Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Fallacy! ;)

Bringslite
You are a Troll
This is the kinds of wealth I am referring to that the AA have that is nigh insurmountable. Add in the 1,000,000+ bulk and this game needs a wipe desperately when OE is ready.

Schedim
But some days I think a wipe is the only way to get this working, so I'm entirely sure. I guess it comes down to how easy it is to redistribute the wealth. perhaps it should be an mechanism to steal of the excessively rich? If a outpost/Vault/whatever is literally bursting with stuff perhaps a Rogue could be able to siphon of a bit of it? Could also be a NPC thing, having the Bandits appear in hexes with "too much" and around very rich settlements and affecting the generation of Bulk. (that the NPC enemies don't affect the world in any way other being targets for idle murder sprees is a big failing in my opinion). I think the Bandits (etc) should steal Bulk and hide (with some loss of course) it in Treasure chests that could be found (perhaps with maps/quests handed out at the Vault).
Not to steal into Rich's thread (so moved here) but both the Myth that there is too much wealth hoarded and that there is too much Bulk Resource hoarded (and settlements are unassailable) is kind of a fallacy. As is the belief that a wipe, say for OE, is needed because of those specific reasons.
If a wipe is needed it is simply because of the selfishness of new players that will want all things equal when they Start Playing a new game. That is impossible simply because a "persistent" game can't be restarted every 6 months and still be persistent.
Not that your ideas for redistributing wealth are bad, just that wiping won't really solve anything except outside perception and "maybe" draw more players according to their ideas of what is fair. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Azure_Zero
I agree with Brings
No Wipe, and I ain't rich in game.
And What was part of our subs, Oh Right, XP and that XP would need to be transferred over after the Wipe or GW would loose their MOST LOYAL players for a small chance at gaining slightly more long term players, and to top it off the settlements given in the land rush was to seed the world so not everyone was in ONE area of the freakingly large map.

Both Talonguard and Corbenik are not even +3 Settlements and I work my to upgrade them, and those that Upgraded to +5 Already would be VERY CHEESED that they have to start ALL over again, GW would be Losing more for doing the Wipe then keeping it.

Anyone who calls for a wipe does not get the meaning of the word "persistent" in persistent game.

If you want Wealth Distribution, Ask Bob to focus on the fixes for; Feud Mechanics(Locking all the Holding's Holding vaults the second a feud is pending only being removed when it ends), Raid Mechanics (Fix the rep hits that happen before server down), Capture Mechanics (Transfer Every Vault and ALL its contents to Attack on success), Settlement and Holding Hex security costs, Settlement support Level Costs … etc.
NightmareSr
If there are older players (T3 fighters and such) that need coin and/or something to do, I wouldn't mind paying/trading for some gusher backup or protection during the week when I am barely T2 rogue currently. I past up 4 gushers just last night cause I didn't want the stress of doing the solo. I did 2 solo yesterday but lost the kits after about 120 mats.
I love the fact that some of the older players have a lot of coin, cause they will pay me well for mats, so in turn I wouldn't mind teaming up with an older player who doesn't want to gather or craft. I think it would be similar for lots of new players, it is nice having higher level players around to drastically speed up new player progress.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Schedim
I think (hope) Brigs are right, and I do think that the seed money that the ultra-rich have is a good way to kick start the game at OE. But there are thing to be aware of to keep the gatekeeping-ghost away.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bringslite
Well like all things, it is really just my opinion here. Paizo can end up doing whatever it needs to do. I have a feeling that they wouldn't wipe out all traces of all we have accomplished/earned (character wise). At the very least though I have no idea how they could match/replace having built all those buildings we have crafted!

Barbarian horde with laser rifles and Killbot henchmen? smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Schedim
Yeah, a lot would be lost, but as you say, it will come down to, in the end, how Pazio want to market the OE as.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
You are a Troll
I disagree and think that having a few dozen people who can pay any price for anything is not good for the fledgling economy (once it starts when there are more people around) and the insane stockpiles of bulk are not good for the game in any way, shape or form. GW/Paizo should declare any settlement without a certain base-line population of active accounts/toons as a dead settlement and shut it down, wipe its vaults, and make it available for capture by new players. Force us old grognard players to consolidate into fewer settlements.

