Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Disappointed new player

Pinpric
I started playing 2 days ago. There are many aspects of the game that i have questions about. I am getting very bored already, playing an MMO by myself. I have spent hours upon hours pouring through the forums and wiki trying to find my answers with no luck. Actually more than a few of the links are dead ends, really getting old seeing 404 page not found.
I have been asking for help on the in game help all day while reading on my side screen with 0 answers. I am not sure if i am the only player on the game or if no one can be bothered to spend time chatting with a noob. I understand the game isn't live and has a long long long long way to go, but i'm utterly baffled that after almost 5 years of work i cant even find basic information like the description of a hold out weapon or its function. 2 days of beating things with a club and i still cant afford a single thing on the auction house, can't find enough materials to make my own weapon, cant find where to get lvl 2 armor feat, or what a maneuver:Black Market Request does. At this point i really regret my time here. If the game wants to grow in any way someone really needs to build a new tutorial guide that is slightly more up to date, or have a little better direction on how to get rolling beyond what would be the first 30 min of play in any other game. I had an issue with my first character doing the finding your path quest being stuck, i submitted an in game ticket and eventually had to give up and create a new character because there was no devs. All in all i feel as if i wasted my money and my time to show up here, i wish i would have spent it on another game where if i had issues i would have actually gotten help, hell or even the courtesy of having someone at least say sorry your boned or i don't know either, just some response. If i'm paying a subscription i expect a response, if i was playing for free sure ignore me, but it wasn't free.
Kenton Stone
Sorry to hear about your struggles getting into the game, most players are US time so are on in the evenings, I am surprised that a Carpe person was not around to assist.

You are always welcome on the public Discord server the link is in your launcher and provided below.
Discord
Aragon Alliance is where my group hangs out guest is always open for someone to come down an talk. We always monitor the text channels for new player questions or request for assistance.

For looking up what things do try the Goblinary.
Goblinary

The Aragon group would be happy to get you setup and answer any questions you have.
We have social tools coming in the next patch, hopefully they will help with some of the finding people to run around with issues.

If you are looking for gathering resources try the Pfostorehouse.
Storehouse

Kenton Stone
Bringslite
@Pinpric There was a time that this would not happen to you. There was almost always someone on that was happy to help you out. If you are actually using the "Help" channel" from the chat interface… don't. Use the "General Channel" No one watches the help Channel because it is infrequently used and does not get watched.

On the upper left corner of your screen there is a House Icon. Use it and from it's list use "Send Ticket" to contact Devs for things like being stuck on a quest, etc… They do watch that and will help you.

I agree that the front end new player experience is really really underdeveloped. Your comments pointing that out are helpful.

Remember: Use the General chat Channel.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
@Bob Can't you tie the Help Channel into the General Chat Channel?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Hi Pinpric,

My apologies for not getting back to you more quickly. Judging by the timestamp on your post here, you may not have received the email I sent you in response to your in-game support ticket (assuming I'm doing my time-based math properly). Unfortunately, email can be a bit fickle and it's hard for me to know for sure whether my messages are received or blocked somewhere along the way (email can be very fickle). Admittedly, the response still wasn't sent as quickly as would have been ideal, which is sadly often the case as I try to balance between production work and customer support.

We haven't done a great job of setting expectations for new players on several fronts, and particularly on how quickly you all can expect to hear back from us on support issues. That's something high on our list for those vague "polish" items on the roadmap, but it's getting pretty clear that we need to tackle it soon.

In terms of providing better educational information in-game and elsewhere, that's something we've been working on over time, and I completely understand that new players would expect us to be further along after the amount of time we've been in development. Unfortunately, we had to cut down to a very small development team (myself and Cole) while we were in the middle of multiple features. As a result, the last couple years have been a balancing act of trying to improve the experience for new players while also working through a list of essential unfinished features and high-priority bugs. Again though, that's something we need to do a better job of setting expectations, since that's not necessarily obvious to new players. All of that is something I'm looking to move higher on the priority list.

I'm also sorry to hear that several of the links you ran into were obsolete. It's always tricky for us to make sure that links remain up-to-date, and that's especially true for links in forum posts. However, if anyone points out specific problems, I'll be happy to edit/remove/caveat those links, as appropriate. Fortunately, that kind of thing is easy to fix when pointed out.
Bob
Bringslite

Not without a new build, but I'm sure we could do something. I'll add a bug report to look into better ways to deal with the Help Channel, or possibly to remove it for the time-being. This is clearly another area where the intuitive expectation is that posting in a Help Channel is likely to get an instant response, so if we're going to have that channel then we need to give everyone a better idea what to expect when posting there.
Bringslite
Bob
Bringslite

Not without a new build, but I'm sure we could do something. I'll add a bug report to look into better ways to deal with the Help Channel, or possibly to remove it for the time-being. This is clearly another area where the intuitive expectation is that posting in a Help Channel is likely to get an instant response, so if we're going to have that channel then we need to give everyone a better idea what to expect when posting there.

I agree that turning it off/removing might be the best answer. At least for the nonce. Lessen the options for confusion. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Currently most players do not even see stuff typed in the help channel. You have to intentionally go into the help channel when you first login or anything typed in there remains invisible to you for that session.

Which of course is a great idea if you have a few thousand players in game - restrict the channel to people asking for help and people monitoring it for questions and/or looking for recruits. However at the present time the feature is detrimental.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post