Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

EE16/Roadmap

Bringslite
To me, it sounds like something that wouldn't sell very often. Too expensive.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Bringslite
It would sell well to NEW PLAYERS and people that have stopped playing but still sub.

The alternative would to be to hand a massive windfall to existing veterans who can resub a fully trained 4 year old character for exactly the same money a new player pays to respec his 3 month old character. That seems dreadfully unfair.

To be honest I think anything that provides a disincentive to respecing really old characters is a good thing. if people want to do it make them pay for it.
Bringslite
Edam
Bringslite
It would sell well to NEW PLAYERS and people that have stopped playing but still sub.

The alternative would to be to hand a massive windfall to existing veterans who can resub a fully trained 4 year old character for exactly the same money a new player pays to respec his 3 month old character. That seems dreadfully unfair.

To be honest I think anything that provides a disincentive to respecing really old characters is a good thing. if people want to do it make them pay for it.
Sure. I'm not knocking it being more expensive for vets than newbs. I'm arguing the prices you suggested.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
Then I think Edam's got the cost Just right.
Bringslite
If the object is to put support behind an idea but that support comes with conditions that effectively make the idea as non attractive or unrealistic as possible, what is the use of supporting it at all? If you want to make something that sells, you have to price it so that it will sell.

If the only option is a "complete" respec to ZERO, you would be expecting all long term (40 month as example) players to pay $149.50 per character? Also, while getting two characters (cases of DT accts) for the price of one will quite possibly not be wanted by many players and possibly NOT HELP with marketing the masses that resent starting the game vs players whom have DTs anyway.

So a 4 month respect would cost $14.95. If there does come along a "Cash Shop" I would strategize to itemized costs at lower prices. In the case of feats, they have changed. They have been adjusted. They will change, probably a bit more throughout development. Seems like that isn't the player's fault. Players PAY money for their xp already. Doesn't seem fair that they should have to pay exorbitant prices to alter changed product that they have already paid for. Seems like that might backfire a bit if priced really high.

Edit: If I were in charge and going to push such a product, I would first figure out how easy or difficult (costly) it is for me to produce, how simple I could make it, and look at how much to charge after that.

Anyway that is just my take on customer service and fair practice.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Do you think that "Bag of Holding" will be included in the Enchanting update?

That's the plan, along with adding the Ring of Protection.
Bringslite
Bob
Bringslite

Squeeeeeeeee! smile Err.. Uhm… Cool.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
Edam
Front loading XP has the downside that you have a month with no training possible. I suspect that is more likely to discourage new players than the current system.

It is also going to encourage a " play madly for one weekend a month then go afk" play style.

Which would be worse than the *I killed a bunch of stuff and now need to wait for a week to train my next stuff? Screw this I'm out* gameplay we see now?

How about front-load just the first month's worth of xp then. Being able to train lots of stuff that first month is needed to hook players into the larger game.
You are a Troll
Bob
Bringslite

Followed closely by all the Daily Deals from the Kickstarter? I have been waiting years now for my Pointed Toe Shoes…
Bob
You are a Troll
Bob
Bringslite

Followed closely by all the Daily Deals from the Kickstarter? I have been waiting years now for my Pointed Toe Shoes…

Enchanting does open the door to completing the Daily Deals, but there's a little more work involved before those will be ready for release. They are, however, high on the list of priorities post-Enchanting.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post