Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

What Auction Houses want some action.

NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
Talonguard would like T1 mats as we are in an upgrading process and it does take a lot of resources.
Also We are in need of recipes, Manueavers and Codexes to finish off some of our missing codex collections so we can upgrade a few of our buildings.

If High level Settlements Need bulk I'll put some of it up, as we are generating a way more then we need and could use the coin to pay for the settlement's weekly upkeep.
Any specific T1 mats or a few that are higher priority?
Also any specifics on the recipes maneavers etc.?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Azure_Zero
NightmareSr

Any specific T1 mats or a few that are higher priority?
Also any specifics on the recipes maneuvers etc.?

We need a Lot of T1 Mats, except for Flammable and Aromatic we already have a ton of brimstone.

T1 Maneuvers/Spells: Freeholder, Rogue, Cleric(can do T2 here)
T1 Recipes for: Weaver, Jeweler, Tailor, Artificer, Iconographer(Can use T2 here)

Also still Looking for the Following Structure recipes: Arcanist Workshop, Cathedral( of Good), and a Keep.
So I can build them in Talonguard and upgrade in town without risking material and result in transit.
And Willing to Trade in Bulk or Building Queue time for them
Maxen
NightmareSr
What is needed for Talonguard and Caer Coedwig?
I feel I have a good idea of the pricing around Carpe/TK as well as down south in KP and just want to accelerate my knowledge of the north/west
Seems the bids in Caer coedwig are priced lower, but are for mats that are readily available in the area, which perfectly explains the low price to me. Although I would like to fill a need and deliver more of the "in demand" items when I travel the map.

Sure, I’ll see about putting up some buy orders for T2 and T3 mats. However what this game needs and has yet to establish is a standard. What should be the price for “X”? Of course in a free market, that price should fluctuate based on supply and demand, but what would be helpful is to establish “what is the cost of a gallon of milk?” What goes into making and selling that gallon? A cow or goat. Milking labor. Refining labor. Retail markup. I built a spreadsheet that takes the raw mats of an item and allows you to price the item by inputting the raw mat cost and applying refining, crafting, and retail markups to arrive at a sale price. Before you ask, no, I’m not going to post it. It’s not a pretty spreadsheet and also not done yet. I want to work it backwards so I take the sale price, back out the markups and and calculate the cost of materials.

But my point is, what is a reasonable price for a set of plate armor? Should we open the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and use that price as a starting point, and then allow supply and demand of raw materials to dictate future price fluctuations?

If we could get some semblance of a reasonable economy going, that would be a big win whether we are 50 players or 500.
Bringslite
I'll just throw out that I base my prices for raw mats at T1=25+ cp, T2=50+ cp and T3=100+ CP. Mostly that is the lowest that things seem to sell. Higher than that, by a good bit, is more typical. It sells at TK faster than I can (or want to spend time to) gather it. If you think I am exaggerating, you are wrong.

This is just because (IMO) hardly anyone else does sell raw mats and it will/would adjust if there were a real population in the game.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
We need a Lot of T1 Mats, except for Flammable and Aromatic we already have a ton of brimstone.
That is cool since I can only gather T1 yet. I was sort of wondering if there was something you wouldn't mind spending a premium on? Or would be worth something particularly good in trade?
Azure_Zero
T1 Recipes for: Weaver, Jeweler, Tailor, Artificer, Iconographer(Can use T2 here)

Also still Looking for the Following Structure recipes: Arcanist Workshop, Cathedral( of Good), and a Keep.
So I can build them in Talonguard and upgrade in town without risking material and result in transit.
I think the recipes and etc. can be sold in the AH but I wouldn't have a clue on pricing. Come to think of it a "Trade" option would be cool in the AH, like listed something for sale but instead of coin you would select another item. Although that would probably require a ton of coding work. Also I didn't even know there were recipes for the structures, guess I have never gotten any.

Maxen
Sure, I’ll see about putting up some buy orders for T2 and T3 mats.
That could work for Schedim, but I can only gather T1 mats yet. Someday I be a big boy and fill those bids also. smile

Maxen
However what this game needs and has yet to establish is a standard. What should be the price for “X”? Of course in a free market, that price should fluctuate based on supply and demand, but what would be helpful is to establish “what is the cost of a gallon of milk?” What goes into making and selling that gallon? A cow or goat. Milking labor. Refining labor. Retail markup. I built a spreadsheet that takes the raw mats of an item and allows you to price the item by inputting the raw mat cost and applying refining, crafting, and retail markups to arrive at a sale price. Before you ask, no, I’m not going to post it. It’s not a pretty spreadsheet and also not done yet. I want to work it backwards so I take the sale price, back out the markups and and calculate the cost of materials.
I am sure Maker has a nice spreadsheet judging by his posted lists. I have seen others that have it already too, so I wouldn't need your list or anyone's really. Getting the price for finished good by inputting the price per mat is easy but when going the other direction it doesn't work well since there are different price points for different types of materials. As far as on the forums and in AHs, Maker has the best lists but when I calculate them some things seem overpriced while other items are a great deal. Maybe that is the free market at work.

