Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A foundation for the future

malmuerta
A loud cheer when up from the free burgher of Oak Knoll as the capstone was put in place on their new Stone Keep. It was less than six short weeks ago the settlement charter had been signed by the same folk assembled today. They had worked tirelessly all those weeks, crafting their keep in Aragon and then hauling it stone by stone down to Oak Knoll. In order to give a solid foundation to their claim on these lands. what better than a massive stone keep to warn others they were not to be trifled with.
The following day, after everyone sobered up, the had to decide what was their next step. As it stands today, Oak Knoll is not much more than this new, massive keep, a tavern and stout building that served as a bank and a warehouse. "What next?", was the question on everyone's lips.

Please drop by to admire Oak Knoll's new +5 Keep. Support for the settlement will go up to level 20.
NightmareSr
Wow congrats, I'll have to stop by on my travels. You guys sure are moving fast.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Schedim
Cool! I pass by now and then, and I will certainly stand and adimre it for a while! Impressive work!!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
harneloot
Well done good sir, well done! smile
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Schedim
After checking the recipes I'm just stunned, how the frakkk do you craft a +4 building? and even more so a +5? the refined stuff goes to +3, and sometimes you get a +4 … How do you reach +5

An awful lot of +3 stuff sitting the in the vaults?
Do the chance go up (a lot) for higher crafting skill?

Am I missing something (I probably are)…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You are a Troll
You can *buy* a chance at a higher + refine by using Azoth. You can assure a higher + crafted item by using Azoth. Check the store here for prices on Azoth. Without purchasing Azoth (or selling in game stuff for it like Bringslite has done) I do not think anyone would have a +5 building with today's low low low population.
Schedim
Ah, Azoth! Of course, I have even bougth some to test it out.

There must be an ungodly large heap to boost it up to +5 …… what a dedication!
Azure_Zero
Congrats, Oak Knoll.
Impressive it went up so fast.
malmuerta
Schedim
Ah, Azoth! Of course, I have even bougth some to test it out.

There must be an ungodly large heap to boost it up to +5 …… what a dedication!

The crafters and refiners that combined together to make this happen are all at level 20. All of the material refined for this project is tier 1, and I did use some Azoth to bump up my changes to get a +4 or +5 from the refine. [Very cheap for T1] When you use Azoth like this you basically triple your chance for a +4, (%5 ->15%) or +5 (.5% -> 1.5%). You'll get the same results if you just gather and refine 3 times the raw mats.
The +4 keep is possible with 50/50 +3 & +4 sub components. You can get those +4 sub components from 50/50 +3 & +4 refines. As you can see from this multiplier effect that a +4 keep is made from mostly +3 material.
The same rules apply for the +5 keep, but if you are in a hurry, you can push the last bit of the craft bar up to +5 with added Azoth. As a Tier 2 craft, the Azoth gets more costly but a trade off you can make if you want to reduce the gathering and refining required.

In case any of you were wondering, the Oak Knoll team started work on Cathedral of Freedom today.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post