and nature I don't know what they do / if anything at this point so I have left them down at L8… are they active / do they do anything?

Also, which if any, skill works for Tians / Necromancers / Dark Elves / Mordents / Duergar any other categories of mob not listed in the @2015 notes?

Arcana: Elementals / Crystals / Towers / Nhurs
Dungeoneering: No idea / nothing?
Geography: Ogres
Nature: No idea / nothing?
History: Ghouls / Skeletons
Local: Bandits / Cultists / Goblins / Knights / Raiders
Planes: Hellhounds
Survival: Wolves
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Maxen
Dungeoneering is used for Duergar. As far as I know, Nature is not used for anything at the moment.
Edam
At a guess, the Tian, Mordant Spires etc all count as raiders. But it would be nice to know that for sure.
Bob
This can be a little tricky to be exact about, since knowledge skills are tied to loot tables, and then specific mobs call for specific loot tables. There are also some groups that call for a mix of loot tables, so a full and exact accounting requires a lot of cross-referencing and double-checking to be sure it's all correct. There are also some named mobs from Events that are basically renamed versions of other mobs, and accounting for all of those would take a lot of time.

Loot table names also don't necessary really say much about the particular mob, as we often re-used loot tables for mobs that felt like they should have the same loot, even if the mobs themselves are very different. Looking through them now, there may be some cases where we didn't look carefully enough at which knowledge skill would be applied as a result and should probably make new loot tables for them to switch those around a bit.

All that said, I did a quick pass through the spreadsheets for mobs in general and their loot tables, but not for named event mobs, and here's what I came up with:

• Arcana: Necromancers, Crystals
  • Local: Knights (Knights, Mercenaries, Crusaders, Moloch Knights, Mordant Spire Elves), Goblins, Cultists (Mercenary Mages, Bandit Mages, Lamashtu Cultists, River Shepherds, Moloch Cultists, Razmiran Cultists, unspecified Cultists), Bandits (Bandits, Rangers, Razmiran Recruiters/Fanatics), Raiders
  • Geography: Ogres (Ogres, Crystal Ogres)
  • Planes: Elementals, Outsiders (Hellhounds, Moloch Hounds)
  • Dungeoneering: Duergar, Dark Elves
  • History: Skeletons, Liches, Tians
  • Survival (filed a bug to research this, original design docs say we should be using Nature for loot bonuses, not Survival, but maybe we switched for a reason): Animals (Wolves, Goblin Dogs)
Gross
Ta muchly… will raise dungeoneering to match the others and leave nature languishing for now then. Took nature and survival originally as created Gross to be a ranger when ranger arrived, then ignored them and dungeoneering when got into T2 as there seemed no purple mobs associated with them, should have asked earlier…
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
NightmareSr
Bob, is your above notes still current or has it been changed at all?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Schedim
Hmmm … my imideate reponse is that local is a bit overloaded rigth now… would be nice to spread the love lore a bit wider among the different mobs.

Also this should perhaps rplace the irrelevant sticky?
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
NightmareSr
Bob, is your above notes still current or has it been changed at all?

Still current.
Bob
Schedim
Hmmm … my imideate reponse is that local is a bit overloaded rigth now… would be nice to spread the love lore a bit wider among the different mobs.

Yeah, we may want to revisit this at some point, though the larger plan was that future monsters would be less likely to fall under local.

Schedim
Also this should perhaps rplace the irrelevant sticky?

Is there a sticky topic somewhere on this? I keep failing my search roll.
NightmareSr
I rolled a 1 on my search roll, and the browser crashed. smile
So is "Nature" affecting anything right now? Was just a bit unsure by your note about entering a bug for Survival.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post