Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

My "Last Pathfinder Online Email"

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Do I really have to click a link in all of the emails sent today, then log in to the associated account to make sure my connection with you is preserved? what will happen to accounts where I do not follow that procedure? Will the game accounts be hampered in any way, or will I just not get emails, and which emails? Are you going to not-send-me an announcement that something is happening? That I'm being kicked out of my settlement? That I'm being challenged for leadership of my company? That my banks in the starter towns will be relocated across the map to Thornkeep unless I take a specific action by a specific date?

Will there come a time when I don't have to make up a new email for each account I want to play?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Assuming you have already verified all your email accounts some time in the past when first setting up your accounts. the ONLY change here if you do nothing is you will miss out on the multiple copies of advertising and marketing mail you currently get.

The bulk email we all got specifically stated it was a change with regard to marketing email not goblinworks/support emails related to your accounts.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Assuming you have already verified all your email accounts some time in the past when first setting up your accounts. the ONLY change here if you do nothing is you will miss out on the multiple copies of advertising and marketing mail you currently get.

The bulk email we all got specifically stated it was a change with regard to marketing email not goblinworks/support emails related to your accounts.
Thanks, Edam. While it mentions marketing emails several times, none of the emails I received explicitly mentioned support or game-related emails, and I don't know the GDPR legislation's effects on such emails, so I'm hoping for something specific from the team.
Bob
Yes, we can still contact account holders for what are called transactional emails, like those about password resets, email address changes, or billing problems. However, marketing emails require more explicit consent.

We may someday look into not requiring a unique email address for each account, but knowing that each account has a unique address simplifies a lot of things for us. Just as one example, if you use the link for a forgotten password, we can send you a link to reset the password for the first account we find with that address, knowing that's the only account involved. If we allowed multiple accounts to have the same address, then we'd have to check all our accounts each time and send links to reset the passwords on all of them.

There is, however, a nifty trick for getting around creating new emails called Plus Addressing, which is supported by Gmail, Outlook and many others. For email systems that support it, all email sent to username+whatever@isp.com goes to username@isp.com. So if you have three accounts, you could set the email addresses for each of them to username+1@isp.com, username+2@isp.com and username+3@isp.com. We'll see each as a unique address, but you don't need to create unique accounts for each one.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thanks, Bob.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post