Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

RichClark
Well, Enchanting has been turned loose, but we know very little.

So, I am starting this thread to share information.

I haven't found any recipes yet.

I have found the following components:

T1 Banded Flint Nodule - Raw Gem
T1 Goblinbramble Berries - Raw Chemical: Weak Enthrawling
T1 Myrrh Gum - Raw Chemical: Weak Restorative
T2 Owlbear Feather - Raw Cloth
T2 Realgar Crystal - Raw Chemical
T1 Wereboar Blood - Raw Chemical: Weak Lycanthropic
T1 Woodbristle Mushroom - Raw Chemical: Weak Restorative

I'm hoping by sharing, we can get a handle on Enchanting.

I'm also interested in what you think these things are worth, though I doubt that will happen until we see a few recipes.

See you all soon,

smile Maker

NightmareSr
since they are rare drops it might be difficult to establish a price point.
I have been very busy with work and RL so haven't been able to get in so am a bit behind, but look forward to sharing info for sure. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Schedim
Yeah, I realised that in this wonderful system there will not be so much "This is the magical thingamajig I want to make" as much as "This magical stuff I randomly have found allows me to create".

There is so many variables involved, perhaps with a vastly greater population there would be possible to coordinate a manufactural chain, but then there would be much greater competition for resources … Enchanted stuff will be quite rare and random I think … I love it!

But, I have got a good recipe drop for Mica, so I looking for trading for that. I have a reliable source of Ylinder clod (T2) and less reliable for Giant Ant Stinger (T1).
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
RichClark
I did find a recipe, Lesser Seneschal. It gives a +7 bonus to your Seneschal ability.

This led me to the Artificer / Iconographer workshop. There are Lesser, Moderate and Greater versions of a lot of spells. Most work with one or two types of items (rings, Packs, etc). Lesser (T1) need a +1 item to enchant. Moderate (T2) need a +2 item to enchant. Greater (T3) need a +3 item to enchant. At least that's the way I read it at first glance.

Several of the spells (Lesser) give a +7 bonus to a crafting skill. Others give a smaller bonus to one of your saves.

Those recipies led me to the refiners workshops where there are dozens of new things to refine in each workshop.

I'll try to post what I've found in a few days, after I've got my head around it.

smile Maker
Schedim
I think you don't need a T2+2 item to enchant it, as i reads it you do fine with a T2+0, but you loose out a bit of the bonus that way.
I mean the t1+0 item just gives a meager +1 on protection (frex), a T1+3 gives a whopping +4. (a T2+0 gives +7 as a base IIRC).

I just found the Lesser Blivious Recovery Recipe … is the Oblivious debuff really so bad it is worth creating a magical item to speed up the recovery?
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Lisa Stevens
I managed to create a Lesser Forester Fine Ring +2 yesterday. Was purely happenstance as Garric and I were killing Gutgluts and the recipe dropped. Once I learned it, I figured out that the Gutgluts dropped the salvage I need for one ingredient and nearby hex gave me the gathering ingredient I needed. And I already had the crystal needed. Pure luck. smile

-Spider
RichClark
One small error - Greater is actually for T2s - I realized I don't have a T3 recipe - guessing they're Superior or something.
Schedim
Pffff some body have it easy, so far i have half the ingredients to about half a dozen things, but the refined stuff are the bottleneck!

smile

Congrats to the title "First Lady of the Rings"
RichClark
As to prices, this is my preliminary suggestion:

Most T1s I value at 25c, so these being rarer, I suggest 35c - 40c.

Most T2 I value at 50c, I suggest 75c.

Most T3 I value at 2s, I suggest 3s.

This is about a 50% increase over normal components, realizing that some will be worth more because of rarity or the demand for them.

smile Maker
Bob
RichClark
One small error - Greater is actually for T2s - I realized I don't have a T3 recipe - guessing they're Superior or something.

Correct, Lesser is T1, Greater is T2, and Superior is T3.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post