Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Enchanting

Bob
Bob
I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me, but I think the crater hexes only have miner and dowser, while mountain hexes have miner and dowser with a very small amount of forester.

Okay, so I got myself a little turned around on these because we use some similar terminology for a few things. Being a Badlands hex doesn't determine which node types are available in that hex. Badlands is a Hex Type, which defines things like how many total nodes and encounters are there, what the default security level is, and whether or not players can claim that hex by placing holdings there.

What defines the types of nodes is the Terrain Type for that hex. One of the terrain types is called Brokenlands, and that terrain has no forester nodes. However, all of the Badlands hexes use other terrain types, so they'll actually have at least some forester nodes. Some will have miner nodes, and some will have scavenger nodes instead. Some use the Highlands or Mountains terrains, and those will have a relatively small number of forester nodes. The Brokenlands terrain is actually only used on some of the monster hexes.
NightmareSr
Ah yes, terminology confusion again (I must have rolled low on my "terminology check"smile.
Thanks Bob, it was the few Brokenlands hexes that I was meaning. I thought I had seen forester nodes there before but must have been mistaken. My confusion was compounded over the weekend by other players thinking I was right and adding that scavenger nodes should be in one or two instead of forester.
As long as all the Brokenlands Hexes are supposed to have just Miner and Dowser then I am fine.
– Being just a T1 gatherer I have had no reason to worry about gathering in those hexes since it didn't give me anything special, but now Enchantment has changed that. And I love it smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare –
Edam
What does not help matters is the meteor hexes are called "brokenlands" in the early documentation which was constantly being confused with "badlands". As a result people expected badlands hexes to give an adjoining ore bonus (which they do not, only meteor hex give an adjoining ore bonus).
NightmareSr
Edam
What does not help matters is the meteor hexes are called "brokenlands" in the early documentation which was constantly being confused with "badlands". As a result people expected badlands hexes to give an adjoining ore bonus (which they do not, only meteor hex give an adjoining ore bonus).
What's "an adjoining ore" bonus?
Bob
NightmareSr

I'm not sure it's so much a bonus as that Meteoric Iron Ore is found in the highest quantities in Brokenlands Monster Hexes and has bled over in smaller quantities to adjoining Badlands hexes. It generally isn't found elsewhere, though it looks like there might be at least one minor exception. It doesn't look like those hexes already have the same total mat value as other hexes in other mats, with Meteoric Iron Ore then added on top. But it is a bonus in the sense that it's a thing of value that generally can't be found elsewhere.
NightmareSr
Bob
NightmareSr

I'm not sure it's so much a bonus as that Meteoric Iron Ore is found in the highest quantities in Brokenlands Monster Hexes and has bled over in smaller quantities to adjoining Badlands hexes. It generally isn't found elsewhere, though it looks like there might be at least one minor exception. It doesn't look like those hexes already have the same total mat value as other hexes in other mats, with Meteoric Iron Ore then added on top. But it is a bonus in the sense that it's a thing of value that generally can't be found elsewhere.
Oh yeah that better stuff that is yet beyond my grasp haha, I'll get there eventually.
Thanks for the info.
Edam
Bob
NightmareSr

The ore bonus I was referring to is the extra Bulk Ore you get in any hex adjoining a meteor hex when you place a holding. Some people originally thought it referred to badlands hexes and were placing mining outposts in odd places where there was minimal bulk ore (clearly not checking the wiki for actual production values in the hex).

Sorry about the confusion.
Bob
Edam
The ore bonus I was referring to is the extra Bulk Ore you get in any hex adjoining a meteor hex when you place a holding. Some people originally thought it referred to badlands hexes and were placing mining outposts in odd places where there was minimal bulk ore (clearly not checking the wiki for actual production values in the hex).

Ah, yes, I can see in the bulk calculations that neighboring a brokenlands hex definitely boosts your ore. The way it does so essentially reduces the other bulk resources by an equal amount, so the end result is that all hexes have roughly the same total amount of bulk resources. Still, it gives you a pretty nice bias toward ore.
RichClark
OK - I have the list of new renderings and items.

Please realize these are only the ones I have access to and its always possible I wrote something down wrong.

Since there are so many, I'm going to list them by Crafter.

Maker
RichClark
Geologist

Tier 1 Banded Gem
Banded 5

Tier 2 Dancing Needle
Dancing Animal Bones 5
Unhallowed Grave Dirt 1

Tier 2 Greater Fiery Gem
Greater Fiery 5
Lesser Fiery 1

Tier 2 Greater Frosted Gem