Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE16/Roadmap

Stilachio Thrax
You are a Troll
Edam
Front loading XP has the downside that you have a month with no training possible. I suspect that is more likely to discourage new players than the current system.

It is also going to encourage a " play madly for one weekend a month then go afk" play style.

Which would be worse than the *I killed a bunch of stuff and now need to wait for a week to train my next stuff? Screw this I'm out* gameplay we see now?

How about front-load just the first month's worth of xp then. Being able to train lots of stuff that first month is needed to hook players into the larger game.

I think this is an intriguing idea, and I do think it could help retain new players longer. However, once you start getting into t2 (and definitely into t3), you still have to wait weeks to spend XP on advancing feats. At that point, whether you get it incrementally or in a lump at the beginning of the month is irrelevant- you still have to wait, and players unwilling to wait when t1 (when you can buy multiple feats daily) aren't going to be willing to wait at higher levels (when you are lucky to be able to advance more than one feat every two weeks).
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Suave
Bringslite
Meh! If you do not open your mind to suggesting better ways for Paizo to generate income, this game will not get anywhere populated within a reasonable span of time.

We are here generating pros and cons of ideas while giving predictions of the results of those, positive or negative. All the while we don't really have a clue how Paizo would implement them. Neither side has data to back up our gut feelings about long term results.

Like anything, if done wrong, it will cause problems. If done right it adds options and playability to a game.

I see some persons suggesting things to try and make the game better, more lucrative so there can be improvements made, and so there might be players that stick around more than a few months when trying it out. I see others who seem to be so afraid of changing the "status quo" that they are unwilling to recognize that change (especially cash generation) is needed.

At least I think that Paizo can take ideas and work them through on their own as I don't have the will to rebut every argument and stay sane. smile

I agree with everything stated here and still believe "respec" at any price for players at any level is a bad idea. Straight up Golden Rule, "(S)he who has the Gold, Rules."

Sure, we've all my xp choices that we regret, or turn out to be bad ideas after game revisions. None of those mistakes have made me want to rage quit. Tomorrow I will have another 2400 xp to make new choices.

This is a game I can set three and four month goals, plan for the next week and figure out want I want to do for the next couple hours. Those are the attributes of the most addictive kinds of gaming. We'll get the new players when the game is finished and Paizo starts Marketing in earnest.
Bringslite
Time to move on from "respecs". Paizo has heard a ton of pros and cons about it now. Let's leave it to them.

Assuming Enchantment isn't EE16 but rather EE15.x, I would like to see PVP get a seriously close review and improvement. The PVP features also really need some lov and adjustment. Effectively PVP is pretty dead. Why is that?

Ideas? Like better looting mechanics? Cheaper feuding?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite
Time to move on from "respecs". Paizo has heard a ton of pros and cons about it now. Let's leave it to them.

Assuming Enchantment isn't EE16 but rather EE15.x, I would like to see PVP get a seriously close review and improvement. The PVP features also really need some lov and adjustment. Effectively PVP is pretty dead. Why is that?

The combat system is clunky, and high level equipment is too expensive and difficult to acquire to risk permanent loss from one night of fighting. In general this community isn't filled with the toxic PVP jerks that infest most games, so that is a positive, but the system itself hamstrings any real chance of PVP being a regular thing.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bringslite
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite

The combat system is clunky, and high level equipment is too expensive and difficult to acquire to risk permanent loss from one night of fighting. In general this community isn't filled with the toxic PVP jerks that infest most games, so that is a positive, but the system itself hamstrings any real chance of PVP being a regular thing.
Agree with the gear situation and the community. I would like to at least see crafting time reduced on T3 gear. It shouldn't take less time to craft a building than it does to craft a suit of armor, component parts notwithstanding.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
If I recall T2 gear is SUPPOSE to be the PVP gear of choice since it is; cheap, easy to make, and still powerful.
Bringslite
Azure_Zero
If I recall T2 gear is SUPPOSE to be the PVP gear of choice since it is; cheap, easy to make, and still powerful.
I have a hard time believing that some of those who can afford it will forgo T3 and fight in T2. That isn't human behavior in competition. Would need some sort of huge complicated rule system.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Assuming Enchantment isn't EE16 but rather EE15.x…

Numbers are just numbers, but we're treating Enchanting as EE16, both because of the amount of time involved and the overall impact on the game. We're currently thinking it'll be ready around the end of October, but we're still in early days on implementing it. That said, on a local build I can give myself an enchanted item, and the simpler ones do in fact give me the appropriate stat bonuses when equipped.
Bob
Bringslite
Azure_Zero
I have a hard time believing that some of those who can afford it will forgo T3 and fight in T2. That isn't human behavior in competition. Would need some sort of huge complicated rule system.

T3 is supposed to be rare enough that it would be very difficult to keep in stock during a long-term PvP struggle, while T2 is affordable enough to keep in stock for even the longest war. Also, there are supposed to be limits to what you can wear, or at least safely wear, once things like threading and enchantment limits come in. As a result, often the best choice will be to limit how much T3 stuff you're wearing.
Bringslite
Bob
Bringslite
Azure_Zero

T3 is supposed to be rare enough that it would be very difficult to keep in stock during a long-term PvP struggle, while T2 is affordable enough to keep in stock for even the longest war. Also, there are supposed to be limits to what you can wear, or at least safely wear, once things like threading and enchantment limits come in. As a result, often the best choice will be to limit how much T3 stuff you're wearing.

I can see that becoming the usual if there were some PVP. We need to figure out why there isn't much PVP at all. It may be that there aren't many PVP enthusiasts currently here or that PVP isn't attractive, whatever type gear is risked. The game clearly has a PVP bent and yet they (PVP enthusiasts) are not here.

Find the ailment. There is a combination of reasons and an untapped market of player types missing from this game. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post