Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Bringslite
Could you rig a… potion/token harness for the last un used spot on the paper doll? like a 2nd quiver thing? Then we can't have all but would have to choose between 2 quivers or a quiver and a bandolier or 2 bandoliers.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
To use them every fight, we have to often wait to fall from attack stance, if I remember right.

The healing-related tokens all have End-of-Combat Cooldowns, but the others don't. I could take that off (certainly would be more in the "use often" spirit), but I'm hesitant to do that for feats with a significant direct heal effect on them, particularly if you can fire them off quickly. Then again, at least you'd be using something up each time. Worth considering.
Bob
Bringslite
Could you rig a… potion/token harness for the last un used spot on the paper doll? like a 2nd quiver thing? Then we can't have all but would have to choose between 2 quivers or a quiver and a bandolier or 2 bandoliers.

In theory we could implement something like a token container, similar to an ammo container. We've been toying with treating the two item slots that way, so you could load one up with a mix of potions and other crafted consumables, and the other up with a mix of tokens, and then have a way to switch the currently loaded type without having to move things around between the personal window and inventory. Would definitely take a bit of code though.

We could also treat that container as more of an option, like use this or a quiver but not both, but then we're back to players making tradeoffs. Ideally, almost everyone's firing off tokens roughly as quickly as they're getting them, rather than some people using them heavily and others not so much.

Bringslite
@ Bob
Thought of some more Enchanting questions for Ya. Apologies if these are addressed elsewhere.

1. Some of the new mats will be in limited map areas. Will there be something new for mining, scavenging, forester and dowsing?

2. Will we be able to put multiple enchants on single items with shared "Valid Enchant Groups"?

3. found this one smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Also how high a level gatherer will we need ? Will being just T3 suffice or do they need to be higher?
Bob
Bringslite
1. Some of the new mats will be in limited map areas. Will there be something new for mining, scavenging, forester and dowsing?

Yes, there'll be new mats for all gathering skills.

Bringslite
2. Will we be able to put multiple enchants on single items with shared "Valid Enchant Groups"?

Not in the initial implementation. We're considering adding that in the future, but there'd be a fair amount of work involved to make sure the enchantments don't conflict in weird ways.
Bob
Edam
Also how high a level gatherer will we need ? Will being just T3 suffice or do they need to be higher?

I hadn't really gotten to that point, but this would be a good opportunity to make higher gathering ranks matter more. It looks like I could pretty easily set all these new mats to require something like ranks of 3/10/17 to gather each tier, instead of the traditional 0/7/14. Cole also thinks it would be pretty easy for us to adjust the gathering system to require extra ranks depending on how drained each mat is, which someone suggested a while ago. Between the two, we could make every single rank matter pretty significantly. We'll give that some more thought, see if we can sneak it in while we're making some other changes to the gathering system that are necessary for Enchanting (specifically, blocking gushers for these mats).
Bringslite
Bob
Edam

I hadn't really gotten to that point, but this would be a good opportunity to make higher gathering ranks matter more. It looks like I could pretty easily set all these new mats to require something like ranks of 3/10/17 to gather each tier, instead of the traditional 0/7/14. Cole also thinks it would be pretty easy for us to adjust the gathering system to require extra ranks depending on how drained each mat is, which someone suggested a while ago. Between the two, we could make every single rank matter pretty significantly. We'll give that some more thought, see if we can sneak it in while we're making some other changes to the gathering system that are necessary for Enchanting (specifically, blocking gushers for these mats).
Would make sense and give tangible purpose for gaining those higher ranks.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Schedim
Bob
  • Attack Bonuses: Belts, Rings
  • Encumbrance Bonuses: Pouches, Packs
  • Recovery/Regeneration Bonuses: Neck, Rings
  • Resistance Bonuses: Armor, Neck, Rings
  • Profession/Knowledge Bonuses: Hats or Circlets(some use one, some use the other, none use both), Rings
  • Stealth Bonuses: Hats, Cloaks, Rings
  • Damage Bonuses: Weapons
  • Critical Resistance or Hit Point Bonuses: Helms, Rings
  • Defense Bonuses: Helms, Rings, Cloaks

I've simplified things there a bit, but that should give you an overall idea of how the enchantments are spread across different items.

I hope the "simplified things there a bit" is not just a little bit or that the scopes are going to widen a bit in the future as I think to restrictive systems are a bit booring. Of course some restrictions are good for immersion and theme … but not too much!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
You are a Troll
Bob
Edam

Very glad to hear this.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post