Maxen
But my point is, what is a reasonable price for a set of plate armor? Should we open the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and use that price as a starting point, and then allow supply and demand of raw materials to dictate future price fluctuations?

If we could get some semblance of a reasonable economy going, that would be a big win whether we are 50 players or 500.
I agree that it would be a big win, and really why I keep trying to discuss it and poke at the economy in hopes that others will jump in as well.
I have been dealing mostly in just T1 mats and have an ok idea of pricing, but still learning for sure.
Either way thanks for the input and responses guys. smile
Azure_Zero
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
That is cool since I can only gather T1 yet. I was sort of wondering if there was something you wouldn't mind spending a premium on? Or would be worth something particularly good in trade?
Azure_Zero

I think the recipes and etc. can be sold in the AH but I wouldn't have a clue on pricing. Come to think of it a "Trade" option would be cool in the AH, like listed something for sale but instead of coin you would select another item. Although that would probably require a ton of coding work. Also I didn't even know there were recipes for the structures, guess I have never gotten any.

I have lots of T1 Weapons and Armour in Corbenik's Vaults that I could use for trade, Or have a character make you something your looking for.
NightmareSr
Bringslite
I'll just throw out that I base my prices for raw mats at T1=25+ cp, T2=50+ cp and T3=100+ CP. Mostly that is the lowest that things seem to sell. Higher than that, by a good bit, is more typical. It sells at TK faster than I can (or want to spend time to) gather it. If you think I am exaggerating, you are wrong.

This is just because (IMO) hardly anyone else does sell raw mats and it will/would adjust if there were a real population in the game.
I like those 2 points, but then when I moved out of TK I noticed little to no activity on other AHs (which was the reason for this thread in the first place).
It seems like every settlement (that isn't shut down) is trying to upgrade which is probably causing people to horde their mats. I am trying to find a balance in helping my company/settlement and sell on the markets but it is rough.
Bringslite
NightmareSr
Bringslite

I like those 2 points, but then when I moved out of TK I noticed little to no activity on other AHs (which was the reason for this thread in the first place).
It seems like every settlement (that isn't shut down) is trying to upgrade which is probably causing people to horde their mats. I am trying to find a balance in helping my company/settlement and sell on the markets but it is rough.
Again, that is going to be tough to do when there are so few players that want to gather and sell raw mats. If you want to encourage more sales in more AHs, your best move, again IMO, is to be sure that everyone knows where you are placing stuff for sale. Maybe even price info. Nobody wants to run 10+ hexes to find out that there is nothing for sale at "AH X".

PS sorry if I am being confusing. I was mostly responding to what Maxen posted. Not meaning to derail your thread. smile

Maxen
However what this game needs and has yet to establish is a standard. What should be the price for “X”? Of course in a free market, that price should fluctuate based on supply and demand, but what would be helpful is to establish “what is the cost of a gallon of milk?” What goes into making and selling that gallon? A cow or goat. Milking labor. Refining labor. Retail markup. I built a spreadsheet that takes the raw mats of an item and allows you to price the item by inputting the raw mat cost and applying refining, crafting, and retail markups to arrive at a sale price. Before you ask, no, I’m not going to post it. It’s not a pretty spreadsheet and also not done yet. I want to work it backwards so I take the sale price, back out the markups and and calculate the cost of materials.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
I have lots of T1 Weapons and Armour in Corbenik's Vaults that I could use for trade, Or have a character make you something your looking for.
I am good on T1 weapons and gear, since I have been dying less. Seems I am going to be in perpetual need of Arrows, along with harvesting kits and possibly saddlebags.
My main thought early on was to see if I could have some fun gathering what is plentiful in one area and selling it in another area, basically doing the leg work and getting a change of scenery in the process. But it seems there are very few T1 mats that don't exist in each corner of the map. Still trying to figure out what I am doing in game also so I might be a bit disorganized with all of this.
NightmareSr
Bringslite
Again, that is going to be tough to do when there are so few players that want to gather and sell raw mats. If you want to encourage more sales in more AHs, your best move, again IMO, is to be sure that everyone knows where you are placing stuff for sale. Maybe even price info. Nobody wants to run 10+ hexes to find out that there is nothing for sale at "AH X".
PS sorry if I am being confusing. I was mostly responding to what Maxen posted. Not meaning to derail your thread. smile
And that is where I was hoping to find my niche as a new player, but the demand seems to remain very high, and many seem offended if the cost of the supply goes up. As far as the mats are concerned it isn't a true supply and demand mechanic as much as a convenience service, since anyone can gather the T1 mats. Although I ain't gonna slow down my gathering at all, tough is fun right?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post