Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Idea's For Coin Sinks

You are a Troll
The problem, right now, with coin sinks is that they will unfairly hurt some while leaving the multi, multi platinum people able to pay for anything or everything without blinking an eye. Its kinda like the hundreds of thousands of bulk most continuously functioning settlement have accumulated over the past two years while outpost level could be above holding level. The immense amount of coin and bulk some have stashed away is a real balance problem that needs to be thought about and talked about.
Smitty
Thats why I went to ammo and potions as a good coin sink - it is something most everyone uses -

So even though the batches are doubled - the coin should eventually be removed from the game.
I guess you could argue killing stuff with ammo and using potions just creates more coin but I know I can shoot through 500 charges easily in an half an hour .. and those arrow folks i see can shoot through 200 arrows in a couple encounters.
Bringslite
You are a Troll
The problem, right now, with coin sinks is that they will unfairly hurt some while leaving the multi, multi platinum people able to pay for anything or everything without blinking an eye. Its kinda like the hundreds of thousands of bulk most continuously functioning settlement have accumulated over the past two years while outpost level could be above holding level. The immense amount of coin and bulk some have stashed away is a real balance problem that needs to be thought about and talked about.
Keep in mind that as far as Bulk goes there is the siege mechanic that doubles the Bulk reduction per PVP day every Week(I think) that the siege continues. Masses of bulk can't withstand that for very long. Anyone plz correct me if I have that wrong.

As far as hordes of coin that some players have going on and sinks being "not fair" for some, I would suggest that "sinks" be mostly optional alternatives to getting things done through coin. That way if you are low on coin you don't have to pay into the sinks. If you are flush on coin, you can indulge at your choice. Other than that the only real way to fix any serious coin gap is to probably take coin away manually. That doesn't seem fair.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
You are a Troll

My Idea in the OP adds a; coin sink, Bulk goods risk, and adds more rewarding and meaningful PVP.
That and the bandit/raiders(s) better pay well or he'll tip their hand to their target.
Edam
You are a Troll
The immense amount of coin and bulk some have stashed away is a real balance problem that needs to be thought about and talked about.

That is a tricky one.

Especially when a level 15 settlement is high enough to support almost all combat skills (though crafting would suck) avoiding almost all bulk costs.

The things that come to mind are stuff like a "bulk tax" on a sliding scale with settlement level. The higher your level the more bulk you can have stored before it gets taxed.

PROBLEM IS - anything that penalises large amounts of bulk in one settlement can easily be circumvented by moving some of it to another settlement or even storing it elsewhere like a holding company vault in the core 6.
Maxen
Let’s not forget that eventually there will be a true market for bulk. There are only so many hexes. If all the settlements on the map were active, I think they would all have a hard time being self sufficient as hexes begin to shift back and forth due to conquest. Trade will need to occur and current bulk excess will likely be sold for profit (when coin actually means something.) It will all work itself out.
You are a Troll
I suppose…unless you are one of the settlement owners that have close to (or over) a million combined bulk and more than one thousand gold coins. Then you won't need either coin or bulk, or need to sell or buy it, for quite some time.
Maxen
You are a Troll
I suppose…unless you are one of the settlement owners that have close to (or over) a million combined bulk and more than one thousand gold coins. Then you won't need either coin or bulk, or need to sell or buy it, for quite some time.

Well, that all goes back to Paizo’s decision not to reset the server on Day 1 of OE. There is either a benefit to signing on and playing this game during EE, or there’s not. Yes, there will be players and settlements that have more than others. That’s the way of the world.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post