Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

knowlege skills question

Edam
I actually think its a good thing that most of the low level stuff hunted by new players falls under the one category (local) meaning they can focus their XP a bit.

Knights is the only local mob that gives T3 loot, however Enchantment will give us all good reasons to take local up higher again smile
Schedim
Bob
Schedim
Also this should perhaps rplace the irrelevant sticky?

Is there a sticky topic somewhere on this? I keep failing my search roll.

The title is: Knowledge:X Feats
And it is the second sticky in the Gathering sub-forum, it seems complained about it two years ago already …. smile
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Schedim
Edam
I actually think its a good thing that most of the low level stuff hunted by new players falls under the one category (local) meaning they can focus their XP a bit.

Knights is the only local mob that gives T3 loot, however Enchantment will give us all good reasons to take local up higher again smile

You got a point there, but even while a little newbie I would have prefered a bit more differential. Especially all the magery figures clumped in there stands out. Utility is one thing but immersion is important too.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
NightmareSr
So is "Nature" affecting anything right now? Was just a bit unsure by your note about entering a bug for Survival.

Near as I can tell, Nature doesn't currently affect anything. After a little research, I believe the original intent was that Nature worked like all the other loot-boosting skills, and applied primarily to Fey creatures, which we don't yet have any of. Survival was supposed to apply to animals/beasts, but was supposed to work in a completely different way, allowing the gathering of hides and such from those kills. However, we at least temporarily (if not permanently) changed that to just treat Survival as a standard loot-boosting skill that applied to those kinds of kills, which makes a lot of sense when trying to simplify things.

Since we don't yet have mobs that Nature applies to, I'm planning to temporarily remove that feat from the Trainers so characters won't train it any more until it's more worthwhile. Hopefully I can get to that shortly after EE 16 ships. If you already have it, then you'll still get your stat boosts from it, you just won't be able to take it any further for a while. There was also a planned enchantment to boost Nature skills, but I held off on implementing it since it's not really worthwhile at this point.
Bob
Schedim
Bob
Schedim
Also this should perhaps rplace the irrelevant sticky?

Is there a sticky topic somewhere on this? I keep failing my search roll.

The title is: Knowledge:X Feats
And it is the second sticky in the Gathering sub-forum, it seems complained about it two years ago already …. smile

Thanks for finding that, all updated now.
Edam
Back in the day Stephen published the list below of relative monster ranks. Is there a more current list that includes the newer mobs?

Name - Monster Level
Targeting Dummy - 0
Bandit Recruit - 1
Bandit Recruit Archer - 1
Cultist Novitiate - 1
Ghoul Goblin Scout - 1
Goblin Messenger - 1
Goblin Scout - 1
Goblin Warrior - 1
Knight's Page - 1
Raider Clansman - 1
Skeleton - 1
Skeleton Archer - 1
Wolf Omega - 1
Bandit - 2
Bandit Archer - 2
Bloody Skeleton - 2
Burning Skeleton - 2
Cultist - 2
Ghoul Goblin Warrior - 2
Goblin Bomber - 2
Goblin Dog - 2
Goblin Shaman - 2
Goblin Subchief - 2
Knight's Squire - 2
Raider - 2
Raider Archer - 2
Wolf - 2
Ghoul Goblin Dog - 3
Ogre Runt - 3
Ogre Runt Hurler - 3
Winter Warg - 3
Bandit Leader - 4
Cultist Adept - 4
Cultist Priest - 4
Cultist Protector - 4
Goblin Chief - 4
Hellhound - 4
Knight - 4
Minion Skeletal Fighter - 4
Minion Skeletal Ranger - 4
Minion Skeletal Wizard - 4
Raider Shaman - 4
Raider Subchief - 4
Wolf Alpha - 4
Ogre - 5
Ogre Hurler - 5
Adventurer Skeletal Fighter - 6
Adventurer Skeletal Ranger - 6
Adventurer Skeletal Wizard - 6
Cultist High Priest - 6
Dire Wolf - 6
Dread Ghoul Wolf - 6
Ghoul Goblin Chief - 6
Goblin Boss - 6
Knight Errant - 6
Raider Chief - 6
Ogre Shaman - 7
Ogre Subchief - 7
Champion Skeletal Fighter - 8
Champion Skeletal Ranger - 8
Champion Skeletal Wizard - 8
Cultist Hierophant - 8
Knight Caster - 8
Knight Sergeant - 8
Raider Hero - 8
Asmodean Hellhound - 9
Ogre Chief - 9
Knight Captain - 11
Knight Prelate - 11
Knight General - 14
Knight Hero - 18
Knight Legend - 21
Bob
Edam
Back in the day Stephen published the list below of relative monster ranks. Is there a more current list that includes the newer mobs?

I don't have something handy to just copy and paste, but I can work something up pretty easily. Probably won't be able to get to it until EE 16 ships, so I made myself a note to look into it after that. Bug me again if I don't get it posted shortly after EE 16 settles down on Live.
NightmareSr
Bob
Near as I can tell, Nature doesn't currently affect anything. …
Since we don't yet have mobs that Nature applies to, I'm planning to temporarily remove that feat from the Trainers so characters won't train it any more until it's more worthwhile. Hopefully I can get to that shortly after EE 16 ships. If you already have it, then you'll still get your stat boosts from it, you just won't be able to take it any further for a while. There was also a planned enchantment to boost Nature skills, but I held off on implementing it since it's not really worthwhile at this point.
Thanks, I seem to blow my XP quickly so that will help me stay away from it. smile
Is there anything else that gives NO current benefit? smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
Is there anything else that gives NO current benefit? smile

Pretty sure all the other feats that were waiting on unimplemented features were removed from the trainers a while ago, possibly even before Open Enrollment. If anyone's aware of others that should be hidden away for now, let me know.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post