Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Bob
Schedim
I just found the Lesser Blivious Recovery Recipe … is the Oblivious debuff really so bad it is worth creating a magical item to speed up the recovery?

There are enchantments available to increase recovery from pretty much every debuff. How useful they are really depends on how often you're getting hit with those debuffs. If you know you're going up against enemies that apply it liberally, then it's probably worth equipping. If not, there's a good chance something else is a better choice. It's kind of that way for all the more specific enchantments. If you can adjust your equipment according to the enemies your facing, then the right mix of very specific enchantments will give you the best results. If you're not quite sure what you'll be running up against, then a mix of more generally applicable enchantments is probably a better choice.

And of course that's just one of the many variables that goes into choosing enchantments. Boosting strengths, balancing weaknesses, equipment limits, enchantment price, durability considerations, all play into which choice is best for you in any given situation.
Bringslite
The whole update offers far. far more than chocolate, vanilla or strawberry indeed! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
I can see a need for a new knowledge feat "pronounce weird enchantment names correctly".
NightmareSr
I have checked 5 of the 9 Badlands (Crater or Meteor) hexes, as I try to find enchanting raw mats. But something dawned on me…
The same hexes use to have a few forester nodes or scavenger nodes mixed in the abundant miner and dowser nodes, but I have only been able to find Miner nodes and Dowser nodes in those hexes now.
Am I just not finding the 3rd node type in those hexes or was this a new change/bug, @Bob ?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Bob
NightmareSr
I have checked 5 of the 9 Badlands (Crater or Meteor) hexes, as I try to find enchanting raw mats. But something dawned on me…
The same hexes use to have a few forester nodes or scavenger nodes mixed in the abundant miner and dowser nodes, but I have only been able to find Miner nodes and Dowser nodes in those hexes now.
Am I just not finding the 3rd node type in those hexes or was this a new change/bug, @Bob ?

There weren't any changes to the node types. I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me, but I think the crater hexes only have miner and dowser, while mountain hexes have miner and dowser with a very small amount of forester.

What I can say for sure is that hexes have either miner or scavenger nodes, never both. There are however some items that can be found at either miner or scavenger nodes, which does lead to some confusion. It's also possible that sometimes a node from a neighboring hex will be right on the border and will wind up being treated like it's in your current hex, which can be even more confusing. Still lots of polish to be done on that system.
NightmareSr
Bob
There weren't any changes to the node types. I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me, but I think the crater hexes only have miner and dowser, while mountain hexes have miner and dowser with a very small amount of forester.

What I can say for sure is that hexes have either miner or scavenger nodes, never both. There are however some items that can be found at either miner or scavenger nodes, which does lead to some confusion. It's also possible that sometimes a node from a neighboring hex will be right on the border and will wind up being treated like it's in your current hex, which can be even more confusing. Still lots of polish to be done on that system.
Thanks Bob, I thought Miner and Scavenger nodes never met each other in the same hex but multiple people had told me otherwise so I assumed I was wrong smile
I just could have sworn that the South East crater had a few Forester nodes before but I very well might have been mistaken.
I mainly wanted to double check that what I was seeing since the release is correct. Thanks again for the quick weekend response.
Schedim
Bob
There are enchantments available to increase recovery from pretty much every debuff. How useful they are really depends on how often you're getting hit with those debuffs. If you know you're going up against enemies that apply it liberally, then it's probably worth equipping. If not, there's a good chance something else is a better choice. It's kind of that way for all the more specific enchantments. If you can adjust your equipment according to the enemies your facing, then the right mix of very specific enchantments will give you the best results. If you're not quite sure what you'll be running up against, then a mix of more generally applicable enchantments is probably a better choice.

And of course that's just one of the many variables that goes into choosing enchantments. Boosting strengths, balancing weaknesses, equipment limits, enchantment price, durability considerations, all play into which choice is best for you in any given situation.

Ah, I expressed myself badly, it was not so much critizism of the system as a question if there was a Oblivious dealer out there dangerous enough to warrant putting the effort in making the magical artifact. I haven't seen any, but I have a very limited combat experience. The attack I have that deals Oblivious never seems to have any visible impact on the poor critters exposed to it (but i haven't used it very much either). There are several attacks that (at least used to) arn't fully implemented versus mobs 8or PvP?).

(And now I have reread the channel/stacks and debuff info and I'll try thr Blinding Dust in a bit more controlled way to see if it sin't better than i have belived it to be)
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
You are a Troll
One of the greatest benefits of applying a debuff is that other attacks might have a greatly increased effect when targeting a mob (or player) that is currently being affected by that debuff. You will know this is true for one of your own attacks because the border of the attack (or expendable) will light up green when the mob you have targeted is under the effect of the debuff or other state that the attack synergizes with.
NightmareSr
You are a Troll
One of the greatest benefits of applying a debuff is that other attacks might have a greatly increased effect when targeting a mob (or player) that is currently being affected by that debuff. You will know this is true for one of your own attacks because the border of the attack (or expendable) will light up green when the mob you have targeted is under the effect of the debuff or other state that the attack synergizes with.
Oh that's why attacks light up green sometimes. Huh, that's good to know, thanks Troll.
Bob
Schedim
Ah, I expressed myself badly, it was not so much critizism of the system as a question if there was a Oblivious dealer out there dangerous enough to warrant putting the effort in making the magical artifact. I haven't seen any, but I have a very limited combat experience. The attack I have that deals Oblivious never seems to have any visible impact on the poor critters exposed to it (but i haven't used it very much either). There are several attacks that (at least used to) arn't fully implemented versus mobs 8or PvP?)

At a quick glance, there are a fair number of NPC attacks that apply Oblivious to varying degrees, and they look like attacks used by low-, mid-, and high-level NPCs. There's also at least one NPC attack that uses Oblivious as a conditional, so the sooner you can get rid of it, the sooner they'll stop taking advantage of it. I'd say it's not one of the biggest debuffs to worry about, but it is out there.

As for how effective it is, the main combat effect it would have is an attack penalty, so Oblivious characters/NPCs should be doing less damage to you. That can be pretty hard to spot, admittedly, but should still be helping you out. Likewise, it's hard to tell how much less damage you're doing while you're Oblivious, but you're definitely better off getting rid of that attack penalty faster.

I'm pretty sure Oblivious isn't one of the attack effects that doesn't yet have any effect on NPCs, though the perception penalty aspect may not affect them yet.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post