Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open Enrollment

NightmareSr
Stilachio Thrax

Javelin using a combo of thrown attacks and melee, and add a few thrown attacks to spears.
If implemented would you want to carry multiple Javelins or Spears? Also, would you want to collect the thrown weapon after combat? If it was made to just miraculously reappear in our hand after being thrown, I think that would be sort of game breaking.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Azure_Zero
I think Bob forgot that some of the PVP Systems still need some work……

Schedim
I would say that before OE can start, the animationpart of combat need a serious overhaul. It is something gamers looks very closely at and the state of today is … not so impressive.
And I guess whishing for more weapons and animations is pretty much useless now as it is (I guess) a job for a dedicated team for quite a while.
As Lisa have mentioned classes and races are things that will affect the attraction factor for people even before they enters the game. When I realised that there was no Goblin race in a Pazio game I was shocked, shocked I say!
The classes are perhaps even more complicated to work on, as the current system with roles and achivements needs some real system design thinking and it will affect everything. I think the achivement pints needs to focus more on how the cgoal is achived instead of what the target is. Killing a bandit makes you a Rogue today, even if you killed them with a force blast.
I would probably demand quite a lot of new stuff for Rogue to do in order to move them from the Skirmisher role of today so they separates a bit from the Figther.

Oh now is server downtime over, got to run!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Stilachio Thrax
NightmareSr
Stilachio Thrax

Javelin using a combo of thrown attacks and melee, and add a few thrown attacks to spears.
If implemented would you want to carry multiple Javelins or Spears? Also, would you want to collect the thrown weapon after combat? If it was made to just miraculously reappear in our hand after being thrown, I think that would be sort of game breaking.

I don't mind that, its what you do in PnP anyway. It also opens the door for the Returning enchantment that would magically return it to you after each attack (also a PnP thing).
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Stilachio Thrax
As far as other needs, I think the following is absolutely necessary for OE:

Classes- Paladin, Ranger, Barbarian, Druid, Sorcerer and if possible Alchemist, Witch, and Summoner. I'd love a Cavalier too, but mounted combat is probably too much at this point.

Races- Halfling, Gnome and Goblin, and it wouldn't hurt to have Tieflings and Aasimar either.

From a mechanics standpoint, there is work to be done as well, particularly with PVP. But I think in order to get the ToT, this game has to feel like Pathfinder, which is why the Core Rulebook needs to be present (along with a few other fan favorites). The PVP system could be fantastic, but if you can't get people here by fulfilling the Pathfinder part of the equation, it won't matter.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
NightmareSr
Stilachio Thrax

Races- Halfling, Gnome and Goblin, and it wouldn't hurt to have Tieflings and Aasimar either.
I had to look up Tieflings and Aasimar, (probably my fault I don't know them).
But, Half-Orcs should be in with halflings and gnomes.
Also, I'm not sure what PvP mechanics are good, bad or ugly since I haven't seen any PvP in game yet.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Schedim
I think Half-orc needs to be up there with the Halfling, it is an extremely popular race. Tief and Aas would need some work as they need some special to be properly represented.

Also the classes need to have some crafting alternatives as it is an major aspect of this game that is handled by NPCs in the TT and thus lack any existence in th book.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bringslite
The best thing that I got out of this is that

1. They don't want to just rush to anything like OE without some serious improves and additional stuff.

2. They must feel that they are able to at least maintain the game operations while they do all this.

I believe that it will take a long time but, all together (for myself), this game still has the best and most realistic "sandbox" w/best overall vision out there. I do get impatient and snappy and bored. I won't walk away as long as I see progress though.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
I should add that I have no problem at all (love it in fact) with the idea that new weapons, feats, items, etc… being added as we go! It is still very important to keep the players that you have, right now, interested and excited while you do all of that other stuff. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Azure_Zero
I think Bob forgot that some of the PVP Systems still need some work……

Never forgotten, just not on the short list where we see the most promising opportunities right now. There's still plenty of work we intend to do beyond that list, including various improvements to PvP.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post