Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

What Auction Houses want some action.

Bringslite
NightmareSr
Bringslite
Again, that is going to be tough to do when there are so few players that want to gather and sell raw mats. If you want to encourage more sales in more AHs, your best move, again IMO, is to be sure that everyone knows where you are placing stuff for sale. Maybe even price info. Nobody wants to run 10+ hexes to find out that there is nothing for sale at "AH X".
PS sorry if I am being confusing. I was mostly responding to what Maxen posted. Not meaning to derail your thread. smile
And that is where I was hoping to find my niche as a new player, but the demand seems to remain very high, and many seem offended if the cost of the supply goes up. As far as the mats are concerned it isn't a true supply and demand mechanic as much as a convenience service, since anyone can gather the T1 mats. Although I ain't gonna slow down my gathering at all, tough is fun right?

Yes that was originally established by Ryan Dancey, if memory serves! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Father Bronin
Bringslite
I'll just throw out that I base my prices for raw mats at T1=25+ cp, T2=50+ cp and T3=100+ CP. Mostly that is the lowest that things seem to sell. Higher than that, by a good bit, is more typical. It sells at TK faster than I can (or want to spend time to) gather it. If you think I am exaggerating, you are wrong."
=================

I used to assume 10c as a baseline for t1. More popular items (coal, hemp, iron) would be 2 or sometimes 4 times that. Low needed items (Brimstone) could go for as low as 2c.

Lately prices have spiked tremendously. Coal routinely sells for 100c each. Most popular selling items I see are coal, iron and hemp. Pine, Oak (t2), Loadstone (t2) and all types of pelts are often needed as well.

Once enchanting kicks in, I suspect there will be a run on any resources needed to make enchantable items. Suddenly that +3 Warm Hat will have a need. Tailors, Jewelers, Leatherworkers, etc. will suddenly be in high demand. Wool, pelts will likely spike in needs and costs will increase. Also +4 and +5 items will suddenly become useful.

FB
harneloot
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
I have lots of T1 Weapons and Armour in Corbenik's Vaults that I could use for trade, Or have a character make you something your looking for.
I am good on T1 weapons and gear, since I have been dying less. Seems I am going to be in perpetual need of Arrows, along with harvesting kits and possibly saddlebags.
My main thought early on was to see if I could have some fun gathering what is plentiful in one area and selling it in another area, basically doing the leg work and getting a change of scenery in the process. But it seems there are very few T1 mats that don't exist in each corner of the map. Still trying to figure out what I am doing in game also so I might be a bit disorganized with all of this.

You can thank Bob for that. HUGE mistake when he decided he would reduce scarcity and spread mats all over the map when, in my humble opinion, he should have done the exact opposite. But hey, what do I know, I only play the game every day. (or at least I use to)
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
NightmareSr
harneloot
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
I have lots of…
I am good on … But it seems there are very few T1 mats that don't exist in each corner of the map. Still trying to figure out what I am doing in game also so I might be a bit disorganized with all of this.

You can thank Bob for that. HUGE mistake when he decided he would reduce scarcity and spread mats all over the map when, in my humble opinion, he should have done the exact opposite. But hey, what do I know, I only play the game every day. (or at least I use to)
Interesting, so you're saying there a nights when the swamp is unattended? Good to know. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
harneloot
NightmareSr
harneloot
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
I have lots of…
I am good on … But it seems there are very few T1 mats that don't exist in each corner of the map. Still trying to figure out what I am doing in game also so I might be a bit disorganized with all of this.

Interesting, so you're saying there a nights when the swamp is unattended? Good to know. smile

Pretty much always right now. I am super bored with the game currently. Maybe when enchanting kicks in it will draw me back?
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Schedim
harneloot
[
You can thank Bob for that. HUGE mistake when he decided he would reduce scarcity and spread mats all over the map when, in my humble opinion, he should have done the exact opposite.

Yep, we are in complete agreement on that, it makes me blow a fuse or two every time I think about it. Yes it was difficult times when copper almost only was found in Copper Hill (later known as ZKM, an name so foul I won't spell it out) but it forced people to sneak up there braving the PvP lunatics.
But it was exciting and they where eminently bribable.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
With Enchanting, it's looking like there will be just over 100 new gatherable mats, the vast majority assigned to a unique stock. My current plan is to place them only in monster/home hexes, with T1 stocks generally available in up to 4 nearby hexes, T2's in up to 3 nearby hexes, and T3's in up to 2 nearby hexes. That will make monster/home hexes special for all tiers of gatherers, and will spread these new stocks out across the map in a reasonably straight-forward manner. Most importantly, every small cluster of monster/home hexes should be the only chunk of the map for mats required by at least one widely-desirable enchantment, and every widely-desirable enchantment should require mats from a fairly small chunk of the map.
Suave
Bob
With Enchanting, it's looking like there will be just over 100 new gatherable mats, the vast majority assigned to a unique stock. My current plan is to place them only in monster/home hexes, with T1 stocks generally available in up to 4 nearby hexes, T2's in up to 3 nearby hexes, and T3's in up to 2 nearby hexes. That will make monster/home hexes special for all tiers of gatherers, and will spread these new stocks out across the map in a reasonably straight-forward manner. Most importantly, every small cluster of monster/home hexes should be the only chunk of the map for mats required by at least one widely-desirable enchantment, and every widely-desirable enchantment should require mats from a fairly small chunk of the map.

Bring it on! Ready for the new gathering challenges!
Schedim
Bob

Ooooh! This really tickles the explorer in me!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
NightmareSr
I agree with Schedim, very excited that all tiers get something new. Especially with it being in limited areas. smile

– Side note, Caer Coedwig really doen't want non-allied players selling in the AH, it is a 25% sales tax. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post