Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement and Hex security settings

Bringslite
Edam
Bringslite
Edam
Keepers Pass always set the core 6 and a few other relevant local hexes to high for the protection of customers at our Auction House and the rest to low. We have far more low security hexes then high.
Aye that is your choice. What do you think about The OP's proposal and the ability of other groups to choose?

No real opinion, as I said we run most of our hexes low. The entire SE corner of the map is low security if people want to go down there and run around madly and kill each other there.

That said it makes sense that higher security should cost more. However if you impose it as a new fee there will be riots. Instead maybe add some benefits to medium and low security. For example mules at lower level holdings or extra guards at your holdings or a slight boost to your holding bonuses every level or two.

Carrot not stick smile
Like that better than the OP. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
We'll have to wait and see what Goblinworks does to Balance the hex security settings.

They might go down the stick route for High Sec and or Carrots for Med and Low Sec.
Bringslite
Azure_Zero
We'll have to wait and see what Goblinworks does to Balance the hex security settings.

They might go down the stick route for High Sec and or Carrots for Med and Low Sec.
You're right about that. They may do nothing at all for a good long time. For the nonce, I'd rather see things that attract/interest the average Jessie rather than more "rulership mechanics".
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
I am all for more carrot.

Good ideas Edam.
BlackMoria
Let's not insist on making changes before all the final bits are in place - factions are a major part of this. A faction will have an enemy or enemies and each side will always show red to the other. What is not clear is if faction rules trump hex security settings or not. If faction rules trump all, hex security is probably fine the way it is as your faction enemy should always show red to you and vice versa. If it isn't, that is when you press for changes.

A question to ask Bob is how faction warfare interacts with hex security (Bob, consider the question asked)
Bringslite
BlackMoria
Let's not insist on making changes before all the final bits are in place - factions are a major part of this. A faction will have an enemy or enemies and each side will always show red to the other. What is not clear is if faction rules trump hex security settings or not. If faction rules trump all, hex security is probably fine the way it is as your faction enemy should always show red to you and vice versa. If it isn't, that is when you press for changes.

A question to ask Bob is how faction warfare interacts with hex security (Bob, consider the question asked)
Lol. Completely forgot about factions in all of this back and forth! I'm sure that will put some interesting spin to most everything.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
Getting Factions implemented would be really great. That, along with threading, would go a long way to improving the PvP landscape of PFO methinks.
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Getting Factions implemented would be really great. That, along with threading, would go a long way to improving the PvP landscape of PFO methinks.
Fully agree. If we can just get past the compulsion/drive that makes T3 gear feel mandatory to PVP, we might just be able to have some fun times out there on the field. That could either be fixed as the way to make losing it less impactful or a plain old wake up to PVP being more common until T3 gear PVP is plainly non sustainable.

It does seem a bit strange to me that the T3 skills are encouraged, LVL 20 settlements are the pinnacle to strive for and PVP is generally expected and encouraged. Yet we are expected/encouraged to fight in gear that doesn't utilize those feats fully. Seems very different than most other games with PVP.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
I don't think the factions system will completely fix the High-Sec issue.

As I recall only High ranking members of a factor are always PVP targets for opposing factions,
Anyone in the lower ranks can opt out of PVP of the faction system.

Therefore the Sticks and or Carrots for each level of hex security should still be balanced from what it is.
Bringslite
Azure_Zero
I don't think the factions system will completely fix the High-Sec issue.

As I recall only High ranking members of a factor are always PVP targets for opposing factions,
Anyone in the lower ranks can opt out of PVP of the faction system.

Therefore the Sticks and or Carrots for each level of hex security should still be balanced from what it is.
As was recently mentioned and probably previously mentioned, it might actually be beneficial to see more mechanics put into action and actually have players In-Game playing them before a bunch of changes are made to existing mechanics. Kinda a departure from my previous point of View but it could be valuable to see more things in action (working in sync) than keep adjusting things piece by piece and not really getting anywhere.

It just seems frustrating because it takes a long time to get there. For instance, I think that (right now and for a year to come) the Security mechanics could be totally removed but we wouldn't see an increase in PVP at all.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post