Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Test version of EE 16 deployed to Zog

Bob
Schedim
Bob, when will you reveal your masterpiece to us? I'm of course talking about the recipes (actually it would be more fun if I didn't see them as I love the discovery aspect OTH I'm dying of curiosity over here). I'm especially curious about what recipes going to be common and what stuff they will require…

Technically, the recipes are all available in the settlement vaults on Zog, so it's possible to learn any of them you'd like and check them out. Obviously not the easiest way to check them out, and won't tell you which Spellcraft ones are common, so I do plan on posting them to the public spreadsheet soon. It does take a bit of work to adapt the actual spreadsheets to the public ones for posting, so I want to wait until I'm sure everything's as close to final as possible rather than having to post multiple times. I do plan to change a small number of the item/stock names before shipping, so I know there are at least some changes pending from what's on Zog, but those specific changes will only affect the names. I'll try to post them after those changes are in so you can all take a look and make comments.
You are a Troll
Bob
Schedim
Bob, when will you reveal your masterpiece to us? I'm of course talking about the recipes (actually it would be more fun if I didn't see them as I love the discovery aspect OTH I'm dying of curiosity over here). I'm especially curious about what recipes going to be common and what stuff they will require…

Technically, the recipes are all available in the settlement vaults on Zog, so it's possible to learn any of them you'd like and check them out. Obviously not the easiest way to check them out, and won't tell you which Spellcraft ones are common, so I do plan on posting them to the public spreadsheet soon. It does take a bit of work to adapt the actual spreadsheets to the public ones for posting, so I want to wait until I'm sure everything's as close to final as possible rather than having to post multiple times. I do plan to change a small number of the item/stock names before shipping, so I know there are at least some changes pending from what's on Zog, but those specific changes will only affect the names. I'll try to post them after those changes are in so you can all take a look and make comments.

Why not update Goblinary instead of the public spreadsheet so its actually useful/usuable to the player base?
Bob
You are a Troll
Why not update Goblinary instead of the public spreadsheet so its actually useful/usuable to the player base?

Goblinary gets its updates by scraping the public spreadsheets, so updating those is always the first step. After that, it's up to Goblinary's owners to do the scraping.
You are a Troll
That's baffling to me that it falls upon the player base to code, care for and *scrape* together a site that makes PFO actually playable. Why isn't this something that GW/Paizo takes care of?

Is Nihimon and/or Duffy still running Goblinary? Neither of those people even play this game any more! smile
Bob
You are a Troll
That's baffling to me that it falls upon the player base to code, care for and *scrape* together a site that makes PFO actually playable. Why isn't this something that GW/Paizo takes care of?

We've always intended to eventually improve access to this kind of information, but that effort has to be prioritized against all the other things we could be working on. Putting the data out on the public spreadsheets was a compromise, giving everyone access to valuable information but not requiring too much work/maintenance on our part. That allowed us to focus on other development efforts, and wait on things like this until the underlying game is solid enough that the educational tools aren't constantly trying to keep up with major game changes, turning ongoing maintenance into a major time sink.

We're extremely glad that players have taken it upon themselves to build various third-party tools taking advantage of the public data, and even happier that they've shared some of those tools with the world. We could certainly take on some of that work ourselves, but the initial work would slow down other efforts, and then ongoing maintenance would probably just slow us down in general. At some point, that kind of work will rise to the top and we'll start tackling it, but at least up until now we've felt that it was more important to focus on things like Enchanting and other features. As things stabilize, efforts like this will become more feasible and have less competition for priority.
Bringslite
Edit: moved to Here
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Congrats on getting a Proto up, Bob and Gang! It is nice to see movement forward. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Turns out the Spellcraft recipes aren't properly categorized, so when they're put in a vault, they show up under Misc. On the plus side, that makes them easier to find for the moment, since that category is much less crowded. Should be an easy fix.
Bob
On another note, for those trying to see what gathering enchanting mats is like, be warned that it can be tricky to figure out which node types offer enchanting mats at each tier. In particular, T3 is generally only offered at one node type per hex, and it might be a node type that doesn't typically offer T3 mats in that hex.

Also, be warned that the odds for gathering a T3 enchanting mat are generally lower than the odds for gathering a T3 standard mat, so you'll usually have to gather from a pretty good number of the right node type before getting one. Fortunately, the enchanting recipes don't typically call for huge numbers of ingredients, making each mat you do gather pretty valuable.
You are a Troll
Hey Bob - can you enchant ONLY 20/20 durability items or does durability not matter?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post