Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

focus expert 1

kiddtaylor
i can't figure out how to acquire Focus Expert 1. i find stuff like killing monsters with focused item equipped when i google search but i can't figure out what that means.
Azure_Zero
Kill 10 Goblins, Bandits, Knights, Mercs, etc.. around ThornKeep (referred to as TK by players) with; Holy Lance, Lightning Arc, Firebolt, and or Icicle attacks from the Focus.
Maxen
Did you complete the cleric tutorial? That should set you up with the feats and attacks necessary to begin earning points towards your focus expert achievement.
Bob
Any Focus attack will do, including Basic Focus Attack and Basic Focus Exploit. The important thing is which weapon you're using (or last used that session) at the moment you (or another member of your party) strike the killing blow. If you don't have a Focus yet, there's probably one for sale at the Thornkeep Auction House, or you can pick up a Trainee's Focus from the Cleric Tutorial after doing the Movement Tutorial.

Edit: Ninja'd on the cleric tutorial smile
kiddtaylor
i've been using a long bow. not sure if i did the cleric tutorial or not (i haven't logged in for many months until today) but i am cleric level 2. server downtime is almost over so i'll have to take another look if i have any of those things. i find it all very confusing :o)
harneloot
Using the Longbow for killing things is going to give you credit toward attaining Longbow Expert 1, Longbow Expert 2 etc. Using an Axe to kill things will give you credit toward Axe Expert 1, Axe Expert 2 etc.

It is certainly complex and definitely confusing in the beginning - but it is a deep and richly interconnected system that I really enjoy.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out Goblinary.com

And don't be afraid to ask questions in General Chat - we all have no problems answering them!

Cheers!
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Bringslite
It is confusing smile Try the discord channel for help but from here I'll help as I can.

1. You can get a free trainee focus at the Cleric Tutorial
2. The tutorial is in the SW area of the exact starting hex. South most hex of the 3 Thornkeep city area hexes.
3. Read carefully! smile You have to equip the stuff for your action bar to show it as ready.
4. Kill stuff with it.
5. Post here if you get stuck. We enjoy helping.

Welcome back!

Edit: In-game Chat. Use general channel. Do not bother with Help channel as no one watches it. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
kiddtaylor
thanks. i may have to wait for awhile to check. i'm far away from thornkeep trying to find skeletons haha. i think i banked all the stuff i was carrying in one of the towns…just don't remember which one (been too long but i think it was tavernhold), and don't we have to go back to the same town to get banked items?
Bob
kiddtaylor
thanks. i may have to wait for awhile to check. i'm far away from thornkeep trying to find skeletons haha. i think i banked all the stuff i was carrying in one of the towns…just don't remember which one (been too long but i think it was tavernhold), and don't we have to go back to the same town to get banked items?

Yes, banks are local. Abadar Credits (coins are converted to this automatically at vaults and other places) do stay with you, but banked items stay in the hexes where they're deposited.
Stormygeddon
Ironically it is only confusing for gamers.

For non-gamers the concept that you need to use a dagger to become good at dagger fighting just makes sense.

As gamers we are used to the silly and rather counter-intuitive system you get in old-school traditional games where killing enough goblins with a greatsword lets you train up levels of wizard or rogue or something else totally unrelated to what you were just doing.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post