Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Zog Buddies

Bob
For those interested in trying out Friends Lists on Zog, send a friend request to my current main test character (Test Ten A). Alternatively, post the name/s of your Zog character/s here, or email them to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com, and I'll send the friend request/s.

Of course, this is the test server, so prepare to be brutally unfriended or declined. Nothing personal, just the price of testing. smile
Maxen
Handsome Fighter 19/Rogue 2/Wizard 2. Likes to listen and cuddle. Enjoys long walks on the beach. Looking for a friend on Zog. Interested parties should send friend inquiry to Fritz.
Bob
Friend request from Fritz to Test Ten A accepted, so you should get an alert that you have a new friend next time you log in, with the choices of View or Dismiss. I then exported Test Ten A's friend list and imported it to Test Ten B, which resulted in a friend request going from Test Ten B to Fritz. That means you should also get an alert that you have a new admirer, with the choices of View or Dismiss.

Edited: Forgot that for now all alerts when new friend requests come in while offline will just have View or Dismiss as options. Filed a bug to say that if there's only one, the choices should be Accept/Decline, but should stay View/Dismiss for multiple requests because you may want to decline some and accept others.
Maxen
Thanks Bob. I’ll check that this evening and report the results. Anyone else on Zog want to be Fritz’s friend?
Bob
Edited my previous post. Forgot that for now all alerts when new friend requests come in while offline will just have View or Dismiss as options. Filed a bug to say that if there's only one, the choices should be Accept/Decline, but should stay View/Dismiss for multiple requests because you may want to decline some and accept others.
Maxen
So I accepted Test Ten B's request. Then I exported my file and added my own name. Upon import, I was informed that I "Can only 'Friend' other players." I then deleted my character name and added Spider since I know she exists on the Zog. I imported again and received the message that "I admire Spider". Tried to Whisper Test Ten B, but it said not online. Tried to invite Test Ten B and the invite timed out. I then unfriended Test Ten B. Everything functioned as expected. What is the circle to the right of the name? Will that light up if the character is online?
Bob
Maxen
So I accepted Test Ten B's request. Then I exported my file and added my own name. Upon import, I was informed that I "Can only 'Friend' other players." I then deleted my character name and added Spider since I know she exists on the Zog. I imported again and received the message that "I admire Spider". Tried to Whisper Test Ten B, but it said not online. Tried to invite Test Ten B and the invite timed out. I then unfriended Test Ten B. Everything functioned as expected. What is the circle to the right of the name? Will that light up if the character is online?

Perfect, good to hear everything performed as expected. And yes, that circle will light up if the character is online. If you hover over it, a tooltip clarifies the circle's meaning, but we're also planning to add column headings at some point to make that clearer upfront.
Maxen
Thanks Bob. And, I thought I did hover over it and didn’t see a tool tip. I’ll have to try that again this evening.
Maxen
I must not have hovered long enough. Good to go.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post