Or just wipe everything but leave the xp and the buildings in those (much) fewer more populated *old-timer* settlements.
Azure_Zero
You are a Troll
I disagree and think that having a few dozen people who can pay any price for anything is not good for the fledgling economy (once it starts when there are more people around) and the insane stockpiles of bulk are not good for the game in any way, shape or form. GW/Paizo should declare any settlement without a certain base-line population of active accounts/toons as a dead settlement and shut it down, wipe its vaults, and make it available for capture by new players. Force us old grognard players to consolidate into fewer settlements.

Or just wipe everything but leave the XP and the buildings in those (much) fewer more populated *old-timer* settlements.

If they Do a Wipe of anything, it'll Need to be EVERYBODY who is effected, no Exceptions.
A Lower Pop settlement building itself up is doing the same or More work to build up their settlement then the large Pop settlements.

If you want Bulk and Coin to be Hit, then focus on the fixes for; Feud Mechanics(Locking all the Holding's Holding vaults the second a feud is pending only being removed when it ends), Raid Mechanics (Fix the rep hits that happen before server down), Capture Mechanics (Transfer Every Vault and ALL its contents to Attack on success), Settlement and Holding Hex security costs, Increase Settlement support Level Costs … etc.

These would fix that problem in game slowly without the need for a wipe.
As lazy settlements may soon find out they have been running on reserves for a few weeks and start needing to make some changes.
Bringslite
You are a Troll

Or just wipe everything but leave the xp and the buildings in those (much) fewer more populated *old-timer* settlements.
Well they could go that route if they really felt that they have to. As far as I can tell though, the REASONS that you want them to go that route are not good enough reasons to do so. Siege mechanics are pretty well designed to reduce Bulk stockpiles. If you can figure out the math you can see that. Also Bulk IS being reduced because costs of support have been risen to treat those stockpiles. Coin? Well coin is pretty easy to get so that is what really needs to be treated rather than the fact that some players (who play escalations regularly) are able to get it and need to be punished for that.
These are problems that there are not enough players, in general, so that these resources are more divided among the base. Wiping won't fix this even if it were a problem. It will just become one again and again…

Besides, if there were going to be a wipe, why should we (whatever is left) be paying AAA MMO price to be playing this game at all?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
Bringslite
You are a Troll

Well they could go that route if they really felt that they have to. As far as I can tell though, the REASONS that you want them to go that route are not good enough reasons to do so. Siege mechanics are pretty well designed to reduce Bulk stockpiles. If you can figure out the math you can see that. Also Bulk IS being reduced because costs of support have been risen to treat those stockpiles. Coin? Well coin is pretty easy to get so that is what really needs to be treated rather than the fact that some players (who play escalations regularly) are able to get it and need to be punished for that.
These are problems that there are not enough players, in general, so that these resources are more divided among the base. Wiping won't fix this even if it were a problem. It will just become one again and again…

Besides, if there were going to be a wipe, why should we (whatever is left) be paying AAA MMO price to be playing this game at all?

Very good question.

Having accumulated effectively *infinite gold* by amassing dozens and dozens of platinum by doing escalations for years with little to no population, and so little to no competition for them, is not how an economy should be started. These people can buy anything at any price without blinking an eye, which could set prices for the best equipment and most sought after goods artificially high.

Go take a peek in the settlement upkeep vaults, or personal vaults, of these very same people and you will see stockpiles of Bulk that will never be dented by even years and years of running at the new +5 everything cost for settlements. None of these settlements are ever going to be sieged - its way too cumbersome and difficult an endeavor to even begin to fathom and way to easy to circumvent by knocking out the *supply line* or knocking out a single siege engine. So, your magic siege Math is never going to dent these bulk stockpiles becasue its never going to happen. That idea alone would be enough to make any new player not want to bother even trying the game. The game needs a vault wipe - all vaults, all contents, all coin - and you can keep your precious XP that you paid for - if it is ever going to have a chance at attracting enough players to reach critical mass.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post