Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Cash Shop Suggestions

Bringslite
Harad Navar
I have always been under the impression that one character at a time logged in per account and one character training at one time per account was the original design intent, and that the DT backer reword was intended to be something special for the kickstart backers. If I am remembering correctly, there was talk of needing a DT account character to do some special things in game, such as making new shrines.
Wasn't being able to create new res shrines being considered as the power for the KS Add-On "Twice Marked of Pharasma"? That never got fully detailed out. As far as I can remember.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
We do plan to work on more of the Kickstarter rewards soon, and possibly make some of them available for purchase. Not quite at the top of the priority list yet, but getting close.
Edam
Bringslite
Wasn't being able to create new res shrines being considered as the power for the KS Add-On "Twice Marked of Pharasma"? That never got fully detailed out. As far as I can remember.

If it was placed as a temporary item with appropriate expiry and cooldown timers in a similar way and on the same 15m spots as the current freeholds and camps, using existing shrine artwork, that could work.

It would not be doing anything PvP-wise you cannot already achieve with a freehold so it is not going to be unbalancing.

If it does get introduced it needs to be available on the cash shop for new players to purchase if they want it.
Bringslite
So…. what are some concrete examples of "pay-to-win" type cash shop items. Are there any examples of item/service type things (other than P2W) that should not be on the cash shop, in your opinions?

Example: Players (right now) pay a subscription to have their characters earn xp points. Is it really P2W to pay more to earn some of that xp sooner rather than later? Is part of P2W tied to how fast that you can possibly grow more powerful than time allows in that closed system? Is it mostly about being able to grow more powerful than is possible within that system except by paying cash?

These are questions for any and all.

My own rather broad definition for things that I would find "OK" seeing on the cash shop are first basically what is on there now. That seems to open the door to some things that can also be crafted by other players, some services that can be performed by other players and some things that can be found (loot) by other players.

I would say that complex crafted items should stay as a player made function but I see little harm in things like recipes/expendables, potion packs, name changes, appearance/race changes, camp add-ons offering guards/mule stations(things that are temporary to length of deployment, etc…
Edit: of course I include things like cosmetics for players/items/structures and all that which could be lucrative but is impractical right now. smile

What say you all?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
Bringslite

What say you all?

Been watching too much Battlestar Galactica I take it…
Bringslite
Azure_Zero
Bringslite

What say you all?

Been watching too much Battlestar Galactica I take it…
Not really lately, but I am sure some has stuck! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Preferred Caprica .

World of Tanks style Gold Ammo is the classic example of what not to do.
You are a Troll
Well, I think its fairly obvious that paying more money to have one character gain xp faster (like say 200 xp/hour instead of 100xp/hour) is clearly pay to win and favors those who have deep pockets. Paying more money to have more character train on one account simultaneously seems totally reasonable and no more pay-to-win than simply paying to sub another account.

Having money in any way influence in what ways or how fast a character can earn influence for her company also seems like a very bad idea.
Maxen
I agree with Troll. Anything that allows you to ‘get ahead’ or even ‘catch up’ is pay to win. The proposed “Goblin Balls” would be another example. I don’t see items or features that enhance a players enjoyment of the game as P2W. I would very much like to see character customizations, name/gender/race changes (with appropriate limits so as not to allow regular griefing and then hiding behind a complete character overhaul), opening additional character slots to earn XP, and special convenience items like customizable character housing that you can actually enter and decorate with cash shop items like furnature, trophies, tapestries, etc.

Regardless of the cost, they are available to everyone. Some people will just be able to afford them sooner or more often than others.
Bringslite
I think that mtx type stuff is a vitally important decision. What things and what types of things you put up for purchase can make or break a game's meta reputation and playability. Paizo should seriously be pretty careful in this area. Dang wouldn't a cpl artists and animators make a huge difference in what could be done!

So just keeping this flowing here, things like (for instance) special ammo, or anything you can get only via CS, that is better than what you can get or craft in-game is a Cash shop no-no for many players. Things that players can build and is also available in the cash shop is dangerous in a "crafted by players" economy. The same applies "to extra functions" such as xp chunks and whatever might relate to that.

How would this change out considering different types of player costs to subs to play the game?

#1. Let's consider a pay model of $5/month/character earning xp. Simple, clean and elegant. You could leave out any and all "mtx stuff"(not meaning a general CS) revolving around over the top xp buying, etc….

#2. Now compare a pricing model (just ideas here, really have no clue what Paizo favors) more along a low fee to play one character $5/month and a "premium sub" for $15/month that includes perks like:
-3 xp earning characters
-a small amount of "cash shop" currency(Azoth) per month
-access to "special events"
-more/less?

Which would most of us think best of these monetization approaches? Are there any ideas for less/more/better complicated moves?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post