Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 16 Release Notes

Maxen
The Goblinary is a user created tool. The player who took it over from the original creators no longer plays, as far as I know. Unless someone has his contact info, I doubt we will ever see it updated again. We need someone to take it over. I would offer, but I’m not at all familiar with whatever software or code the Goblinary is the written in and I’m not a programmer.

All of the information can be found on the wiki that Bob updates, but that is in no way a user friendly format and nearly useless when compared to the functionality of the Goblinary.
Bob
Edam
On an unrelated note.

Since the new patch we seem to have lost the "quantity" notification in the craft window. Previously you got a notification like "Steel Ingots +2 (5)" on your queued items. Now the (5) is missing. The correct quantities are still output when the job finishes but the notification is missing.

Is this working as expected or a bug ?

I actually don't remember the quantity information being visible, but we did make some changes to that UI to show the enchanted names correctly and could very well have unintentionally removed it. I'll file a bug to look into it.
You are a Troll
Maxen
The Goblinary is a user created tool. The player who took it over from the original creators no longer plays, as far as I know. Unless someone has his contact info, I doubt we will ever see it updated again. We need someone to take it over. I would offer, but I’m not at all familiar with whatever software or code the Goblinary is the written in and I’m not a programmer.

All of the information can be found on the wiki that Bob updates, but that is in no way a user friendly format and nearly useless when compared to the functionality of the Goblinary.

This is an SUPER serious problem. I would like to know how Goblin Works/Paizo plans on addressing this?
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Maxen

This is an SUPER serious problem. I would like to know how Goblin Works/Paizo plans on addressing this?
I would have to agree that some sort of centralized collective "Omni Manual" is going to have to be important before trying to seriously sell this game to the public. It is past time for at least an ever evolving proto type. Yeah the game will be changing, so build it with that problem in mind.

A serious and sensible terminology pass would be a great start.

We also have to remember that there are a trillion things to improve and to implement left to do. Each of these trillion things are pretty major prpjects that are going to require lots of time and effort. That has got to be a massive project, in itself, to put onto paper as a flow chart. This isn't going to be accomplished in only a year or two. Not with the methods that seem to be the only options for getting them done.

At the same time, even a shakey visible pathway that the Fans can see, is good for morale. That came at Gen Con from Lisa. More details are always interesting though! As are assurances that ALL avenues are being explored (thoroughly) to find better, faster, smarter ways to get done what needs done. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
As much as we love the goblinary and want to make sure all the info it provides is easy for all of you to access, we have to balance any efforts in that direction against other features and improvements we could be working on. The priorities Lisa laid out at Gen Con are where we feel our efforts are best focused for now, both because they're the most important things we can do for the game right now and because they're things we've got particularly promising opportunities to take advantage of in the short-term. As things progress, we may alter those plans, but for now we're not in a good position to do much more than keep the public spreadsheets updated as best we can. We will definitely keep an eye on things though and adjust our plans accordingly.
Bob
There's a new Recipes (Enchanting) tab in the public spreadsheets.

The column for Valid Enchant Groups tells you which types of items can be enchanted with that recipe. Next trick on that front is add a column to all the items themselves stating which Enchant Groups those items qualify for, but you can probably guess pretty accurately on that for most items just based on the Enchant Group names.

The stocks the enchanting recipes call for are often just the name of the only item matching that stock, or are close enough to those names to figure them out pretty easily, but not all of them are so straight-forward. I'll work on getting tabs in for all the raw materials and salvage items (both new and old) that list their stock info.
Schedim
Bob
There's a new Recipes (Enchanting) tab in the public spreadsheets.

The column for Valid Enchant Groups tells you which types of items can be enchanted with that recipe. Next trick on that front is add a column to all the items themselves stating which Enchant Groups those items qualify for, but you can probably guess pretty accurately on that for most items just based on the Enchant Group names.

The stocks the enchanting recipes call for are often just the name of the only item matching that stock, or are close enough to those names to figure them out pretty easily, but not all of them are so straight-forward. I'll work on getting tabs in for all the raw materials and salvage items (both new and old) that list their stock info.

Whohooo! Thanks Bob, time to dive into it and try to figure out what to make from all the odd bits I have found and what to trade for, and with what… smile
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
NightmareSr
Bob, you have mentioned that it takes time to format and populate the public spreadsheet. I am curious if the more raw or un-formatted version could be deciphered by some of us easy enough and might be worth sharing to speed up your delivery of the info?
Might not be a great idea but was trying to think of ways to eliminate work on your end.
Oh also the Feat Achievement tab will need the Freeholder and Expert added eventually. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Bob
We have a new build up on Zog that fixes a few issues with EE 16. We're planning to deploy this build to Live tomorrow morning (Thursday, December 6) during Daily Maintenance (9 AM Pacific). It's basically just a hotfix, so we're not assigning a formal release number to it. We'll be doing some more testing on it today, but it's holding up well so far and the actual code changes are pretty isolated and straight-forward. It's available for anyone to take a look at it today. Let me know if you spot any problems.

Here's a list of the changes:

• There were a few cases where bits of the Auction House UI didn't re-initialize their enchantment info when switching between items, causing them to show the enchantment information from an item that was being looked at before. Those cases have been cleaned up to make sure the enchantment information shown is for the currently selected item.
  • There was a specific case where a bid would go through even though the enchantment state requested in the bid (whether for no enchantment or for a specific enchantment) didn't match the enchantment state of the item being offered for sale. That's been closed up and bids will only go through for perfect matches.
Bob
NightmareSr
Bob, you have mentioned that it takes time to format and populate the public spreadsheet. I am curious if the more raw or un-formatted version could be deciphered by some of us easy enough and might be worth sharing to speed up your delivery of the info?
Might not be a great idea but was trying to think of ways to eliminate work on your end.

When everything in a particular internal spreadsheet is acceptable for public consumption, it's a pretty easy copy/paste to add that to the public spreadsheet. The only real slowdown there is that there are just so many tabs in the public spreadsheet at this point. Perhaps we could automate the process a bit more, but it works pretty well for now in those cases.

Unfortunately, in many cases the internal spreadsheets have information mixed in that we don't want made public. Sometimes that's data that's still in development and not actually in-game yet, and other times stating it publicly would just take some much-needed mystery out of the game. In those cases, much of the formatting is just stripping those things out.

There's a mid-ground of cases where the data in the internal spreadsheet is set up in a way that makes it easier for the game to understand, but harder for us poor humans to read. Those are the cases where maybe I could just go ahead and release the information without processing it. Fortunately, I can usually automate those cases reasonably quickly, which is something I also do for stripping out information we just plain want to hide. That usually involves a small time investment upfront the first time that tab gets added, and some later time when things change enough to break the automation, but once that's done it's again just a copy/paste to get the new info up on the public spreadsheet. It also usually doesn't take me much longer to figure out a way to automatically convert the information to something easy to read than it would to simply explain how the raw data works.

Someday we'll devote some time to automating more of this process, but for now it's probably about as efficient as it can be.

NightmareSr
Oh also the Feat Achievement tab will need the Freeholder and Expert added eventually. smile

Yup, one of the other things I'll need to do is basically walk through the Release Notes and see which other items involve changes or additions that need to be reflected in the public spreadsheet. The huge enchanting additions were an obvious starting point, but it's easy to miss the smaller changes without doing a more methodical check through the notes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post