Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open Enrollment

Bringslite
@ The Dev Gang

Is there a basic idea or set Map for what you guys want to accomplish before you feel comfortable with going for OE? If there is, will you take a half hour and write it out for us?

Thank You for whatever you can share. smile
Bringslite
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
We do plan to revisit the roadmap and update it somewhere in here, but the closest we've got at the moment is the rough list of future milestones Lisa laid out at Gen Con. We aren't specifically saying which order they'll be done in, or which exact ones would need to be done before we'd starting thinking of the game as ready for Open Enrollment, just that these are things we plan to tackle next. For now, we're convinced that Enchanting is the next thing to complete, so we're pretty focused on finishing that off. As we're finishing that up, we'll see where things are at and spell out the next steps for you all as best we can.

For reference, here are the major areas we plan to focus on that Lisa listed at Gen Con:

• Enchanting
  • Factions/Deities
  • New Player Experience
  • Azoth Store
  • New Art
  • New Pricing Options
  • New Classes
  • Unity Upgrade
  • Pathfinder 2.0
Bringslite
Thank you, Bob. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Father Bronin
Good list. What is projected timeframe for Enchanting? Are we still on for the end of October?

Any chance of adding more weapons? Wasn't crossbow close to implementation?

FB
Bringslite
@ Bob

Do you think that somewhere in there is the possibility that PVP will be addressed? Such as looting, player's ability to access PVP, penalties(concerning the sticks/restrictions) looked at and generally making it more fluidly possible, more rewarding AND less of a burden to perform?

I feel like this is a major issue towards getting your hooks into a major player base/type that is pretty neglected by PfO.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Father Bronin
What is projected timeframe for Enchanting? Are we still on for the end of October?

We're still targeting roughly the end of October, but as always it will depend on how many unexpected complications come up as we're testing things out. One thing we realized recently is that we'll need to rework auctions a bit more than originally hoped to handle enchanted items. Won't be sure how much work that involves until we get a chance to take a closer look, but that and the other small things we're running into so far don't seem like they'll push things out too far.

Father Bronin
Any chance of adding more weapons? Wasn't crossbow close to implementation?

Not with this next update, but we would like to add more at some point.

Crossbows look partially done, in that the basic models seem to be set up, but there aren't any animations ready to go for them. Then again, they might look okay with a pretty minimalist animation, so maybe I could still put something together that looks all right. Would definitely require some experimentation to see if I could figure something out.

There are other weapons partially ready to go that could potentially be added if we can re-use the animation sets from similar weapons. For example, tridents could use the same animations as spears, or falchions could use the same animations as longswords. Again, not sure how well that would work, and wouldn't know until I spent some time experimenting.

Basically, I'd have to look at each possibility and see how far we could take it with the art/animations that have already been through the pipeline. Sometimes there are just minor tweaks required in Unity I can do to get things working, other times we may be able to line up just enough art help to take things further. I'm not aware of anything that's completely ready to go and just needs to be activated, but there are definitely some things that are closer than others, and those are the weapons we'd look at first.
Bob
Bringslite
Do you think that somewhere in there is the possibility that PVP will be addressed? Such as looting, player's ability to access PVP, penalties(concerning the sticks/restrictions) looked at and generally making it more fluidly possible, more rewarding AND less of a burden to perform?

It's certainly possible, and we do reevaluate our priorities as we see promising opportunities for improvements that can be made more efficiently than the improvements we've currently got planned. We know PvP needs work, and definitely plan on getting to it, but haven't currently identified many opportunities for relatively easy changes that would clearly drive more players to the game.
NightmareSr
Bob

There are other weapons partially ready to go that could potentially be added if we can re-use the animation sets from similar weapons. For example, tridents could use the same animations as spears, or falchions could use the same animations as longswords. Again, not sure how well that would work, and wouldn't know until I spent some time experimenting.
So… Two-Handed Axe would be in that group right? smile Since it could just use the animation from the current Greatsword? smilesmile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
Bob

So… Two-Handed Axe would be in that group right? smile Since it could just use the animation from the current Greatsword? smilesmile

It would certainly be an interesting experiment.
Stilachio Thrax
cough, cough

Bastard Sword using a combo of one-handed and two-handed attacks, which might actually give a better for not carrying a shield or off-hand weapon than shields and dual-wielding suck.

Javelin using a combo of thrown attacks and melee, and add a few thrown attacks to spears.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post