Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Manor and Hermitage Holdings

Bob
We're looking at introducing 2 "new" holdings in 15.2, the Manor and the Hermitage. The art for both of them was largely completed quite a while back, but their architecture didn't look right next to the shed we've been using for the bank vault on most holdings. In fact, neither really looked quite right with a toolbox by the door, or with a muleteer post. What they really needed was a door that offered access to multiple options, something we fortunately created for the Crafter's Studios and Adventurer's Cottages. With a little tweaking from Cole, those doors can now be used on holdings as well, so I've set both of these holdings up to use them. Other holdings might benefit from switching to these fancy doors in the future, but for now I've left all the original holdings as they are.

Both new holdings offer pretty standard holding facilities, with a trainer standing around waiting to teach new feats, refining facilities (+1 and above), colored banners (the banners are hanging on the walls), mules (+2 and above), vaults (same as a shed), and housing management (same as a toolbox). It's just that all but the trainer are available at the main door instead of on separate clickable objects. Trainers by the door do look pretty good here, where it seemed a bit odd to have them hanging out by personal player housing, so they didn't get moved to the door the way mentors did. Both holdings also have the standard guards for refining-focused holdings.

The Manor Holding offers Seneschal training and crafting facilities (seemed fitting as it's kind of like a mini-Keep), a 1 Trade Good and 1 Bulk Ore resource bonus for each upgrade, and 2 DI in each Index for each upgrade. It mostly uses Bulk Food for upkeep, followed by Trade Goods, and finally Bulk Ore, in the usual amounts. The recipe for the Manor Holding Kit is granted by default at Engineer 7 (same as other default holding recipes).

The Hermitage Holding offers Weaver training and crafting facilities, a 2 Trade Goods bonus for each upgrade, and a mix of DI for each upgrade (2 Security, 1 Civilization, 3 Morale). It mostly uses Bulk Food for upkeep, followed by Bulk Wood, and finally Bulk Stone, in the usual amounts. The recipe for the Hermitage Holding Kit drops as loot and can be learned at Engineer 9 (same as other dropped holding recipes).

Weaver may seem like an odd fit for something called a Hermitage, but I started looking into it primarily because it was the last refining skill not represented at a holding. Interestingly, some quick research revealed that weaving was a pretty common activity at nunneries and monasteries as a way of raising funds. Just think of it as each hermit having their own private room, where they meditatively weave all day and ponder the nature of reality.

Both holdings have done well in testing so far, so with a little luck they'll make it all the way through final testing and ship with EE 15.2. They are, however, a pretty isolated feature and might get pulled if they turn out to not be quite ready. That actually happened with them on EE 15.1, where they were 90% ready, but early testing pointed to some minor problems that we didn't want to push the build back for. I'm pretty confident they're ready this time, but would suggest crossing your fingers really hard if these buildings sound particularly useful to you.
Bringslite
Sweet! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
super sweet
Smitty
Can you confirm the resources the new holdings consume – was looking at the pfo wiki sheets .. see both holdings listed but the resources are not the same as this write up - So I am guessing the wiki will change when this goes live..
But want to confirm..

Wiki - Manor has it using stone , followed food, followed by wood ( so a +3 would use 22 stone, 6 food, 1 wood).
This write up says that will change to Food, followed by wood, followed by stone ( so a +3 will use 22 food, 6 wood, 1 stone
Wiki - The Glen now is being called hermitage ?
Pfo wiki has a glen with hermitage trainer - that uses trade goods, followed by food, followed by stone ( so +3 would use 22 trade, 6 food, 1 stone)
This write has it using Food, followed by wood, followed by Stone ( so +3 would use 22 food, 6 wood, 1 stone)
Kenton Stone
Bob

The Manor Holding offers Seneschal training and crafting facilities (seemed fitting as it's kind of like a mini-Keep), a 1 Trade Good and 1 Bulk Ore resource bonus for each upgrade, and 2 DI in each Index for each upgrade. It mostly uses Bulk Food for upkeep, followed by Trade Goods, and finally Bulk Ore, in the usual amounts. The recipe for the Manor Holding Kit is granted by default at Engineer 7 (same as other default holding recipes).

The Hermitage Holding offers Weaver training and crafting facilities, a 2 Trade Goods bonus for each upgrade, and a mix of DI for each upgrade (2 Security, 1 Civilization, 3 Morale). It mostly uses Bulk Food for upkeep, followed by Bulk Wood, and finally Bulk Stone, in the usual amounts. The recipe for the Hermitage Holding Kit drops as loot and can be learned at Engineer 9 (same as other dropped holding recipes).
It would seem according to this post:

The Manor Holding
+3 will use 22 Food, 6 Trade Goods, 1 Ore

The Hermitage Holding
+3 will use 22 Food, 6 Wood, 1 Stone
Bob
This is the kind of thing that happens when assets like the Manor and Hermitage stay in a not-quite-released state for such a long time. Lots of things have happened since they were originally concepted, so I adapted them a bit based on the current state of the game.

The wiki had the Manor using Stone, then Food, then Wood. Since that's identical to the Mine, I changed it to Food, then Trade Goods, then Ore, which is different from any existing holding.

The Hermitage and Glen holdings have a complicated, half-merged past. For the most part I was just treating the Hermitage as creating an entirely new holding, so I went with Food, then Wood, then Stone, which again was different from any existing holding.

I was focused on the Hermitage and Manor because they had entries already in the recipe and loot drop spreadsheets, along with existing artwork that's very different from anything seen in-game yet. What I didn't notice was that the Glen had a housing spreadsheet entry even though it's not actually in the game, and that tricked me into thinking that Sage was already represented at a holding. Noticing that, I checked and there's actually already some art set up for Glen holdings, though it just re-uses art from other parts of the game. Still, it won't be too hard to add that in, so I'll look at it for the next update. I'll probably also change up its bulk upkeep requirements, since the current Trade Goods, then Food, then Stone is identical to the Sanctum. Fortunately, there are plenty of unique orderings left to choose something appropriate from.
Edam
The obvious upgrade for a Glen would be stone, or perhaps stone and wood split, as there is currently only one holding bumping stone production and one and a half doing wood.

Ironically the least represented primary resource is also stone, but having a primary resource requirement of Stone and also Stone as the holding bonus at the same time does not necessarily make a lot of sense. Though the Hunting Lodge actually does do that with wood, one of its split bonus components.

Something like Trade/Food/Ore with a Stone Bonus (or split stone/wood bonus) might work.
Suave
Not sure the following is working as intended:
Bob
We're looking at introducing 2 "new" holdings in 15.2, the Manor and the Hermitage…

My +5 Manors at Hexes (-18,13) & (-19,13) are producing 12 Trade goods instead of 6 Trade Goods & 6 Ore. It will ease holding management if they were producing as advertised as that is how I planned the Outposts supporting each Holdings,
Bob
Suave
My +5 Manors at Hexes (-18,13) & (-19,13) are producing 12 Trade goods instead of 6 Trade Goods & 6 Ore. It will ease holding management if they were producing as advertised as that is how I planned the Outposts supporting each Holdings,

I can't look at your Holding Management window to see what it's telling you about bonus resources until we get the bug fixed blocking everyone but the character that placed the Manor from viewing it (normally I'd just temporarily make myself a company leader to see that), but looking at your outposts, you should be getting 6 extra trade goods per day, but no extra ore. That's because one of the requirements for getting each bonus bulk resource from the holding is that your outposts produce at least one of that specific resource that day, and neither of your outposts produces ore.
Suave
Looks like this is working as designed then, thanks for the answer Bob!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post