Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Future of Sanctified Attacks

Maxen
Bob,

Can you shed some light on how future sanctified attacks will be introduced? For example, one-handed blunt weapon sanctified attacks only exist for 'light mace' right now (event though you can use a light hammer as well), but I assume will only be available to followers of Asmodeus when deities are introduced.

I hesitate leveling up in those sanctified attacks if they are not going to be available to a cleric of Sarenrae. When you introduce future attacks tied to deities, will you allow the equivalent level to be applied to the appropriate equivalent attack feat? Thanks.
Maxen
Harad Navar
I am hoping that sanctified keywords like Keen will be in enchanting. (By-the-by, enchanting could make good use of all those +4 and +5 gate objects.)
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Bringslite
Maxen
Bob,

Can you shed some light on how future sanctified attacks will be introduced? For example, one-handed blunt weapon sanctified attacks only exist for 'light mace' right now (event though you can use a light hammer as well), but I assume will only be available to followers of Asmodeus when deities are introduced.

I hesitate leveling up in those sanctified attacks if they are not going to be available to a cleric of Sarenrae. When you introduce future attacks tied to deities, will you allow the equivalent level to be applied to the appropriate equivalent attack feat? Thanks.
Maxen
This is a question I have had for some time.
This: "Deities

•Allow selection of deities to follow and restrict feat usage based on that selection.
•Align Temples and Cathedrals to appropriate deities."

Specifically how this will affect choices of previous feat selection and development. Will alternatives be added that equal these choices made in the past? Will that exp just be marked down as waste?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
Bringslite
Maxen
Bob,

Maxen
This is a question I have had for some time.
This: "Deities

•Allow selection of deities to follow and restrict feat usage based on that selection.
•Align Temples and Cathedrals to appropriate deities."

Specifically how this will affect choices of previous feat selection and development. Will alternatives be added that equal these choices made in the past? Will that exp just be marked down as waste?

If I recall what was SAID by the Devs, it was along the lines of;
If you take it and you NO longer qualify when Deities and alignment systems get turned on to use it i.e Channel Negative/Positive, Domains etc. You loss access to it and get NO replacements, XP refunds etc, as you took it KNOWING that what you planned was invalid to begin with given the incomplete systems.
Bringslite
If that is so then why is there no warning in the feat descriptions? I do not remember any such warnings. Why is there no warning for players that started after launch day or any start time AFTER this warning for those that came in after?

That doesn't make sense.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
It made sense at the time, because the game was Suppose to be Kickstarter Backer's only at the time and they'd have everything in place before any New players would join the game.
And that did not turn out as planned, now it requires the Old players to inform the new players about what is coming that may stop or kill their character plans and builds

Now I think it was Ryan who informed the player base at the time about it either in a; Blog post, forum post, or a very old voiced Keepside chat like event.

That and it pretty much only really effected clerics, Wizard might of had a few features alignment tied, but Fighters and rogues have no problems.
Bringslite
I'll not jump to conclusions early. They probably don't know what they are going to do yet. It would be easy enough for them to make exact feats that are equitable as counters.

No idea how tough it would be to swap out feats for certain characters to match alignments. Also introducing restriction to previously purchased feats would be pretty nasty without being able to regulate alignments with some sort of alignment tracking mechanic. Such was also intended as part of the system.

I'll not hold my breath waiting for such a system…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Father Bronin
Azure_Zero
Bringslite
Maxen
Bob,

If you take it and you NO longer qualify when Deities and alignment systems get turned on to use it i.e Channel Negative/Positive, Domains etc. You loss access to it and get NO replacements, XP refunds etc, as you took it KNOWING that what you planned was invalid to begin with given the incomplete systems.

That's what I remember. Spend points at your peril.
Bringslite
Father Bronin
Azure_Zero
Bringslite
Maxen
Bob,

That's what I remember. Spend points at your peril.
Sounds reasonable. For $14.95/month they'll give you some XP points. Just don't spend the points(wha?) unless you are ok with changes in the game.

There are some regular attack feats for Clerics at stake here, as well as sanctified attacks and utilities.
Too bad there isn't any reliable warning for players that come in after that announcement…

People expect(and probably deserve) a wee bit of stability when they are paying a premium price monthly to play an MMO. You do have a "Work in Progress" here and that counts for something but a disclosure warning might be a good idea for retention.

None of this answers the OP question though. Only Paizo can do that accurately.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
harneloot
All the clerics I know/knew were planning their builds with their chosen deities in mind, and purchased (or didn't purchase) feats accordingly…sometime even purchasing feats that were sub-optimal in hopes that when Alignment & Deities came in there would be synergies or effects or bonuses or restrictions on others that it would make up the difference.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post