Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Nhur Athemon Sequence

Bob
Once all the sequences are cleared, we'll add the Emerald Aristocrats to the rotation in the next build (unless there's one already almost complete, in which case we'll do so in the build after that). I'll probably add the Eternal Youth escalation sometime around then as well, but I also want to take another look at the timing/balance on it before doing so.

For both of those escalations, we do plan on adding something to make them happen less often than any other escalations do. Currently, escalations simply have a number that says how often they can appear in the world at the same time. The lowest I can set a specific escalation variant to and still have it appear in the standard rotation is 1. At that setting, once that escalation launches somewhere, it can't launch anywhere else until it's cleared. Once cleared, it could theoretically launch as soon as the next monster hex requests a new escalation, but it's not particularly likely to. However, once around 10-20 hexes have requested escalations, it's reasonably likely to appear in one of them. So, the faster escalations are cleared and replaced around the world, the faster that escalation will reappear.

What we've been talking about doing is adding a delay on these two escalations that guarantees they won't reappear for 1-2 weeks after being cleared. That wouldn't block them both from appearing at once, but if the delay was 3-4 times as long as it takes for either one to get cleared, then they'd pretty quickly fall into a pattern where one would spawn and get cleared while the other one was on a delay, then the other, and back and forth. Every once in a while they'd both appear at the same time, but then they'd probably get cleared one after the other and the pattern would start again. We could probably also throw on something to say that only one can appear at a time, but that could be overkill, particularly since neither of these will be a spreading escalation in the near future. If we can get away with one piece of new code instead of two, that would be best.
Bob
Another defeat for Nhur Athemon near Fort Ouroboros (6-6), leaving only 3 sequences to clear:

• Succinct Prime 3-3-4: Currently on escalation 26 (The Revenge of Nhur Athemon) at 100000 strength.
  • Canis Castrum 4-4: Currently on escalation 26 (The Revenge of Nhur Athemon) at 100000 strength.
  • Sunholm 5-5-6: Currently on escalation 22 (Dark Elves) at 30625 strength.
Bob
With the remaining sequences falling so quickly in recent days, there's a chance we could add Emerald Aristocrats to the new build we're working on. That build is primarily to fix various Combat Alchemist bugs, but I'm also looking to add a little new content to pursue for everyone who finds themselves playing a little more often in these challenging times.

Adding an escalation to the rotation is a trivial thing, just changing a zero to a one in a single spreadsheet. Making it occur less often would involve a fair amount of code work and we're thinking that may be overkill, at least in terms of doing a bunch of work just in case Emerald Aristocrats appears too often. If all I do is change that zero to one, then Emerald Aristocrats would appear about as often as Over the Crown or Elite Duergar Slavers do, and there does usually seem to be a pretty good delay before those reappear. If we find that's too often for something as high level as Emerald Aristocrats, then we could make additional changes, and we'd know that we definitely shouldn't add Eternal Youth until those changes are made. If all is well, then we'd have avoided some unnecessary work.

Of course, this is a moot point if there's no chance of clearing the remaining sequences in time. We probably won't be getting to final testing until late next week, so if it starts to look like all three sequences will be cleared shortly after that (say by Daily Maintenance on April 6), then we'll delay the build just long enough to include Emerald Aristocrats. If not, then we'll go ahead with the update as quickly as we can, only including the escalation if it turns out that fixing all the bugs takes longer than we expect.
Bob
Impressive progress, roughly on pace to clear all the sequences by next Monday:

• Succinct Prime 3-3-4: Currently on escalation 29 (Emerald Aristocrats) at 114949 strength.
  • Canis Castrum 4-4: Currently on escalation 27 (Gathering of Legends) at 59057.5 strength.
  • Sunholm 5-5-6: Currently on escalation 24 (Elite Duergar Slavers) at 53750 strength.
You are a Troll
Nice work Nightstalkers
Lisa Stevens
You are a Troll
Nice work Nightstalkers

I heard that an unholy alliance of two Bandits and two Nightstalkers took down the Gathering of Legends in Canis 4-4 yesterday. Definitely strange times.

-Spider
malmuerta
Lisa Stevens
You are a Troll
Nice work Nightstalkers

I heard that an unholy alliance of two Bandits and two Nightstalkers took down the Gathering of Legends in Canis 4-4 yesterday. Definitely strange times.

-Spider

The Bandits hangout on the Aragon Alliance Discord Guest Channel daily, any and all are welcome to drop in and say Hi.
If not in the Guest Channel, we are probably in our Raid Channel plotting to take your stuff. But we will see you in the Guest channel anyway.
Rhethwyn
I need to find an active Crewe.
Bob
Nhur Athemon was defeated in Succinct Prime's assigned hex, leaving only 2 sequences remaining:

• Canis Castrum 4-4: Currently on escalation 28 (Over the Crown) at 52555 strength.
  • Sunholm 5-5-6: Currently on escalation 24 (Elite Duergar Slavers) at 44500 strength.
Bob
Since the last sequences are so close to being cleared, we decided to include Emerald Aristocrats as a standard escalation in the next update. We're just about to start making release candidates for final testing, so hopefully we'll have a release build ready sometime next week, but we'll hold off on deploying it until the last sequence falls. As an added incentive to clear the sequences quickly, I'll just casually mention that the build also includes over 50 new rare items, both raw materials and salvage, that you'll be able to collect and turn in for prizes as part of an event to honor everyone's help in staying home and staying healthy. More details coming soon.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post