Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 16 Release Notes

You are a Troll
Schedim
You are a Troll
Goblinary: searchable; filterable; hyperinked throughout

Public Spreadsheet: a morass of tabs and column headings and cells and scrolling to the right that won't even fit on a very large screen

And you think Goblinary just appeared out of thin air?

Nope. It was created by Nihimon back when PFO was full of promise and hopes were high and talented people did a lot of free work to help make the game understandable (let alone playable). Thorgrim made PFOStorehouse, Harad made PFOAtlas, etc. We don't have any of those people around any more (except Harad I think) but that doesn't change the fact that many MORE people would have stopped playing the game long ago without at least the Goblinary to refer to.
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Schedim
You are a Troll
Goblinary: searchable; filterable; hyperinked throughout

Public Spreadsheet: a morass of tabs and column headings and cells and scrolling to the right that won't even fit on a very large screen

And you think Goblinary just appeared out of thin air?

Nope. It was created by Nihimon back when PFO was full of promise and hopes were high and talented people did a lot of free work to help make the game understandable (let alone playable). Thorgrim made PFOStorehouse, Harad made PFOAtlas, etc. We don't have any of those people around any more (except Harad I think) but that doesn't change the fact that many MORE people would have stopped playing the game long ago without at least the Goblinary to refer to.
Yeah, if you want to see fan enthusiast apps, databases, guides, things like that you need not just an enthusiastic fan base but a certain undefined critical mass of players. Bigger fan base means bigger RL skill pools.

If they can't farm out for the talent to create good game guides (because money), I wish that they would offer contests or something with in-game rewards for players to take on some of the projects. They have answered that it is too problematical to do either or they believe it "might" be but honestly I wish they would just look into it so they could tell us why it isn't realistic to do some things like that… A contract with specifics defined is still a contract in WA state, isn't it?

Feels like much more progress could be made if the Dev Team got some help on the more mundane data collation/presentation stuff.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
NightmareSr
Bob, could you add filters to all the tabs in the public spreadsheet? Since we all just have view access we have to copy the values out to be able to add filters, but I think if the filters were already there we would be able to filter the individual columns on the various tabs.
Should be a quick change and I think that would add value?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Bob
Bringslite
If they can't farm out for the talent to create good game guides (because money), I wish that they would offer contests or something with in-game rewards for players to take on some of the projects. They have answered that it is too problematical to do either or they believe it "might" be but honestly I wish they would just look into it so they could tell us why it isn't realistic to do some things like that… A contract with specifics defined is still a contract in WA state, isn't it?

Feels like much more progress could be made if the Dev Team got some help on the more mundane data collation/presentation stuff.

A contract is indeed a contract, but sometimes it turns out later that it shouldn't have been a contract in the first place and therefore isn't one anymore. Just look at some of the complexity around whether or not someone has to be treated as an employee or an independent contractor or whatnot, and how many times those distinctions get challenged years later. It's very risky to dive into these less-standard options without the proper due diligence, a lot of which involves paying lawyers to tell you what you can and can't do, and to write all that up in the appropriate legalese.

I can't really go into much detail on any of the specific issues around the possibilities mentioned above, other than to say we do regularly consider variants of them and haven't yet identified an opportunity that looked promising enough to be worth the time/money investment in setting it up properly. If we do identify one and figure out a way to move forward, we'll definitely try to take advantage of it.
Bob
NightmareSr
Bob, could you add filters to all the tabs in the public spreadsheet? Since we all just have view access we have to copy the values out to be able to add filters, but I think if the filters were already there we would be able to filter the individual columns on the various tabs.

I tried a quick experiment and added filters to the Physical Attacks tab. Let me know if that lets you filter things with only view access. If so, I can sweep through and add them to the other tabs.
Bob
Bob
We have a new build up on Zog that fixes a few issues with EE 16. We're planning to deploy this build to Live tomorrow morning (Thursday, December 6) during Daily Maintenance (9 AM Pacific). It's basically just a hotfix, so we're not assigning a formal release number to it. We'll be doing some more testing on it today, but it's holding up well so far and the actual code changes are pretty isolated and straight-forward. It's available for anyone to take a look at it today. Let me know if you spot any problems.

Here's a list of the changes:

• There were a few cases where bits of the Auction House UI didn't re-initialize their enchantment info when switching between items, causing them to show the enchantment information from an item that was being looked at before. Those cases have been cleaned up to make sure the enchantment information shown is for the currently selected item.
  • There was a specific case where a bid would go through even though the enchantment state requested in the bid (whether for no enchantment or for a specific enchantment) didn't match the enchantment state of the item being offered for sale. That's been closed up and bids will only go through for perfect matches.

And this build is now live. I'll remove the warning about bids from the Release Notes shortly.
Schedim
Bob
NightmareSr

I tried a quick experiment and added filters to the Physical Attacks tab. Let me know if that lets you filter things with only view access. If so, I can sweep through and add them to the other tabs.

The only thing I notice that differs between Physical Attacks and the other sheets is a different colour, I couldn't activate any other filters than on the other sheets…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
Schedim
Bob
NightmareSr

The only thing I notice that differs between Physical Attacks and the other sheets is a different colour, I couldn't activate any other filters than on the other sheets…

Okay, I checked into this a little more and it looks like the actual Filters are only available to those with edit permissions. However, there's a thing called Filter Views that looks like it will do the trick, although the filter views are only temporary if you just have View access.

Just go to the tab you want to filter, then click on Data/Filter Views/Create New Temporary Filter View. You can now filter that tab to your heart's content, but the filtering is only visible to you, and won't be saved when you close the spreadsheet.
NightmareSr
Bob
Schedim
Bob
NightmareSr

Okay, I checked into this a little more and it looks like the actual Filters are only available to those with edit permissions. However, there's a thing called Filter Views that looks like it will do the trick, although the filter views are only temporary if you just have View access.

Just go to the tab you want to filter, then click on Data/Filter Views/Create New Temporary Filter View. You can now filter that tab to your heart's content, but the filtering is only visible to you, and won't be saved when you close the spreadsheet.
Yep, I have done that before but it means another page loading wait for each tab so sort of annoying.
Thanks for trying Bob, too bad it didn't show us filters when you added them to your view. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Bob
I've added two tabs to the end of the public spreadsheet, Enchanting Salvage and Enchanting Raw, listing the new salvage and gatherable raw materials for enchanting. For each item, I've listed the item name, tier, and the 1-2 stocks the item matches. I'll get the standard salvage and raw material items listed at some point, but those are a little trickier for me to filter down to just the items in-game. Don't want to give away too many secrets yet.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post