Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Cash Shop Suggestions

Bob
NightmareSr
Is there a reason that only 1 base camp or freehold can be used at a time? I can see only 1 active base camp or just 1 active freehold, but what is the downside to having an active freehold and an active base camp? Seems like if both could be active in different areas then more people would buy one of each, but maybe enough people do that anyway? It just seemed odd to me.

There isn't really a specific downside there, but we lumped the two together because they felt pretty similar, much as we lumped together Adventurer's Cottages and Crafter's Studios. However, those two different groups felt so different from each other in function that we didn't want to say you could only have 1 of the 4 at a time, and instead let you place 1 from each group.
NightmareSr
Bob
NightmareSr
Is there a reason that only 1 base camp or freehold can be used at a time? I can see only 1 active base camp or just 1 active freehold, but what is the downside to having an active freehold and an active base camp? Seems like if both could be active in different areas then more people would buy one of each, but maybe enough people do that anyway? It just seemed odd to me.

There isn't really a specific downside there, but we lumped the two together because they felt pretty similar, much as we lumped together Adventurer's Cottages and Crafter's Studios. However, those two different groups felt so different from each other in function that we didn't want to say you could only have 1 of the 4 at a time, and instead let you place 1 from each group.
Well any possibility of changing that at some point?
I was contemplating buying a base camp since money is a bit tight for the $100 but eventually I would probably buy a Freehold and then the base camp would be useless for me whenever I had the freehold active. Not sure if others look at it that way but just thought there could be more revenue from just changing the restriction on usage a little.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Bob
NightmareSr
I was contemplating buying a base camp since money is a bit tight for the $100 but eventually I would probably buy a Freehold and then the base camp would be useless for me whenever I had the freehold active. Not sure if others look at it that way but just thought there could be more revenue from just changing the restriction on usage a little.

It's certainly possible, but we do generally want to limit placement of items that are very similar by a single character, even though we might sell more without such limits. At the very least, we don't want big spenders to have an outsized capability for placing buildings/camps. Adding this particular case in wouldn't be a huge deal, but we'd be more likely to do it (or at least to prioritize the work) if lots of people feel like freeholds and base camps fill very different needs and that they'd really like one of each. Ideally, they'd also really want to have one of each significantly more than they'd just like to have 2 freeholds or 2 base camps. However, they both provide basically the same capabilities (placing in the wild, power regeneration, vault storage), just with slightly different upkeep, longevity and cooldown rules. Though the freehold can be more permanent than the base camp (eventually we intend to have rules for attacking and tearing down freeholds, so they won't always be as permanent as they are now), and lends itself to that because you pay 1 silver coin every time it's placed, it also has a shorter cooldown than the base camp and can thus be moved around more often. For the most part, freeholds offer the same or better capabilities compared to a base camp, in exchange for a relatively small silver cost (and the more expensive store price). That said, I could probably be pretty easily convinced that the difference between a mildly permanent wilderness home and a 5-days-at-most wilderness camp could lead lots of players to want the ability to place one freehold and keep it there as long as they can, while using base camps as more of a mobile home. I'm certainly interested in hearing how likely others would to buy both, or if folks feel like that just lets individual characters put down too many premium buildings in the wild at once.
Stilachio Thrax
Bob
NightmareSr

It's certainly possible, but we do generally want to limit placement of items that are very similar by a single character, even though we might sell more without such limits. At the very least, we don't want big spenders to have an outsized capability for placing buildings/camps. Adding this particular case in wouldn't be a huge deal, but we'd be more likely to do it (or at least to prioritize the work) if lots of people feel like freeholds and base camps fill very different needs and that they'd really like one of each. Ideally, they'd also really want to have one of each significantly more than they'd just like to have 2 freeholds or 2 base camps. However, they both provide basically the same capabilities (placing in the wild, power regeneration, vault storage), just with slightly different upkeep, longevity and cooldown rules. Though the freehold can be more permanent than the base camp (eventually we intend to have rules for attacking and tearing down freeholds, so they won't always be as permanent as they are now), and lends itself to that because you pay 1 silver coin every time it's placed, it also has a shorter cooldown than the base camp and can thus be moved around more often. For the most part, freeholds offer the same or better capabilities compared to a base camp, in exchange for a relatively small silver cost (and the more expensive store price). That said, I could probably be pretty easily convinced that the difference between a mildly permanent wilderness home and a 5-days-at-most wilderness camp could lead lots of players to want the ability to place one freehold and keep it there as long as they can, while using base camps as more of a mobile home. I'm certainly interested in hearing how likely others would to buy both, or if folks feel like that just lets individual characters put down too many premium buildings in the wild at once.

Long term, I think you should be able to have both. Short-term, they need the restriction until they are capable of being attacked and force-ably removed. As a base camp owner, I find it suits my playstyle best, but a freehold down the road isn't out of the question.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
You are a Troll
With the change to Holdings that allow any Allied company to bank there, Basecamps and Freeholds are less useful/needed and MUCH less used. No need to at all to have people able to place both.
NightmareSr
Bob
…. That said, I could probably be pretty easily convinced that the difference between a mildly permanent wilderness home and a 5-days-at-most wilderness camp could lead lots of players to want the ability to place one freehold and keep it there as long as they can, while using base camps as more of a mobile home. I'm certainly interested in hearing how likely others would to buy both, or if folks feel like that just lets individual characters put down too many premium buildings in the wild at once.
That's basically how I pictured the use. My thought was to have a Freehold in a gathering spot and still be able to use the base camp for an escalation or something. But maybe it doesn't really make sense.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Bringslite
So far there aren't enough camps and freeholds in play to make having them around really obnoxious except very rarely.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Bringslite
So far there aren't enough camps and freeholds in play to make having them around really obnoxious except very rarely.

That depends where you live.

That said, the fact that unattended freeholds fall over eventually has helped a lot.
Bringslite
Edam
Bringslite

That depends where you live.

That said, the fact that unattended freeholds fall over eventually has helped a lot.
Won't be enough if the pop increases significantly. There maybe should be a refresh mechanic in place as well.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
OK … how about this one (aimed at new players):
Cash Shop Item - New Account Starter XP Pack.

The pack costs the same as a months sub but gives one character 1 month of XP instantly (no extra time added to sub) for the same cost as subbing for a month. Basically you forgo the extra play time to get the XP instantly.

Limitations: Account must be less than 6 weeks old. Maximum of one pack per character.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post