Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Greater Force Missile

Harbalin
Greater Force Missile has "Astral" as its 7th keyword yet there is no Wizard feature that possesses "Astral" and the expendable's other six keywords.

Evoker has the other six keywords, but not "Astral". Enchanter has "Astral" but not "Force" and "Evocation". Abjurer has "Astral" but not "Evocation" and "Precise". Illusionist has "Astral" but not "Force", "Evocation" or "Precise"

This appears to be a bug.
harneloot
Or its meant to be a spell reasonably useful to many different types of Wizards? WIzard's are incomplete - just look at the Energizing Staff with only 4 TOTAL attacks that match all the keywords at level 6. You can't even fill your attack bar!
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Bob
I don't think it's a bug, just an oddity of the way keywords were assigned to specific attack and feature feats. The Hydraulic Push variants have similar issues. As long as Greater Force Missile still fills a niche where it's worth slotting under specific circumstances, it's okay that it's imperfect. And who knows, maybe someday there'll be a selection of feats/equipment that lets you make better use of it.
BlackMoria
Just a thought. How about something in the enchantment system that allows some piece of equipment or clothing that gives the Astral keyword so Greater Force Missile can realize its full potential. Same for Hydraulic Push. I think is a wonderful use of the enchantment system that missing keywords or keywords without a purpose now can be given purpose once the enchantment system comes into the game.
Bob
BlackMoria
Just a thought. How about something in the enchantment system that allows some piece of equipment or clothing that gives the Astral keyword so Greater Force Missile can realize its full potential. Same for Hydraulic Push. I think is a wonderful use of the enchantment system that missing keywords or keywords without a purpose now can be given purpose once the enchantment system comes into the game.

It's a possibility. The most likely candidate would be to allow enchanting of implements, since it would be pretty obvious that any keywords on an implement would apply to expendables. We already intend to let weapons add keywords that apply to combat feats, so this would just be a variant of that.

Our initial plans don't include the ability to enchant implements. In part, they're not as high a priority because they already have advantages all the way up to +5, and we'd like to cover all the equipment that doesn't currently offer any advantages at higher pluses first. I'll add a feature request to look at including implements when we have a chance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post