Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

What Auction Houses want some action.

NightmareSr
Bringslite
All else I can think of, right now, is to be sure and advertise here when unusual AHs get stuff listed on them.
Well I suppose I could but sort of want to throw stuff in random AHs and make them a surprise for whoever might find them. haha. Not really, but I did just recently realize that my 100-200 "pile" of a T1 mat is not really "big" so sort of still learning. I need to do more Bountiful Harvests, but just started being able to do them solo and not die halfway through (make it 3/4 and run away now smile ).
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bringslite
It kind of matters what your ultimate goal is. How much effort you are willing to put toward that goal and all that, including how you like to spend your playing time.

As an example, I used to spend all of my time trying to find the best gushers. Get certain specific mats to haul away for crafting buildings (group work) and/or also AH sales. Slowly I got to be a 4x gatherer and switched to just focusing on hexes that had the best (overall) collection of sellable materials. I started doing less and less gushers and just fillin' up the pack. I found that I enjoy this more. Never been one that enjoys having to sit for an hour at a task that I can't get up from. That's just me and I still feel that gushers are a really great addition overall. Just my patience doesn't last long enough to do them…

I find it evens out in value per hour good enough for me.

Edit: Next I'd like to find a way to sell gushers to those that like to do them.
@ Bob, can gushers be turned over to other players once they have been started by just walking away? I know that they produce less when the "finder" is out of range, but will they continue until the end?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Bob, can gushers be turned over to other players once they have been started by just walking away? I know that they produce less when the "finder" is out of range, but will they continue until the end?

They do continue right up until the end, even if the finder is out of range. I believe you do need to stay in a party with the finder to take the resources out of the husk without any rep penalties, but the finder shouldn't have to stay nearby to keep that working.
Bringslite
Thanks, Bob. Very interesting. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
NightmareSr
Yes thanks Bob, that does open some possibilities.
Azure_Zero
I've bought some stuff in the Talonguard AH.

It should help in building things up.
NightmareSr
Looks like Talonguard will be my next step. smile
Schedim
I start to get stuff up in Emerald too, now it is mostly some T2 mats, Tokens for the Emerald Rumble (at 1c a piece) and some stuff that I ended up crafting.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bringslite
Bob
With Enchanting, it's looking like there will be just over 100 new gatherable mats, the vast majority assigned to a unique stock. My current plan is to place them only in monster/home hexes, with T1 stocks generally available in up to 4 nearby hexes, T2's in up to 3 nearby hexes, and T3's in up to 2 nearby hexes. That will make monster/home hexes special for all tiers of gatherers, and will spread these new stocks out across the map in a reasonably straight-forward manner. Most importantly, every small cluster of monster/home hexes should be the only chunk of the map for mats required by at least one widely-desirable enchantment, and every widely-desirable enchantment should require mats from a fairly small chunk of the map.
This could provide much more overlap of possibility that players of all styles will cross each others paths. I know I am stating the obvious here but I think that THIS FACTOR is so important it needs mentioning as a very positive move by you guys, Bob.

It won't be a huge deal for the game while there is still a small pop but it will really make a big difference if the pop grows much. I really hope that this will demonstrate that more "area consolidation" of certain resources would be a good idea in all ways.

Suggestion: Just don't spread the new stuff over 50 hexes(If you can help it) and think that is a small enough area. Let it be an experiment on resource placement vs player interaction. You can always adjust later. You have nothing if not lots of time.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Suggestion: Just don't spread the new stuff over 50 hexes(If you can help it) and think that is a small enough area. Let it be an experiment on resource placement vs player interaction. You can always adjust later. You have nothing if not lots of time.

My goal is to separate out the mats that feed into related enchantments as much as possible. It won't be perfect (too many competing things to balance), but on the simple level, you'll probably need to gather from about 18 different monster hexes just to cover all the T3 crafting/refining skill enchantments, spread as widely across the map as I can. Likewise, to get all the major fighter-related enchantments, you'll need to gather from multiple, widely-spaced monster hexes. There will likely be cases where a person only interested in a somewhat eclectic subset of enchantments can find them all in one chunk of the map, but I'll do my best to prevent that from happening for the most likely combinations.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post