Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

EE16/Roadmap

Bringslite
Interesting question that I have seen before but not seen (as game mechanics are now) a satisfactory answer to. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
BlackMoria
Also, PvP tends to go nuclear far too often. That hasn't changed since the Forever War. What has changed is it isn't going to be the 24/7 affair was before. Kill the wrong person and next thing it is full out settlement on settlement warfare and the looming shadow of another Forever War in a watered down format. Far too risky. There is no signs on characters which say "I will not take it personal" or "Me and my settlement are coming for you and we are going burn your settlement to the ground if you attack me." Why would I take the chance?
BlackMoria
Hey, Brings, what is not to like. Seeing your opponent explode in a confetti shower of coins, recipes and possible Aeon Stones. For that I would turn bandit hunter. Hell, I would even consider taking a crack at Xyzzy to see what gooey goodness is in that Kinder Surprise egg if I managed to crack it open. Better be a good Aeon Stone.

Who am I kidding. That is not going to happen and I most likely am a terrible PvPer anyhow. But I can dream of what sort of prizes is in a Xyzzy pinata. smile
Gross
BlackMoria
Hey, Brings, what is not to like. Seeing your opponent explode in a confetti shower of coins, recipes and possible Aeon Stones. For that I would turn bandit hunter. Hell, I would even consider taking a crack at Xyzzy to see what gooey goodness is in that Kinder Surprise egg if I managed to crack it open. Better be a good Aeon Stone.

Who am I kidding. That is not going to happen and I most likely am a terrible PvPer anyhow. But I can dream of what sort of prizes is in a Xyzzy pinata. smile

Hmm Xyzzy piƱata… have some sort of loot drop based on the player kill rating of the bandit and what is in the bandits personal vault (acting as a notional ransom) would possibly encourage me to have some other reaction than turn / run / haste token / speed buff / only pause to lob a greater holy light to try and lower their attack chance at them as I go if I see a stranger in the wilderness - but that flight response was ingrained in me gathering in ZKM while in stealth avoiding Xelias and later taking AL escalations so probably not, especially as I have seen the evidence to prove I am a crap solo PVPer.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
harneloot
I DO think I explode upon death and I almost always carry something on me (even if just extra arrows) but I would totally be down for the idea that bandits must carry some kind of *magical gold coin token* or whatever fluff you want to attach to it to attack people with no feud on. That is actually a great idea!

The forever war was (hopefully) an aberration. I never understood the need, desire, anger or whatever it was that made one group of people want to mercilessly hunt down and destroy at any cost another player…and even follow that player into other games to continue that persecution. Never made sense to me and I don't think it made the game better in any sense of the word. That said, I only *know* two Golgothans (Tuffon & Reefer) and I like them both very much and think they are both a great asset to the game and one of them I really enjoy regularly playing with. They probably have a different viewpoint on the whole matter, which is likely equally as valid as mine.

However, I DO think the threat of possible PvP makes the game more fun and interesting. When you are out and about gathering or muling or killing off an escalation and there is a slim chance that someone might be lurking about in the shadows, doesn't that heighten the enjoyment of the game? If there is never any threat or risk aside from the mobs that we all easily kill at this point, then what is the real point of all of us playing this game?

Cheers!

ps- I DO slot a pretty nice Aeon Stone, so if/when threading comes in I would need to make a real meaningful choice about whether to protect that or my armor….smile
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Bringslite
harneloot
I DO think I explode upon death and I almost always carry something on me (even if just extra arrows) but I would totally be down for the idea that bandits must carry some kind of *magical gold coin token* or whatever fluff you want to attach to it to attack people with no feud on. That is actually a great idea!
It is an interesting concept. A gold coin is nothing to us but a serious goal for a new player to achieve. Maybe the first "coin" should be on the tax treasury of The Bandit Faction. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Stilachio Thrax
BlackMoria

Based on the last 9 months or so, I believe Aeon stones are a myth, and while Xyzzy may explode like a pinata, given all the time he spent in the swamp, I'm not sure I'd want to see the result.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Azure_Zero
BlackMoria
….

Should we Crowd Forge the creation of a Xyzzy pinata that drops as a reward for PVP, and it gives something random?
Bringslite
@ Bob

Since Enchanting IS actually coming along as EE16, is there anything substantial/new that you are willing to share with us about the system yet? BoH/RoP stats, recipes? Other recipe examples. System details, anything yet or is it too soon?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Azure_Zero
BlackMoria
….

Should we Crowd Forge the creation of a Xyzzy pinata that drops as a reward for PVP, and it gives something random?
Yes! Ah, well that is if ole Xyzzy wouldn't mind getting a seat (all immortal like) in the game's lore. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post