Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Cash Shop Suggestions

You are a Troll
Great idea!
NightmareSr
I love the idea.
Especially if it can be with a slight extension on the "Under 6 weeks old" smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Flari-Merchant
Edam
OK … how about this one (aimed at new players):
Cash Shop Item - New Account Starter XP Pack.

The pack costs the same as a months sub but gives one character 1 month of XP instantly (no extra time added to sub) for the same cost as subbing for a month. Basically you forgo the extra play time to get the XP instantly.

Limitations: Account must be less than 6 weeks old. Maximum of one pack per character.
Sounds ok to me in principle. No immediate objections. Great idea. smile
Garric Orcsbane
Edam
OK … how about this one (aimed at new players):
Cash Shop Item - New Account Starter XP Pack.

The pack costs the same as a months sub but gives one character 1 month of XP instantly (no extra time added to sub) for the same cost as subbing for a month. Basically you forgo the extra play time to get the XP instantly.

Limitations: Account must be less than 6 weeks old. Maximum of one pack per character.

I like it in principal but think it should be 1 per account instead of 1 per character. I would also suggest that the account be at least 2 weeks old before this can be purchased because having a bunch of XP and not understanding how to build a character in PFO leads to a lot of misspent experience.
NightmareSr
Garric Orcsbane
I like it in principal but think it should be 1 per account instead of 1 per character. I would also suggest that the account be at least 2 weeks old before this can be purchased because having a bunch of XP and not understanding how to build a character in PFO leads to a lot of misspent experience.
I misread it at first as "1 per account" which does make more sense, but yes I agree that initially the learning curve is very steep to have that large an amount of XP.
Maybe 1 purchase per account and limited to accounts over 1 month old but less than 6 months old.
I know I would love the option now, but within the first few weeks I would not have spent the XP efficiently at all.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Maxen
I like the concept, but agree that the player learning curve needs serious work before anything like this goes live. You think we have players quitting now because they’ve blown through their XP buying useless feats and get bored? Get them to pay an extra $15 up front and watch their heads explode.

PS And I don’t accept the argument that there is no such thing as a “useless feat”. We pay hard currency for our XP. 100xp/hour. 2400xp/day. 72,000xp/month. As a subscriber, I should have the info on hand to make feat selections with confidence that my build will produce the character I’ve envisioned. Unless you want to offer <gasp> respects… dun, dun, duuunnnnn. smile
You are a Troll
There is absolutely no way for new players to know anything about the game or how why or where to spend xp on (or NOT to spend xp on) - where is the information? Where is the manual? Heck, you can't even SEE the attacks you have purchased without the correct weapon equipped and active!

Goblinary is the only saving grace in this regard, and it not even being maintained any more. This needs to change way before any new marketing push for new players or cash shop xp purchase options.
Stilachio Thrax
You are a Troll
There is absolutely no way for new players to know anything about the game or how why or where to spend xp on (or NOT to spend xp on) - where is the information? Where is the manual? Heck, you can't even SEE the attacks you have purchased without the correct weapon equipped and active!

Goblinary is the only saving grace in this regard, and it not even being maintained any more. This needs to change way before any new marketing push for new players or cash shop xp purchase options.

If you look at the new Kingmaker CRPG, they have fairly closely followed Tabletop Pathfinder, and have as much information as you can possibly put into a game about feats, rules, and mechanics and it is still huge, bewildering and overwhelming for anyone who hasn't played Pathfinder or 3E D&D. If they have trouble explaining everything to a newbie, this game doesn't have a prayer in its current state.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bringslite
You are a Troll

I'll bet Paizo agrees with you.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
You are a Troll

I'll bet Paizo agrees with you.

You're not wrong.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post