Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Lisa Stevens
Schedim
if you get a gusher in an escalation hex, to the mobs attacking that one count as a part of the escalation for the purpose of Enchanting Salvage related droppings?

Reefer was running a gusher in a hex with Ripping Chains and he was getting salvage drops. I did the same thing the other day running a Silk gusher in a hex with Float Any River. So, I would say yes. There is a caveat. Most the top end escalations (T2/T3) have a phase when the strength reaches "0" where the mobs stop dropping salvage. So if you did a gusher in a hex where it was at the boss and it was one of those high end escalations, then you shouldn't get any salvage drops.

-Lisa
Edam
Random query.

Does improving a low T3 gatherers skill with an adventurer cottage buff allow enchantment gathering if it takes the effective skill over 17 ?

I am assuming NO but just checking as if it did do that I would be buying several smile
Bob
Edam
Does improving a low T3 gatherers skill with an adventurer cottage buff allow enchantment gathering if it takes the effective skill over 17 ?

Nope, we're just checking the feat's rank. Buff's like that boost skill rather than rank.
malmuerta
A question on the boot enchantment Hasting - spellcraft (13)

Hasted ([6 + (ItemPlus * 3)] Seconds) to Self if Target is Hasted, Quickened ([6 + (ItemPlus * 3)] Seconds) to Self if Target is Quickened

Who is the target in this scenario? If the wearer of the boots uses a haste token or spell, the boots increase the duration, or if you attack a foe that is hasted, or quickened (with what a kick from the boots?) you get boost?
Flari-Merchant
Question on enchanting mats: Are there an equal number of T3 mats for every type (mining, forestry, essence, scavenger)?
Bob
malmuerta

Hasted ([6 + (ItemPlus * 3)] Seconds) to Self if Target is Hasted, Quickened ([6 + (ItemPlus * 3)] Seconds) to Self if Target is Quickened

Who is the target in this scenario? If the wearer of the boots uses a haste token or spell, the boots increase the duration, or if you attack a foe that is hasted, or quickened (with what a kick from the boots?) you get boost?

It's basically a reactive for all of your attacks. So if you stab/shoot/bludgeon a target that's hasted or quickened, then you'll get hasted or quickened in turn.
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Question on enchanting mats: Are there an equal number of T3 mats for every type (mining, forestry, essence, scavenger)?

I wasn't shooting for pure equality (hard to do anyway because mining and scavenger cross over a bit), but I did try to make sure that each skill had a reasonable variety at each tier and was needed for multiple enchantment types.

We've always worked off a design/economic assumption that if skill X is at one point more profitable than skill Y, then more players would focus on X than Y, driving prices down for X's product and up for Y's product. That rebalances everything dynamically based on the actual demand for things instead of depending on our guesses at future demand. As such, we try to ensure that every item or skill has a reasonable inherent base value, then let the chips fall where they may.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Flari-Merchant

I wasn't shooting for pure equality (hard to do anyway because mining and scavenger cross over a bit), but I did try to make sure that each skill had a reasonable variety at each tier and was needed for multiple enchantment types.

We've always worked off a design/economic assumption that if skill X is at one point more profitable than skill Y, then more players would focus on X than Y, driving prices down for X's product and up for Y's product. That rebalances everything dynamically based on the actual demand for things instead of depending on our guesses at future demand. As such, we try to ensure that every item or skill has a reasonable inherent base value, then let the chips fall where they may.
I figured that they must be somewhat spreadout as I am finding wererat blood in mining nodes! :p
Was really looking which gather skill would be best to advance. smile
Bob
Flari-Merchant
I figured that they must be somewhat spreadout as I am finding wererat blood in mining nodes! :p

Got some clumsy lycanthropes in the area, always tripping and bleeding all over the rocks.

Flari-Merchant
Was really looking which gather skill would be best to advance. smile

I certainly wasn't intending to make any particular gathering skills better than others, but there's a high likelihood that some are better than others in a rough overall sense. Hopefully none of them are incredibly better than any others. However, what's best for you personally can depend on which mats are available in the hexes nearest you, on which enchantments are most useful to you and your company, or various other factors. When you have specific goals in mind and specific locations that are easier to access, you could definitely find that some choices are significantly better than others.
Smitty
Bob
malmuerta

It's basically a reactive for all of your attacks. So if you stab/shoot/bludgeon a target that's hasted or quickened, then you'll get hasted or quickened in turn.

What about buff or heal a target that is hasted ?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post