Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Bob
Smitty
Ok

So i made a +3 Keen Avenger Dagger -
It states it provides +41 critical bonus and keyword keen.

My star slinger Attack is rank 6 - and has the Keen keyword..
But the dagger it self doesnt have the keen keyword on it - and the star slinger attack's keen keyword is not highlighted either.
Does this mean it isnt working? or the word wasnt added ?
Will send email to support as well - but figured i would ask here - first.

Yeah, the weapon keywords aren't working properly. We're just about finished with an update that will fix that and a few other issues.
malmuerta
A Question about additive factors in Enchanting:
If I have on both Deliquescent Leather Gauntlets and Thundering Sanctified Steel Longsword I would get both the added Acid bonus damage and the Sonic bonus damage. If both were at +3 it would be 9 Acid and 20 Sonic.
However, if I am wearing the Deliquescent Leather Gauntlets +3 and have a Corrosive Sanctified Steel Longsword +3 would I get 9 Acid bonus damage and 20 Acid bonus damage for 29 Acid bonus damage, or just the 20 Acid bonus damage?
NightmareSr
malmuerta
If I have on both Deliquescent Leather Gauntlets and Thundering Sanctified Steel Longsword I would get both the added Acid bonus damage and the Sonic bonus damage. If both were at +3 it would be 9 Acid and 20 Sonic.
However, if I am wearing the Deliquescent Leather Gauntlets +3 and have a Corrosive Sanctified Steel Longsword +3 would I get 9 Acid bonus damage and 20 Acid bonus damage for 29 Acid bonus damage, or just the 20 Acid bonus damage?
I think it was stated at some point that only Encumbrance items would stack, so I think it would just be 20 acid not the 29 acid.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
malmuerta
I think it was stated at some point that only Encumbrance items would stack, so I think it would just be 20 acid not the 29 acid.

That is generally true, but an exception is made for most (if not all) of the Attack Effects. That's partially a technical issue, because each Attack Effect is checked individually while the attack results are calculated, so it's more complicated to track stacking on those effects. It's also partially because Attack Effects tend to feel like the item in question is actually doing something as part of the attack, so if both the gloves and the weapon add some acid into the mix, each of them manages to add some damage.

That said, I haven't tested each Attack Effect to verify whether or not it would allow stacking, so no guarantees. But based on a quick glance at the code, we're pretty sure the acid damage will stack in this case.
malmuerta
Bob
NightmareSr
malmuerta
If I have on both Deliquescent Leather Gauntlets and Thundering Sanctified Steel Longsword I would get both the added Acid bonus damage and the Sonic bonus damage. …
That said, I haven't tested each Attack Effect to verify whether or not it would allow stacking, so no guarantees. But based on a quick glance at the code, we're pretty sure the acid damage will stack in this case.

This is what I was hoping for! I will let you know after my Spellcrafter wraps up.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post