Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Edam
Make tokens an ingredient, its about time we had a use for the ones that just build up forever.

Also, with a whole new crafting strand, is it time to bring up the elephant in the room - multiple craft queues.

We are getting to the stupid point where people are training their THIRD craft to level 20 on dedicated crafters and can still only use one craft at a time… and I am talking here players with 5 or 10 account so no they do need to train all 10 or 20 crafters as combat/gathering alts. There are already people unsubbing craft accounts till they need them as accumulating more XP is pointless whereas if there where a way to run multiple queues they likely would keep them subbed to learn a third or even fourth craft skill.
Bringslite
What if crafting queues were 1 per building rather than one per character?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
Bringslite
What if crafting queues were 1 per building rather than one per character?

While I like the Idea, it'll lead to problems if not done right,
it should be limited and be a feature that should be bought with XP and be expensive to buy for EACH craft/refine or just to allow for Dual queueing.
Bob
Multiple queues is a pretty substantial undertaking, and I don't think we'll be touching anything while implementing enchanting where we may as well do some work on multiple queues at the same time. As such, it probably falls more in the "what comes after Enchanting" category that we're working on, so we'll think about while we're having those discussions, and you can certainly bring it back up when we open that discussion up for feedback.

Using tokens in enchanting recipes is definitely possible, but I do ultimately prefer to make them easier to use so that they can fulfill their original design goals. On the other hand, it's possible that an alternative use wouldn't undermine those goals. I'll have to think about that a bit.
Bringslite
Bob
Multiple queues is a pretty substantial undertaking, and I don't think we'll be touching anything while implementing enchanting where we may as well do some work on multiple queues at the same time. As such, it probably falls more in the "what comes after Enchanting" category that we're working on, so we'll think about while we're having those discussions, and you can certainly bring it back up when we open that discussion up for feedback.

Using tokens in enchanting recipes is definitely possible, but I do ultimately prefer to make them easier to use so that they can fulfill their original design goals. On the other hand, it's possible that an alternative use wouldn't undermine those goals. I'll have to think about that a bit.
This please! They drop so much faster than they can be used that they are little more than a nuisance as they are.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
Bringslite
Bob

This please! They drop so much faster than they can be used that they are little more than a nuisance as they are.

Agreed, every settlement has crap tons of the tokens and no one is using them.
Tokens need a use in the game other then taking up space in the vaults and loot tables.
You are a Troll
They had an original design goal? I thought someone said "way back when" that they were just *filler* until different/better loot and/or loot tables could be devised?
Edam
You are a Troll
They had an original design goal? I thought someone said "way back when" that they were just *filler* until different/better loot and/or loot tables could be devised?

The opposite actually. The early team thought people would jump at the chance of free buffs and chew through tokens.

Maybe we would have if you had more slots for different types and you could stack more in the doll or the original plan of them automatically topping up from inventory like ammo does actually worked. In reality the lesser tokens are too annoying to use for the benefit they give in most cases and the slots are best reserved for something more powerful.
Maxen
Once upon a time, I remember a developer saying (maybe Bob) that they had envisioned tokens to act like Inspirations from City of Heroes. It was a short term buff or heal that could be executed multiple times in combat. Your character level determined how many slots you had available for use. I agree, that giving players more variety and the ability to used them multiple times in combat would make them more useful. As it stands, almost every one of my characters has resistance and healing tokens slotted. I would love to slot more offensive buffs, but there just aren't enough slots available.
Bringslite
Since it is mostly T1 tokens that are bothersome (not discounting an active player's T2 hoard), maybe the earlier new player's suggestion that there be a "trash vendor" for players is valid.

Overall "Time" is having an affect on "inflation creep" and T1 crafters so that T1 gear is becoming more costly or scarce. A player should be able to actively adventure and afford gear without having to gather and craft too.

If players could find SOME value for everything that they have to auto loot….. A simple NPC vendor could solve problems.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post