Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Gushers Suck

Kenton Stone
Gushers are sucking all the achievement points from my gatherers. It seems whenever I go to gather I get a gusher between 1-10 pulls in the hex. Sometimes it is what I was focusing on, sometimes not.

As can be seen from the following chart we are all very familiar with. It takes 8000 points to finish level 10

Achievement      Points
Midden Digger 1	 10
Midden Digger 2	 20
Midden Digger 3	 50
Midden Digger 4	 100
Midden Digger 5	 250
Midden Digger 6	 500
Midden Digger 7	 1250
Midden Digger 8	 2500
Midden Digger 9	 6250
Midden Digger 10 8000

Monsters can be found in groups of up to 8 or more each monster getting you potentially multiple achievement points, Weapon, type of monster killed, escalation quest, etc. while gathering you only ever get one point at a time, making it a grueling ordeal to gain all 10 levels of a gathering achievement.

Gushers rub your face in it, every one of my gatherers have by now gained achievement level 10 in over 5 weapons as I have to defend my gushers, netting around 175 kills per gusher.

Now don't get me wrong I love gushers but I walk away with 400-475 resources and having spent around an hour after finding it, getting a kit and hauling it back to somewhere having only gained between 1 and 10 gathering achievement points and 170+ Kill achievement points.

Can we get some gathering achievement points for doing gushers please, getting to level 17 for enchantment gathering is going to be horrible at this rate.

Kenton Stone
P.S. Yes I know the subject was click bait.
malmuerta
Even one point per wave defended against would be nice. But more mats pour into the box every 4 seconds or so. How about a point for that? That would be SWEET!
NightmareSr
I personally like the way that a single character has to actually collect a single node for 1 of the 8000 needed for the achievement. The kills can be accrued by party kills and killing groups of monsters so it gives some diversity to the achievements. I have been playing for about 3 months and am working towards level 9 already on all 4 gathering achievements. Some achievements being hard and some being easy gives a good variety I think.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
Gushers are so rewarding in their own way that I wouldn't want to give out too many gathering achievement points on top. That said, 1 point per wave could be reasonable, much less than you'd likely gain if you'd been gathering individual nodes during that time, but also much more than you get from a single node. I'll file a feature request to look into it.
Maxen
Personally, as grueling as it is to get to level 10 gathering, I’ve always considered it a fair trade off. There is zero risk in gathering, aside from maybe gathering too close to a mob and aggroing them. Or the even less occasion of running into a PvP situation. Gushers definitely made it worse, only in the fact that you often stop gathering to work a gusher you want. Now that having gathering above level 14 is important, I find myself skipping gushers, as painful as that is just to get the points.

I don’t necessarily agree that there need to be more gathering achievement points because I feel it is balanced. But I wouldn’t complain if there were a few more given in some uber balanced way.
Edam
If your after achievements just ignore the gusher and carry on gathering.

Bob
Gushers are so rewarding in their own way that I wouldn't want to give out too many gathering achievement points on top. That said, 1 point per wave could be reasonable, much less than you'd likely gain if you'd been gathering individual nodes during that time, but also much more than you get from a single node. I'll file a feature request to look into it.

It would make more sense to make the successful completion of a gusher a separate new achievement that ranks up independently (albeit rather slowly).
You are a Troll
You only need to get to achievement level 8 to get to T3 Enchantment level gathering. That is fairly easy, so I don't really see the need to further incentivize gushers.
Bob
Edam
It would make more sense to make the successful completion of a gusher a separate new achievement that ranks up independently (albeit rather slowly).

True, but it's trickier to incorporate that into the prerequisites for gathering ranks, and it does feel like harvesting is demonstrating your worthiness for the next rank somewhat similarly to gathering. I could theoretically say something like "Mineral Gatherer 8, or Mineral Gatherer 7 and Mineral Harvester 3," but could only include 1 or two variants before it gets unwieldy. Not the cleanest option, but it would work.
Edam
Well you could always add relevant harvester ranks as an additional new achievement needed to get higher ranks of gatherer over and above the current gathering achievements smile

… not sure if that would exactly be a popular move though smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post