Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchantments

NightmareSr
Suave
Looks like "Dwarf Bane" has an error in the effects clause. It reads " Base Attack Bonus +[3 + (ItemPlus * 3)] if Target is Dwarf if Attacker is not Dwarf, Base Damage +[1 + (ItemPlus * 1)] if Target is Dwarf if Attacker is not Dwarf

Looks like same issue for Human and Elf Bane.
If it is not an error it makes for an interesting restriction. No "Bane" bonus for the attackers same race.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
Azure_Zero
What is Common and What is Uncommon?

That info will be in the recipes, which I'll get to soon. This tab is mostly focused on what happens once the enchantment is added to the item. The big exception is tier, which is mostly about which items can get the enchantment. However, tier really informs a lot of the numbers here, and was therefore already on the internal spreadsheet to make things easier for me, so I left it on.

Azure_Zero
Which ones do we get automatically and which do we have to hunt?

Like crafting recipes, you'll get the Common ones automatically and have to hunt down the Uncommon ones.
Bob
NightmareSr
Suave
Looks like "Dwarf Bane" has an error in the effects clause. It reads " Base Attack Bonus +[3 + (ItemPlus * 3)] if Target is Dwarf if Attacker is not Dwarf, Base Damage +[1 + (ItemPlus * 1)] if Target is Dwarf if Attacker is not Dwarf

Looks like same issue for Human and Elf Bane.
If it is not an error it makes for an interesting restriction. No "Bane" bonus for the attackers same race.

That was in fact intentional, and there are similar restrictions to the alignment-based weapon enchantments. I didn't do the same for Humanoid, since then nobody could use it, but the numbers for Humanoid are also significantly lower to balance out the fact that it affects so many targets. Interested to hear what you all think, but I generally liked the idea that an Enchantment designed to hurt certain targets preferred to cooperate with the opposite of those targets, at least something "other" than the target where opposites made no sense.
Bob
Smitty
Perhaps I don’t math as well as I should..

Lesser regeneration - Regeneration +[10 + (ItemPlus * 5)]%
Greater Regeneration - Regeneration +[20 + (ItemPlus * 10)]%
Superior Regeneration - Regeneration +[40 + (ItemPlus * 20)]%
Is there really a % at the end of these ?? so every tick with superior regeneration for a +1 would grant 60% - shouldn’t that just be like 60 HP ? ( like the wright armor feat adds HP each tick - where healer armor give a % of Hit points ??)

That percent on the end just looks off - if I get a +5 superior regeneration item - with the % above would be 140% HP increase each tick ?? that is the thou shall not ever die item ??

I'll double-check how that works on Monday. Regeneration bonuses are sometimes given in percentages, like on the Healer feat, though in smaller numbers. It's certainly possible it's misapplied here, depending on exactly how bonuses work.
Bob
Suave
Thanks Bob! Lots of new recipes to chase down and perhaps new mats to gather.

Some of the recipes for these will be automatic, but most will indeed need to be looted. And yes, those recipes will ultimately require new raw mats for gathering and new salvage for looting as well.

Suave
Looks like the "enchantment points" column will be used to keep track of the total number of enchanted items a character is running around with in order to narrow choices each character has to make. Is there a formula to calculate available Enchantment Points for a character?
Would it be something along the lines of [x] * Highest Armor Feat + [y] * Highest Feature Feat + [z] * Highest Role Feat = Total available Enchantment Points.
Will there be a new dialog window to check Available Enchantment points, Consumed Enchantment points, etc.?

Yes, you'll have a limited number of Enchantment Points you can equip. Rather than basing that number primarily off of existing feats, there will be a new Enchantment Points feat you can learn to increase that number. We may also add some small increases to other feats if it feels appropriate, like perhaps Wizards can just naturally carry more enchanted items. Ultimately, it won't be possible to completely equip yourself with T3+5 enchanted items, so sometimes it will make sense to enchant a T3 item with a T1 enchantment.
Bob
Bringslite
Not critiquing the amount at all but am I getting my numbers right that "Superior (Pouch?) of Holding +5" will add 50 encumbrance pts to a character's max?

Just trying to make sure I grok your notations. smile

You are reading that correctly. The numbers are certainly still up for debate, but since you need to enchant a T3+5 item to get the full 50 points, that's a pretty expensive enchantment.
Bob
Kenton Stone
One of particular note seems to be missing.

…of Holding

Lesser/Greater/Superior Encumbrance enchantments each result in a Lesser/Greater/Superior {Item} of Holding.

Kenton Stone
Is there going to be an entry for what Item type they can be applied to?

That will be in the recipes.
Bringslite
Bob
Bringslite
Not critiquing the amount at all but am I getting my numbers right that "Superior (Pouch?) of Holding +5" will add 50 encumbrance pts to a character's max?

Just trying to make sure I grok your notations. smile

You are reading that correctly. The numbers are certainly still up for debate, but since you need to enchant a T3+5 item to get the full 50 points, that's a pretty expensive enchantment.
Ok so I got the math down pretty sure. On some things anyway. Since these numbers aren't actually recipes, I'll have to wait and see if cost to build reciprocates with value of returns.

At first glance though, an extra 100 ore "in the bag" doesn't seem too bad for a pouch. Even though the "pouch" will be quite pricey.

Any idea what you think KS rewards will be for RoP and BoH, or rather which Tier and plus?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Any idea what you think KS rewards will be for RoP and BoH, or rather which Tier and plus?

They're part of the New Player Packs, so they'll generally need to fit in with the other included items. Been waiting on more finalized enchantments before really looking into it more closely.
Bringslite
That seems fair though I have to admit I was hoping for better! smile

I have to say that I'm looking forward to EE16. I needed something like this to re-invigorate my enthusiasm.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post