Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Bob
Schedim
I hope the "simplified things there a bit" is not just a little bit or that the scopes are going to widen a bit in the future as I think to restrictive systems are a bit booring. Of course some restrictions are good for immersion and theme … but not too much!

They're pretty restricted at the moment, and in many cases I was simplifying out even tighter restrictions. For example, many of the weapon enchantments are restricted to particular types of weapons. In some cases that's for immersion and theme, in others it's because those enchantments don't balance well with feats/attacks already available for other weapons.

Often, the restrictions are there to keep a character from equipping too many similar enchantments. For example, with resistance bonuses only allowed on armor (1), neck (1) and rings (2), it's only possible to have 4 such enchantments, and there are no combinations available that will cover every type of energy resistance.

That said, I've already opened this up a bit in at least one case, and will likely do so again, particularly where it makes sense to bring more Pathfinder content into the game. Specifically, I needed to add some enchantments for gloves and boots. The new Deliquescent enchantment (for gloves) will add Acid Bonus Damage when doing Physical Damage with One-Handed/Two-Handed Melee weapons, making it pretty similar to some weapon enchantments. However, since of its advantages is that it lets you get around that restriction, I'm trying to balance that out by having it do a bit less damage than the general weapon enchantments, and ideally to be just slightly lower-powered on average than the other glove enchantments. That's the kind of thing I'd look at doing any time an enchantment gets opened up for an alternative type of gear. In some cases it probably won't be necessary, in others it will be essential.
Schedim
Bob
That said, I've already opened this up a bit in at least one case, and will likely do so again, particularly where it makes sense to bring more Pathfinder content into the game. Specifically, I needed to add some enchantments for gloves and boots. The new Deliquescent enchantment (for gloves) will add Acid Bonus Damage when doing Physical Damage with One-Handed/Two-Handed Melee weapons, making it pretty similar to some weapon enchantments. However, since of its advantages is that it lets you get around that restriction, I'm trying to balance that out by having it do a bit less damage than the general weapon enchantments, and ideally to be just slightly lower-powered on average than the other glove enchantments. That's the kind of thing I'd look at doing any time an enchantment gets opened up for an alternative type of gear. In some cases it probably won't be necessary, in others it will be essential.

Oh, yes that is a complicated matrix to balance I figure. my interest run perhaps not so much in the Weapon/Armour department as much as in the utility magic and magical trinket area. I was thinking the line of Something Gloves of Dowsing, Boots of Speed, Belt of Smithing, Floppy Hat of Mining, , Sandals of Sneaking, Sock Cap of Perception etc etc. Charming little things that perhaps will not really be economically feasible or revolutionary in any way.
Magical trinkets for a pedlar of stuff and gee-gaw.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
You are a Troll
Also, please think about how the overlapping keyword issue works with wearable. Some higher level wearables are useless because lower level gear (of the same slot) gives the same keyword.
Schedim
You are a Troll
Also, please think about how the overlapping keyword issue works with wearable. Some higher level wearables are useless because lower level gear (of the same slot) gives the same keyword.

Yep, i have always hoped for higher level of gear would get two or three keywords (but with a widening of the number of keywords in the utility side).
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Bob
You are a Troll

Enchanting will actually help with this, in that the higher-level gear can get higher-level enchantments than the lower-level gear. Wherever there isn't duplication, you don't have as many options to get the keywords you want with the best possible enchantments.
Edam
Schedim
Floppy Hat of Mining

I would buy a floppy hat of mining, especially if it came with a beach towel of power recovery.
You are a Troll
I'd settle for armor that didn't look like a question mark.
Schedim
There is some graphics that would need some work (ehem) but I think that goes a bit beyond the current enchantment context…
Schedim
<jumping up and down like a very excited Goblin> Any news of this, any news of this anynewsaboutthis??????

No pressure, but I need to vent some excitement before I bursts in the seams. Is the release on schedule? Some new breadcrumb to be had?
Bob
We're a little behind schedule, but only a bit for such a huge feature. Cole is mostly done with the known code additions and starting to deal with a few things we discovered along the way (like some changes we need to get the Auction House to handle enchanted items properly). I'm making good progress on the spreadsheets, but definitely underestimated how many tiny details go into creating new items and recipes. Multiply those underestimates by the huge number of new items/recipes/enchantments and things quickly get overwhelming. Still, I'm hoping to get that finished up in about 1 more week. After that it's all testing. There's a lot of new content, but most of it falls into large groups that can be tested fairly quickly by spot-checking, so we're hoping not to spend too much time in that stage before deploying the build.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post