Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Sooo .. what does shrug off actually do ?

Edam
No one seems to know for sure.

There is plenty of conjecture, some people think it temporarily bumps recovery bonuses, another theory is it instantly reduces current debuffs (making it useless as a pre-combat buff). Whether it effects DoT stacks like bleeding or just works on debuffs like slow is also debatable.

The wiki and goblinary are remarkably unhelpful on the matter.

Is there any chance we could gt more information on what this actually does?
Bob
It should reduce or remove the highest priority debuff (stacking with highest number of stacks, otherwise timed with longest remaining time) in either the Torment or Weakness channel.
Edam
OK, just want to confirm i have this clear:

1. if its pre-combat and i am not suffering from debuffs shrug off does nothing
  2. if I am in combat with, lets say, 100 stacks of slow (torment channel) as well as a couple of other debuffs at a lower level, shrug off removes the entire 100 slow instantly but the other debuffs remain
  3. if i cast an expendable with shrug off a second time all stacks of the next highest debuff are immediately removed
  4. burning and bleeding can be removed by shrug off (torment channel) but afflicted (submission channel) cannot.
You are a Troll
Edam

2. if I am in combat with, lets say, 100 stacks of slow (torment channel) as well as a couple of other debuffs at a lower level, shrug off removes the entire 100 slow instantly but the other debuffs remain
  3. if i cast an expendable with shrug off a second time all stacks of the next highest debuff are immediately removed
  4. burning and bleeding can be removed by shrug off (torment channel) but afflicted (submission channel) cannot.

In addition, how do things like Journeyman's Antiplague work, which say Shrug Off to self x3?
BlackMoria
Bob will probably weigh in but I interpret Shrug Off x 3 to remove three stacks of debuffs. Whether that is concurrent or consecutive stacks, I don't know.
Bob
Edam

1. Correct.
  2. "Reduce or remove" in this case means "reduces by a certain amount, which may be enough to remove." Shrug off should remove X stacks (depending on effect power and related recovery rate) or Y time (depending on effect power), so if you start out with no more than X stacks or Y time, the debuff should be removed.
  3. Casting it a second time will "reduce or remove" whatever debuff is now highest priority. If the first one removed the highest-priority debuff, the second one should reduce or remove what was originally the second highest-priority debuff. If the first one only reduced the highest-priority debuff, then the second one should still affect the original high-priority debuff if it still has more stacks than the second-highest priority. If not, then it should affect what was originally the second-highest priority.
  4. Correct.
Bob
You are a Troll
In addition, how do things like Journeyman's Antiplague work, which say Shrug Off to self x3?

It should be treated as Shrug Off happening 3 times in a row. Each time, it will affect whatever is the highest-priority debuff at that moment, which may or may not have changed as a result of a previous Shrug Off.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post