Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 16 Release Notes

Bob
Schedim
Edam
Just saying … the wiki descriptions for banes make no sense to me. Take Elf bane as a random example:

Base Attack Bonus +[3 + (ItemPlus * 3)] if Target is Elf if Attacker is not Elf, Base Damage +[1 + (ItemPlus * 1)] if Target is Elf if Attacker is not Elf

The two conditionals seem identical. Same issue for most bane attacks.

Of course they are identical, just applied to different things; Attack and Damage. It could be written better tho, but I guess they are scraped and not edited.

Correct, the official version can only apply one result for a given set of conditions, so I have to include the conditionals twice where there are two results. In some cases I've done some editing to make the public spreadsheet version shorter and more readable, and could probably do a little more for the bane ones. That said, they're technically accurate as is (Base Attack Bonus goes up if the conditionals are met, and Base Damage goes up if the identical conditionals are met), they're just a bit repetitive.
Schedim
As I'm tinkering with a tool that will scrape info from the spreadsheat I appreciate as little editing as possible and repetition is a lovly pattern to target!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
Schedim
As I'm tinkering with a tool that will scrape info from the spreadsheat I appreciate as little editing as possible and repetition is a lovly pattern to target!

Valid point. I try to keep even the edited versions machine-readable, but the original versions definitely are. I'll see about including both versions.
Edam
OK I see what I was misreading now. My bad.

Next question smile Does the T3+5 regeneration enchantment really only give you 0.9% regeneration (versus 22% with healer armor+regeneration) or am I reading it wrong again ?
Bob
Edam
Does the T3+5 regeneration enchantment really only give you 0.9% regeneration (versus 22% with healer armor+regeneration) or am I reading it wrong again ?

The T3+5 regeneration enchantment actually gives +1.4%, and the top number on the Healer armor feat is +12%, so the difference isn't quite that extreme. In general, the armor feats are pretty powerful and have lots of things to trade off in exchange for that very high regeneration number. That said, there are a lot of assumptions built into the numbers, and we'll revisit those assumptions as we get more data on actual gameplay.
Proma
To be honest 1.4% at +5 seems kinda useless for a peak tier enchantment, much less the +3 people might actually use.
Schedim
My feeling in general is that compared to how frakking difficult it is to piece together each enchantemnet is, there is not much bang for the buck.
None of the lesser enchantments I have looked at is really worth the effort. Protection for instance, gives +1-3-ish on a scale of 100. To get the stuff together you have to really, really grind for hours, if not days. And finding the correct Escalatin, that may or may not be active somewhere in your half of the map, or at all.

It is a very nice system, and I like it, it just that Enchantment effects are completely overshadowed by the rest of the system. T1 is again a total waste of effort, T2 is so fiendeshly difficult to get together in our limited economy it is only a thing to do on a settlement level. That is probably working as intended, but it is not a game for me.

But the weakness of the T1 is a bit of a disappointment to me personally (and it seems the T2 and T3 enchantements are a bit underwhelming too).
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
harneloot
I disagree. I am actually quite happy with how (relatively) easy it was for our group to put together several T1 and T2 enchanted items. I am also quite pleased with the *bumps* they deliver.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Schedim
Yeah, it may just being me trying to solo stuff that not are supposed to be team efforts. But the bump … I may misjudge the numbers … buuuuut …
Maxen
I wasn’t going to say anything until I did more gathering research, but I believe the salvage drop rates need to be looked at. To be clear, I acknowledge that an Enchantment should be special. It should not be easy to make, but there still needs to be a balance in challenge versus playability.

By way of example, I am trying to gather the mats to make a T1+3 Flaming enchantment. After much, much mining I got the Beryl (maybe 1 unit in every 15 to 20 pulls). However, one of the salvage components is Sacrificial Ash (going by memory here) and it appears only the Molochs drop it. So logically, I head to the Moloch home hex. After nearly two hours of grinding mobs, I come away with one unit. I need 38. For a T1+3 Enchantment. Again, it should be challenging/difficult to get the mats, but if Molochs are the only source of Sacrificial Ash and they’re not giving it up in a reasonable quantity, frustration will trump fun.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post