Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open Enrollment

Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Bastard Sword using a combo of one-handed and two-handed attacks, which might actually give a better for not carrying a shield or off-hand weapon than shields and dual-wielding suck.

In theory that would be possible, though I don't know what would happen if I tried to have one weapon use both one-handed and two-handed animations the way they're currently set up. It looks like bastard swords were intended to basically use the two-handed sword attack feats, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to add some one-handed-style attack feats that are specific to bastard swords once we put in the planned code to handle weapon-specific attacks. Overall, it would probably take a reasonable amount of both code work and design experimentation, and might require cutting some animation corners for now.

Stilachio Thrax
Javelin using a combo of thrown attacks and melee, and add a few thrown attacks to spears.

We could probably figure out a decent way to handle thrown weapons, but it would definitely take a fair amount of both code and design work. We currently really just have the one sanctified attack that throws a "starknife," but as a sanctified attack, we can do a lot of hand-waving around how it works. Standard attacks, not so much.
Bob
It's important to remember that Open Enrollment doesn't mean All Done. We'll continue to add more races, more monsters, more roles, more everything. At its core, we'll be ready to declare Open Enrollment when we feel that the game provides an engaging enough experience that we're comfortable putting a little more marketing muscle into attracting new users. However, it will still be a work-in-progress, and we'll have to set expectations accordingly.
Bringslite
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Bastard Sword using a combo of one-handed and two-handed attacks, which might actually give a better for not carrying a shield or off-hand weapon than shields and dual-wielding suck.

In theory that would be possible, though I don't know what would happen if I tried to have one weapon use both one-handed and two-handed animations the way they're currently set up. It looks like bastard swords were intended to basically use the two-handed sword attack feats, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to add some one-handed-style attack feats that are specific to bastard swords once we put in the planned code to handle weapon-specific attacks. Overall, it would probably take a reasonable amount of both code work and design experimentation, and might require cutting some animation corners for now.

Stilachio Thrax
Javelin using a combo of thrown attacks and melee, and add a few thrown attacks to spears.

We could probably figure out a decent way to handle thrown weapons, but it would definitely take a fair amount of both code and design work. We currently really just have the one sanctified attack that throws a "starknife," but as a sanctified attack, we can do a lot of hand-waving around how it works. Standard attacks, not so much.
You have the luxury of writing off endless daggers because Star Knife is a quasi magic involved feat. Spears, javelins, throwing axes, etc… seem more problematic. Couldn't they be approached more like ammo? Certainly you'd be able to carry/equip less than arrows? but be of somewhat less range and do (maybe) more damage.

I am not sure how much more problematic that would be though, maybe requiring different kinds of carriers(quivers) and such…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
You have the luxury of writing off endless daggers because Star Knife is a quasi magic involved feat. Spears, javelins, throwing axes, etc… seem more problematic. Couldn't they be approached more like ammo? Certainly you'd be able to carry/equip less than arrows? but be of somewhat less range and do (maybe) more damage.

I am not sure how much more problematic that would be though, maybe requiring different kinds of carriers(quivers) and such…

It would probably be pretty easy to set them up as ammo, but arrows and charges feel pretty good though of as a minor cost that's used up with each attack. Arrows break, charges are drained. These kinds of weapons would be kind of expensive to lose one after each attack. That said, we might still be able to leverage the system somehow.
Bringslite
As far as "what to do first, after enchanting", I hope that some serious consideration will be put into increasing the player base, However that has to be done.

I am aware that changing "price models" is a pretty serious thing, especially if it involves decreasing over all cost to players. It is easy to reduce prices while it can be a "crap storm" of massive scale to increase prices for MMOs. Not to mention that you have to be pretty certain that it will increase your revenue should you decrease individual cost. I get that it is a pretty dicey thing to do.

Not trying to be insensitive to people's employment and I really would not enjoy the whole thing being a failure. On the other hand, I am pretty sure that many more people would play if the cost was not so high. The game needs work but it is not terrible and has the basic functions/routines of a decent game. My feeling about all that is "What do you really have to lose by taking a chance?"
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
We'll certainly have a conversation about pricing options after enchanting ships, since out of all the things on Lisa's list from Gen Con it's the one most in need of discussion before we can decide where to prioritize it. But yeah, it's complicated to get that right, so we're holding off until we can really focus on that conversation.
Bringslite
Bob
We'll certainly have a conversation about pricing options after enchanting ships, since out of all the things on Lisa's list from Gen Con it's the one most in need of discussion before we can decide where to prioritize it. But yeah, it's complicated to get that right, so we're holding off until we can really focus on that conversation.
Great news! Thx, Bob. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post