Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

What Auction Houses want some action.

NightmareSr
Bringslite
Interesting questions about materials like pine and coal. I am not sure that the "highest possible price to charge" has been explored on stuff like that.
Well with every active settlement working on upgrades, pine probably has not been explored. Coal is just high cause Marker has announced will buy at that price. I think the high selling prices in TK are attempts to find a higher selling price and a means of testing the market. I don't care to much about finding the high price, I just mostly fill bids or sell at and to whoever will pay the highest price.
-
Bringslite
PS-Yes anyone can gather T1 resources and sell them. VERY FEW do right now though. It wouldn't be nearly as lucrative if lots more did because that is how it works. At a certain threshold of supply, price has to go down as buyers look for better deals in all of the available stocks. Sellers just want to sell and they will start undercutting each other to get those sales.
Yep and I like gathering and exploring so I just want to sell because I don't want to craft. I don't mind selling lower but if someone is willing to over pay for something then it is hard to sell lower. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bringslite
If it isn't a time dump, I can't help but wonder if there should be an offering timer longer than one month for AHs. At least until we have a real population going. You can still cancel your offer any time you like. Far flung AHs get visited less often than TK. It may help them sell more if the timer were increased.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
NightmareSr
Bringslite
If it isn't a time dump, I can't help but wonder if there should be an offering timer longer than one month for AHs. At least until we have a real population going. You can still cancel your offer any time you like. Far flung AHs get visited less often than TK. It may help them sell more if the timer were increased.
The timer is long in some AHs versus others.
I know TK is 30 days, but KP is I think 70 days, and Carpe is I think 60 days. I'm not sure if it is a settlement setting or set by level like the taxes, or what it is really. I just know that TK is 30 days and most others are longer.
Bringslite
NightmareSr
Bringslite
The timer is long in some AHs versus others.
I know TK is 30 days, but KP is I think 70 days, and Carpe is I think 60 days. I'm not sure if it is a settlement setting or set by level like the taxes, or what it is really. I just know that TK is 30 days and most others are longer.
The timer is 30 days, anywhere, or at least it is supposed to be…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
NightmareSr
Well I like the ones that are over 30 days so if the 30 days is the intention then I hope the other ones don't get "fixed". smile
Bringslite
NightmareSr
Well I like the ones that are over 30 days so if the 30 days is the intention then I hope the other ones don't get "fixed". smile
Well I can't seem to find proof of my claim with a quick search. I hope that someone can correct or confirm my belief!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
The auction timer is now based on the Auction House's upgrades. NPC auction houses act like a +0 and provide the same 30 day timer as before. Every plus gets you an extra 10 days.
Bringslite
Bob
The auction timer is now based on the Auction House's upgrades. NPC auction houses act like a +0 and provide the same 30 day timer as before. Every plus gets you an extra 10 days.
Very good and thank you, Bob. I stand corrected and indeed, educated!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
NightmareSr
Bob
Thanks Bob, I was scared for a sec that I opened my big mouth and exposed a bug that was beneficial. smile
Bringslite
NightmareSr
Bob
Thanks Bob, I was scared for a sec that I opened my big mouth and exposed a bug that was beneficial. smile
Good catch, NightmareSr. So there is already a path for player AHs to have longer auctions. That idea isn't going to help much…

All else I can think of, right now, is to be sure and advertise here when unusual AHs get stuff listed on them.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post