Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Gathering bug mayhaps

Schedim
When trying to gather from a node, the gathering animation starts and goes on for about normal time and then … nothing. No loot window, no message. it has happen to me three times so far, in three different hexes and of three different types of nodes. I think there may be a new bug as I haven't seen exactly this behaviour before.
My speculation is that it has something to do with new mats, because i have only found one new mat so far, and that was together with several other mats, perhaps it is something that happens if there is only new mats in the draw.
Bug reports sent in but I wanted to see if other have seen this too.

Edit: Are we sure the gating is working correctly? i have only found Scavenging stuff so far which I have at level 10 and nothing in the other three (lvl8-9). Could it be something in the lv3-T1 gating logic thats throwing a hissy fit and thus creates the empty loot sometimes? Any sub level 10 gatherers that found stuff yet?
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Kenton Stone
Schedim
When trying to gather from a node, the gathering animation starts and goes on for about normal time and then … nothing. No loot window, no message. it has happen to me three times so far, in three different hexes and of three different types of nodes. I think there may be a new bug as I haven't seen exactly this behavior before.
My speculation is that it has something to do with new mats, because i have only found one new mat so far, and that was together with several other mats, perhaps it is something that happens if there is only new mats in the draw.
Bug reports sent in but I wanted to see if other have seen this too.

Edit: Are we sure the gating is working correctly? i have only found Scavenging stuff so far which I have at level 10 and nothing in the other three (lvl8-9). Could it be something in the lv3-T1 gating logic that's throwing a hissy fit and thus creates the empty loot sometimes? Any sub level 10 gatherers that found stuff yet?

The only time I get no box is when hitting a gusher, other than that it seems fine.
Hex borders can cause it also.

Kenton Stone
harneloot
That happens to me sometimes when I am standing right on the hex border
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Balzar
I have never had this happen to me before, but I had it happen twice today, and yes both times it was on the border between two hexes.

Balzar
Bob
During testing, sometimes I wouldn't get the gathering pop-up after the animation, and I'd have to remind myself to scroll down in the chat window to see if I got a gusher, or I could check the mini-map to see if I suddenly had a gusher selected. We probably need a more obvious notification, likely in the form of a pop-up, since that's what everyone's expecting to get and therefore where everyone's looking.

Hex borders can definitely also be a problem, though I thought that usually resulted in a message that there wasn't anything available to gather at your current gathering rank. Since there were some changes to the gathering logic, mainly to prevent gushers of the new enchanting mats, it's certainly possible that message isn't showing up properly in those circumstances.

If you check your map right after having this problem, you can see how likely it is that the hex border is causing the problem. If you click on Current Hex, you'll be centered on the hex the game officially considers you to be in. If your character is outside that hex's borders, then you're technically in hex A interacting with a node in hex B. We do a lot of fancy footwork to handle combat between entities in hex A and hex B, but we don't yet do any of that for nodes. If this issue is only happening under those circumstances, then we know where to look. I'll also be able to check this for any support tickets filed in-game, since the ticket includes which hex you're technically in and your exact location, so I can pretty easily check to see if you're outside the current hex borders.
Schedim
I have double checked, it is not a missed gusher as i can click on the node again without getting a message. Instead the gathering animation starts again. I think I have had it happen four times and not all of them close to a border (I did a bug ticket each time so Bob should be able to see if the border is the problem).
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Bob
Did a quick check of the locations on those support tickets. All of them were filed just outside the current hex, so I'm pretty sure this is a hex border issue. I'll file a bug report to look into it. In the short-run, we can probably at least provide better messaging. Long-run, we'd like to find a solution that lets you gather at hex borders properly, but that will be a little tricky.

Meanwhile, you should be able to get around the issue by going further into the hex the node is actually in, until Current Hex shows that you've been switched over to that hex. Return to the node and you should be able to gather from it.
Schedim
Ah, good, then it isn't something to do with the new stuff. just a funny coincident that it happened to me for the first time (four times) today. Bha, Murphy your evil bastard!
NightmareSr
I have had it happen like Bob stated for nodes on the border and gotten the misleading error "you do not have the appropriate skill to perform this action" or something like that. It should say, "hey adventurer move further into the hex, you are on the border" smile
But I have also had it like Schedim stated where I am in the hex and the node is in the hex (cause I am inside border by at least 15-30m) but the animation starts and abruptly stops with no error and no pop-up window and no pop-up error text. All I have needed to do is tap W or S to move slightly and then can collect the node like normal.
I can try to submit a ticket in game the next time that happens if that would help @Bob?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
But I have also had it like Schedim stated where I am in the hex and the node is in the hex (cause I am inside border by at least 15-30m) but the animation starts and abruptly stops with no error and no pop-up window and no pop-up error text. All I have needed to do is tap W or S to move slightly and then can collect the node like normal.
I can try to submit a ticket in game the next time that happens if that would help @Bob?

The tricky part here is that you can be pretty far into the hex before we actually move you to that hex's server. That's to keep characters from bouncing repeatedly between servers if they're running along the border. There's basically a buffer zone where it's not always easy to tell which hex server you're on. As a player, the easiest way to be sure you've actually been transferred to the new hex is to check Current Hex on the map and see if your character is just a bit outside the centered hex. My suspicion is that you were almost outside that buffer zone, and moving just slightly got you past the buffer and transferred to the new hex. I can double-check if you submit a ticket, but be sure to submit the ticket while you're still unable to gather so I can see which hex you're technically in while the problem is occurring. If you file a separate one once you are able to gather at that same node, then I can check even more easily by just seeing if the two tickets say you're in two different, neighboring hexes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post