Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Play Style

oneyeddragon
I have played DDO for years and there is a lot of us that are tired of there BS. But there isn't a game out there that has the customization, game play, TR system, skill trees and the combat style of DDO (aka Dungeons and Dragons online). There is much potential in your game to surpass DDO and laterally steal there player base if you incorporate some if not all of those styles from DDO. I know myself I can get at least 30 plays to jump just on out TeamSpeak alone if these changes are made.smile
Azure_Zero
Sorry to dampen your spirit some, But given the Current Dev team's size and budget, I don't think it would be possible for a LONG time to get even half of what you want from DDO into PFO unless some serious cash came in for the game.
Heck the only Devs left are pretty much the programmers, no artists, modellers, or animators.
The Roadmap's that do get released, do have some nice upgrades, but the only major upgrades that are doable already have much of the code in the system and just needing some completion.
Now the new Roadmap will be released soon, as in a month or two and you can then put some of your opinion in and they might change some of the minor things, but nothing major.

I know I would love a character customization update, heck I would even recommend Morph3D for character customization.
But I know they would need to do work updating the outfits and accessories to work with Morph3D, since the base is free and getting a few more morphs would add a lot for the small cost.

@oneyeddragon
oneyeddragon
…But there isn't a game out there that has the customization, game play, TR system, skill trees and the combat style of DDO (aka Dungeons and Dragons online). There is much potential in your game to surpass DDO and laterally steal there player base if you incorporate some if not all of those styles from DDO.

I would recommend being clear and defined in what your asking here, and offer solutions and ideas for getting them in with only a small Dev team.

Also Note that since PFO was designed from the Beginning to NOT be a Theme park MMO with all the common MMO designs like WoW and DDO, so odds are it won't end up as you envision or plan to have PFO become even if half of it gets incorporated in.
PFO was designed as a territory control game with PVP and PVE being balanced at it's core.
Now that could change, but I highly doubt it, since it would cost a few bodies along with a arm and a leg to upgrade PFO into a theme park MMO.
Bob
A lot of our design decisions about character customization, skill advancement, and combat stem from our focus on making a sandbox territorial-control game, as opposed to a story-/adventure-/quest-driven theme park game. That focus was in turn driven by our goal of producing Pathfinder Online with a much smaller budget than is required by even the smallest of theme park MMOs. We do intend to eventually add more of those content-driven elements, but that's not our initial focus.

That said, it's always interesting to hear where people feel there are various tweaks we could implement that would make the game more appealing to certain audiences without taking away from the features that make Pathfinder Online unique. Most larger changes are very difficult for us to do right now with our small development team, but smaller tweaks can sometimes be fit into our plans more easily.
Bringslite
@oneyeddragon Thank you, BTW. What is really needed here are reminders and input/opinions from more than just those that play here long term and regularly. All ideas and suggestions help spark ideas and thoughts that may keep brains working toward solutions for making the game more popular over the long term.

Improving the draw of the game will take time but your comments are appreciated very much! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post