Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Bob
NightmareSr
I think someone complained about the Moloch's being stingy with the enchanted drops, and I probably didn't pay close attention. However now that I have done a lot of escalations over the holidays and since, it does seem like the Molochs drop far less enchanted salvage than other escalations. All the escalations have a range to them but I am wondering if their is a bit of a bug with the Moloch's salvage?

Some escalations are stingier than others, and Molochs are on the low end, though they aren't actually the stingiest ones. The chances for each escalation to include enchanting salvage in their loot are intended to provide some balance between the demand for their particular salvage items, the likelihood of running into one of those escalations, and the overall difficulty of the escalation. The Molochs just happen to get the short end of the stick on that calculation, but at least they're pretty easy to find when you do want some of their salvage items.

NightmareSr
Also if an escalation is worked by one player or by a party is there a difference in the loot drops? Just curious if it is more beneficial to work alone vs with a party vs a full party.

There's not as much of an advantage to partying up as there is for event loot, where every party member gets a full drop, but each party member does add 5% to the total amount likely to drop for the party as a whole, which is true for all the standard loot drops. Of course, that loot gets divvied up, so the real question is how much faster you're killing the same total value of enemies in a party vs as an individual. If you kill 1 average Moloch per minute by yourself, and 3 or more average Molochs per minute in a party of 3, then your personal earnings during 30 minutes of play should be better in the party of 3. Likewise, if the best you can tackle on your own is killing 1 average ogre per minute, but 3 of you can kill 1 or more average dark elves per minute, then you're personal earnings will be similarly better in the group focusing on duergar.

However, if you're fighting goblins, and you have an AoE attack with which you can pretty much take out every large goblin encounter in 1-2 attacks, then partnering up and still taking on goblins probably won't speed your kills up enough to balance out the sharing aspect, at least on a personal level. Overall, your party of 3 will likely get more total loot than an individual would during the same period of time, between the 10% bonus (2 x 5%)and some small speedup in kills, but each party member would probably personally get less loot than they would on their own in the same period of time. And if partying up actually slows you down, like if it makes it harder to apply your AoE attacks because the mobs get all spread out, then the party would probably wind up worse off overall.

Ultimately, it's all about figuring out where the sweet spot is for your specific party. If your party feels like overkill for the enemies you're tackling, then you could benefit from splitting up or finding a tougher escalation. If your party has to retreat regularly or spends a lot of time looking for encounters it can handle, then more party members would probably pay off, as would finding a slightly easier escalation.
NightmareSr
Thanks Bob that sheds a lot of light on it all.
So just to infer from your statement of "the likelihood of running into one of those escalations," does that mean that the escalations with a Home hex have a lower droprate for salvage?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
So just to infer from your statement of "the likelihood of running into one of those escalations," does that mean that the escalations with a Home hex have a lower droprate for salvage?

Having a home hex does reduce the drop rate for enchanting salvage. It's not the only factor, so there are some escalations without home hexes that have lower drop rates than some escalations with home hexes, but overall it's fair to say that the escalations with home hexes tend to be on the lower end for drop rates.
harneloot
Hey Bob, since we are talking about loot drop rates, could you comment briefly on the magnitude of the effect of Knowledge skills on loot drops? I know it has been discussed before, but I have never really been able to grok if it is worth putting xp into those skills, say, instead of a combat skill that would let me kill the mobs faster for instance. If you get a 5% loot bonus per party member, then what is the loot drop bonus for the relevant knowledge skill per rank purchased? Alos, I assume it affects enchanting salvage drops too as they are now part of the normal loot table for that mob type? Thanks!
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Bob
harneloot
Hey Bob, since we are talking about loot drop rates, could you comment briefly on the magnitude of the effect of Knowledge skills on loot drops? I know it has been discussed before, but I have never really been able to grok if it is worth putting xp into those skills, say, instead of a combat skill that would let me kill the mobs faster for instance. If you get a 5% loot bonus per party member, then what is the loot drop bonus for the relevant knowledge skill per rank purchased? Alos, I assume it affects enchanting salvage drops too as they are now part of the normal loot table for that mob type? Thanks!

The loot bonus from knowledge skills is pretty signficant. Your bonus is basically RelevantKnowledgeSkill/600, so as your skill rises from 0-300, your bonus goes from 0-150%. Just taking into consideration standard loot drops (not event drops or achievements or influence or …smile, raising the right knowledge skill from 0 to 200 will double your loot, meaning that's worth the same as doubling your killing speed. Since each rank raises the knowledge skill by 10, each rank adds 5% to the total bonus, and is thus comparable to anything that increases your "killing speed bonus" by another 5%.

And yes, that bonus applies to the enchanting salvage drops as well. There is one slight trick though. The standard part of the loot drops you get from a specific mob use the knowledge skill related to that mob. The enchanting salvage part is attached to the escalation, and therefore uses the knowledge skill most closely associated with the escalation as a whole.
harneloot
Well, that is much more significant than I thought. Thanks for the quick and informative reply!

(Now where was that +5 library and how much extra do they charge out-of-towners?) smile
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
malmuerta
harneloot
Well, that is much more significant than I thought. Thanks for the quick and informative reply!

(Now where was that +5 library and how much extra do they charge out-of-towners?) smile
No taxes at Oak Knoll for Locals, Allies nor anyone else!
Edam
According to the Wiki:

Dark Shielding armor keywords: Alkaline, Death-Warded
Dark Shielding resistance bonuses: Acid and Sonic (should be negative?)

Contingency Protection armor keywords: Alkaline, Dampened
Contingency Protection resistance bonuses: Acid and Negative (should be sonic?)
Bob
Edam
According to the Wiki:

Dark Shielding armor keywords: Alkaline, Death-Warded
Dark Shielding resistance bonuses: Acid and Sonic (should be negative?)

Contingency Protection armor keywords: Alkaline, Dampened
Contingency Protection resistance bonuses: Acid and Negative (should be sonic?)

Good catch, I'll get those fixed.
Smitty
Ok

So i made a +3 Keen Avenger Dagger -
It states it provides +41 critical bonus and keyword keen.

My star slinger Attack is rank 6 - and has the Keen keyword..
But the dagger it self doesnt have the keen keyword on it - and the star slinger attack's keen keyword is not highlighted either.
Does this mean it isnt working? or the word wasnt added ?
Will send email to support as well - but figured i would ask here - first.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post