Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Cash Shop Suggestions

Edam
I think $35 might have been the price per account if you got the 5 pack "buddy" deal. They came with some other (now useless) freebies like early entry permission, name reservation and shield mate.

Not that it matters, that pricing was based on a speculative kickstarter for a game that may not at that point have even been real. It was a lottery at the time as to whether you would ever actually see a game for your money. Realistically a DT addon these days is worth more like $100 to $200 anyway.

IMPORTANT BIT: -> The real point is there is already a product out there from the kickstarter that can be sold which adds a DT to existing accounts with no extra programming needed, they can just put it on the shop pretty much as is.

The question is whether GW want to go down that path, because longterm DT's halve their potential subs. I have no opinion either way on this one.
Bringslite
Well Paizo should consider it carefully for just that reason. Especially balance the possibility against any "subscription pricing options" that they may consider moving toward. But yeah, much of the work to implement is already done.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
Letting anyone add DT to their account is a no brainer. If they are going to charge $15 per month for this game, it needs to come with TWO character slots gaining xp, period.
Maxen
You are a Troll
Letting anyone add DT to their account is a no brainer. If they are going to charge $15 per month for this game, it needs to come with TWO character slots gaining xp, period.

Frankly, if they are going to charge $15/month for a sub, all three characters should be earning XP. I will fall back on my same old argument that you still have to play the game to make the gates and you can only log in to one character (on a single account) at a time. Applying a DT perk to an account (which I’ve done thrice) and losing XP access to my third character was a difficult choice. Offering the Adventurer Pack for income is fine, but I would rather see a subscription model change that offers options to unlock character slots. My name is Dave, and I am an alt-o-holic.
NightmareSr
Maxen
You are a Troll

Frankly, if they are going to charge $15/month for a sub, all three characters should be earning XP. I will fall back on my same old argument that you still have to play the game to make the gates and you can only log in to one character (on a single account) at a time. Applying a DT perk to an account (which I’ve done thrice) and losing XP access to my third character was a difficult choice. Offering the Adventurer Pack for income is fine, but I would rather see a subscription model change that offers options to unlock character slots. My name is Dave, and I am an alt-o-holic.
Seems like a great idea to me. Also it was tough to pull the trigger on the $15 without being able to try it out first.
I think someone mentioned $5/mo per character who gets XP/he. That would be great IMO. Not sure if it was mentioned before and I heard exploits of free accounts had happened or would happen. What about free trial accounts that do not gain xp without a subscription and can't join a company without a subscription? Might be a bad idea but not gaining XP for more than one character at a time is a tough roadblock.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Edam
The original design proposed you could sub as many characters on an account as you wanted and log in as many characters at a time as you wanted. The DT thing was just a money saving reward for backing the kickstarter it was never meant to be the only way to get more than one character training on the same account.

My memory that far back is hazy - but I seem to remember the reason given for the current arrangement where DT accounts can never train the 3rd character and normal accounts train all three but can only train one at a time was "programming issues implementing the original intended design".
Harad Navar
I have always been under the impression that one character at a time logged in per account and one character training at one time per account was the original design intent, and that the DT backer reword was intended to be something special for the kickstart backers. If I am remembering correctly, there was talk of needing a DT account character to do some special things in game, such as making new shrines.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Edam
Harad Navar
I have always been under the impression that one character at a time logged in per account and one character training at one time per account was the original design intent, and that the DT backer reword was intended to be something special for the kickstart backers. If I am remembering correctly, there was talk of needing a DT account character to do some special things in game, such as making new shrines.

It was enabled in alpha and turned off.

Click for Ryan commenting on Piazo Forums
Ryan
We determined that there were a number of client-side caches and memory structures that were not being cleared correctly when logged in to the same account twice. Rather than spending time trying to figure out those problems we blocked the ability to log in twice to the same client.

It was always meant to be turned back on but was simply not a high priority at the time.

Ryan
We would like to enable the ability to log in two different characters at the same time but right now making that happen is a low priority and the feature has no eta.

TL&DR version. We had the feature in Alpha but logging into the same account twice broke the game and they did not have time to mess about with it so they temporarily turned it off for EE and intended to fix it later. There was no executive decision to remove the feature for marketing or game play reasons, it was simply broken and a low priority for fixing at the time.
Harad Navar
Got it. Thanks.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
harneloot
Interesting.

Going back and looking, there were so many great ideas and promised features in the KS that have never been developed, many of which I paid extra $$$ for. Even looking at the Rewards on my account screen in Goblinworks lists lots of things that would be fun. What might Twice Marked of Pharasma do? Shield Mate? Alliance Pack? Secret Salute? Memorial of Honor etc etc…
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post