Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE16/Roadmap

Bringslite
Even if it wasn't an idea to increase a cash flow for PfO, I wonder how many times I have heard new players mention that they have spent all of their xp at the first feat trainer they have clicked on?

Telling them that they will now have to wait hours/days to get more xp just to finish the tutorials seems like kind of a turn off for many of them. There is little to no warning about this. Nor much guidance on what feats really do without having to cross reference many different sources which are not easy to find…

If some of this were better presented, things might run more enjoyably for new players AND old. There might be less call for xp "re dos"
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
If XP Re-dos are for new players I can somewhat see your point
Though XP Re-dos if or when they come in they should be Restricted to the first 7 days after the character is made, whether they gain XP or not during that time.
You are a Troll
Front-load the xp for each month! I cannot over-say how much this might go toward helping keep people in the game who are first trying it. Psychologically knowing you are going to get another big bump of xp if you just sub one more month is huge, not to mention the MUCH MORE FUN it would be for early & mid game characters to have a nice bump of XP to work with at the beginning of each month rather than have it dribble in every hour.
Bringslite
As long as we are all understanding that this is a discussion and not an immediate cry that all else be dropped and the contentious "feature" be given top priority, I think that it is good to kick ideas around. I will leave limitations, maximums and specific "settings" to Paizo rather than say "if they do that, then it must be this" but I like discussing things.

I fully grasp that there are potential hazards in poorly executed features like "respecs". I also trust that Paizo would do something like that in stages and in well thought out measures. I have that faith in them. They are not idiots nor out to give us everything that we clamor for or even in the way we want it without looking at it carefully.

I am also open minded enough to realize that the MMORPG market is different now than even 5-10 years ago. Players want bang for their buck and some of that is "options". These options are what make games more attractive to wider audiences then they otherwise would be. IMO(but what do I know, I'm just a game player) options make it easier for me to experience the type of "fantasy" that I want to pay and play for. I am the payee. I have the fantasy. The more you can give me agency to have my fantasy (within multiplayer reality) closer to my ideal, the more likely you'll see me in YOUR game. Paying to play it.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Front-load the xp for each month! I cannot over-say how much this might go toward helping keep people in the game who are first trying it. Psychologically knowing you are going to get another big bump of xp if you just sub one more month is huge, not to mention the MUCH MORE FUN it would be for early & mid game characters to have a nice bump of XP to work with at the beginning of each month rather than have it dribble in every hour.
This idea is interesting. You still have to gate almost every feat anyway. The tedious waiting to buy feats is then more on the player…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
Bringslite
You are a Troll
This idea is interesting. You still have to gate almost every feat anyway. The tedious waiting to buy feats is then more on the player…

Right! This avoids the, "I just spent two days grinding goblins and I STILL can't train that next level of attacks?"

Coming to the end of the month and knowing you will get 100xp per hour is sometimes not a huge incentive to keep subbing for new players. However, coming to the end of the month and knowing you are about to get 72,000xp in one chunk if you resub can (hopefully) keep new players around long enough to get hooked smile
Bringslite
Bob
While Cole's working on the Friends Lists, I've started looking more deeply into the enchanting system. I've still got a lot to wrap my head around before I can say too much about it, but we're leaning toward a system where Spellcrafters use recipes to take an existing item and convert it into an enchanted item (e.g. converting an Exquisite Circlet into a Superior Jeweler's Exquisite Circlet that grants a bonus to Jeweler). Hopefully I'll have some more detailed ideas to post on that soon, but it's taking a fair amount of research to nail down enough to open up the conversation.

We've also started discussing the roadmap beyond enchanting, but aren't ready to go into any detail on that yet. Partially, we need to get enchanting nailed down before we can devote too much time to what comes next.

Hi Bob,

Do you think that "Bag of Holding" will be included in the Enchanting update?
Thanks!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Front loading XP has the downside that you have a month with no training possible. I suspect that is more likely to discourage new players than the current system.

It is also going to encourage a " play madly for one weekend a month then go afk" play style.

As for respecs .. I am generally OPPOSED but could see them being acceptable if:
  1. the respec was for a FULL reset including all achievments and abilities so you got a "virgin" character with bucketloads of XP
  2. The reset cost was based on the age of character. In other words a 40 month old character pays 40 months worth of respec fees.
  3. respec fees per month are a reasonable (25% ???) percentage of the sub cost of the account, halved for characters on DT accounts

With a system like that a new player could respec a 3 month character for less than the cost of a months subs. However a 4 year character on a non-DT will cost more like a years subs to respec (6 months for a DT) making it a much more meaningful decision for veteran players.
Azure_Zero
+1

That sounds Very reasonable. Edam.
Edam
The other thing you could do is base the respec cost on SPENT XP. That way a 4 year character with 2 years training and 2 years unspent XP would only costs 24 months worth of respec credit to retrain (not the full 48 months).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post