Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Auction House Bid feature

Chak
I have not done a lot with the auction house aside from checking on ammo availability. If I wanted to acquire goods like coal and iron, would I use the Bid feature? And if someone fills that order, how is the money for the sale collected?
Kenton Stone
When you place the bid the money is taken from you and placed in "escrow" for fulfillment of the bid.
Example: 100 coal at 50c each bid would take 5000c copper from you at the time the bid is created.
As individuals fulfill the bid they will receive the money from the escrow immediately.

When items placed for sale (without bid) and bought, the money is collected when the seller returns to the auction house.
Lisa Stevens
Kenton Stone
When you place the bid the money is taken from you and placed in "escrow" for fulfillment of the bid.
Example: 100 coal at 50c each bid would take 5000c copper from you at the time the bid is created.
As individuals fulfill the bid they will receive the money from the escrow immediately.

When items placed for sale (without bid) and bought, the money is collected when the seller returns to the auction house.

One other thing to note is that the bid only lasts a month. At the end of a month, any money not used to buy the items you want is returned to your bank account.

-Lisa
Demiurge
Lisa Stevens
Kenton Stone

One other thing to note is that the bid only lasts a month. At the end of a month, any money not used to buy the items you want is returned to your bank account.

-Lisa
I thought it only returned if you revisited the settlement where you placed the bids ?
Bringslite
You do have to return to the AH hex and hit up any place coin can be viewed to get refunded for that. At least the returned coin only shows up in that case.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
You do have to return to the AH hex and hit up any place coin can be viewed to get refunded for that. At least the returned coin only shows up in that case.

Yep, you do have to return to that settlement hex to get the money back. It is just there waiting for you.

-Lisa

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post