Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Encumbrance

NightmareSr
I tend to bite off more than I can carry, but that is my own fault. I think I have checked everywhere and haven't seen a number value for my character's encumbrance. With everything else that is listed on the handy character sheet, why is there no encumbrance value listed? Also could it be added at some point? Something like X/X encumbered would be very useful or even just the max.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Azure_Zero
You can get Encumbrance bonuses at; the FreeHolder (encumbrance bonus), FreeHolder Armour Feats (there are 3 of them), Freeholder defensive (Strong Back), and The Strength Domain (doesn't stack with Strong Back).
OrinSonders
I agree it would be nice to have it on the character sheet, but you can figure it out by stripping everything off your character and loading up your inventory with 1.0 unit weight items until your bottom bar is filled. What you can carry also depends upon the armor you wear and feats slotted, so figure it again in your favorite gathering armor.
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
You can get Encumbrance bonuses at; the FreeHolder (encumbrance bonus), FreeHolder Armour Feats (there are 3 of them), Freeholder defensive (Strong Back), and The Strength Domain (doesn't stack with Strong Back).
Yep, I just thought it would helpful to see the total and/or see the number values istead of just the little bar at the bottom of the inventory window.
OrinSonders
I agree it would be nice to have it on the character sheet, but you can figure it out by stripping everything off your character and loading up your inventory with 1.0 unit weight items until your bottom bar is filled. What you can carry also depends upon the armor you wear and feats slotted, so figure it again in your favorite gathering armor.
Yeah just a bit of a hassle to put a bunch of items in inventory just to see what my character can carry.
Basically I just found it odd that all other feats have a number value on the character sheet (and change based on slotted feats/armor) but no Encumbrance listed with a value. Feels like Freeholders are just an after thought. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Schedim
NightmareSr
Yeah just a bit of a hassle to put a bunch of items in inventory just to see what my character can carry.
Basically I just found it odd that all other feats have a number value on the character sheet (and change based on slotted feats/armor) but no Encumbrance listed with a value. Feels like Freeholders are just an after thought. smile

I completetly agree, either it should be numbers showing in all places or no places, it just gets irritating when it is missing in a few (critical places). Especially as it goes up and down depending on different equipment/talent choices. I really want to optimize my encumbrance, but it gets so annoying shifting things in and out and trying to match the encumbrance bar or adding up the numbers you can get from various popups.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
We've got a bug filed to add those numbers somewhere, and it's not particularly hard to do so. It's sadly in line behind a whole bunch of other relatively easy individual fixes, but we'll get to it at some point.
malmuerta
The good news is that your Enchantment points will show up in the bottom corner of your paperdoll right under your boots. You get an easy to understand Enchantment points: XX/XXX display. I was happy when I found that, Bob, Thanks!
Edam
Bob
We've got a bug filed to add those numbers somewhere, and it's not particularly hard to do so. It's sadly in line behind a whole bunch of other relatively easy individual fixes, but we'll get to it at some point.

The ones that seem to particularly annoy new players over the years are:
  1. if they apply to the wrong company or change their mind there seems no way to confirm what company they actually applied for and no way to withdraw the application manually
  2. new players tend to randomly train a batch of weapons but they have no way to see what weapon feats they have trained without slotting every weapon in the game to test it
Schedim
Edam
new players tend to randomly train a batch of weapons but they have no way to see what weapon feats they have trained without slotting every weapon in the game to test it

Yeah that window really, I mean really needs a filter, like "current equipped" and the various weapon groups etc.
Running between trainers and and searching through all the options gets old quite fast. With similar names and icons it is sometimes bewildering….
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post